Zion Keeps on Improving

That's actually not true - i think all of them were over 300. Jonah was the one who probably played under 300 though.

That said, i do agree a 285-295 tackle can easily get by in today's game, as long as he has functional strength. There's much less power running and more shadow blocking with these spread concepts and it's much more important to have a lighter more agile OT to handle the pass rush than a slow footed heavy plodder.

Not sure about the combine but there was only 1 OL that was 300+ at the Senior Bowl

Advertisement
Starting O-line this Fall - Zion, Navaughn, Gaynor, Scaife, Herbert or Campbell

Lets ride!

OL and OC impressed enough so why should we doubt the kids skills. Why should we also doubt their preference for under weight, but agile Tackles with anticipation of building up their weight and strength. Reminds me old Canes philosophy of turning a LB to DE.

Advertisement
Zio gonna start week 1

May not start but serious PT is coming, I would definitely get him in for some snaps against gayturds maybe very early so he can feel the tempo and some real early hitting.

Zion is a sponge wide eyed future BEAST to protect our blind side , let him feed early so he’ll know what needs to be done.

ZION means HEAVEN

GOCANES

Not too many 240 pound lineman are going to get recruit by the Power 5. How big was Eric Winston when he came in? Maybe 250 as an inline tight end.

Exactly. Funny too if one goes back and looks at our o-line from like 1999. Keep in mind that there was even some media guide padding going on with some of these weights too.

20190421_105905.jpg

I will gladly eat crow, I thought what a reach, a 2 star 240 OL who will never see the field his entire career here. It looks like this kid has put himself in a position to start. This kid is my favorite recruit now because he was such an underdog and I questioned him. Good luck young man keep balling out and make us proud!

We have been begging for a big time LT for **** near a decade or more, love being pleasantly surprised by an under weight athletic kid that came in early and seems to have taken the job. A long way to go but l hope he continues pushing over the summer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Was this the guy who was doing that goofy grunting in that lifting video? Forgive me if I’m wrong 👍

Advertisement
I think Herbert have put a bit of separation between himself and Campbell. Campbell had a pretty poor game and was beat repeatedly off the edge. Might be a guard

I agree with that. I'm hoping that seeing one of his classmates in Scaife have early success, can motivate him to develop as quickly as possible. I think he should settle in on one position, preferably tackle, until it becomes abundantly clear that he's playing the wrong position.

Zion is constantly praised for his athleticism and toughness. Seeing him at 280-85 in August, I now expect him to start. With ND and Scaife locks to start, we’ll have a top competition for your remaining two OL positions among:

Hillery
Reed
Gaynor
Herbert
Dykstra
Brown
Campbell
Kennedy
Griffith
El Gammal
Clark

Who you got for the 2 OL spots?

Ouch......

Maybe Reed
Typically..star whores have a lot more in their mouths besides just feet. Zion F around and become a baby Tyron Smith or D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

First im not a star *****, I was just skeptical.

He looks athletic on his senior film and plays pretty **** nasty. When he gets to 300 pounds or so he will be really intriguing considering he’s done so well it appears. Enos was raving about him and you know he don’t sugar coat anything ....

Peep the 5:58 mark

Sounds like Zion is going to be a starter this year

I think Kennedy should go back to 1AA FCS and Brown ought to Transfer somewhere he can play cause these young Bucks in Zion, Herbert, and Campbell have already passed them. I expect that Reed is ahead of them as well. Gaynor, Donaldson. and Scaife are probable starters so we got 7 dudes that we know can play.

Advertisement
Back