Zion Keeps on Improving

Whether he plays a lot this year remains to be seen but the fact of the work ethic for a guy that was not highly recruited when compared against others that have been here for years is nothing less than outstanding.

Foot in my mouth for sure.

Advertisement
I would love it if he can catch a red shirt this year and not get thrown in already but if he really is best that boi Zion play

I never was upset with this commitment as you just never know. Richt was desperate but the fact that he is playing so well shows he was wise with his desperation. The fact he only had App St after means little there is just so many football players it ain't like basketball where there are 13 on a team or whatever . Guys slip thru the cracks . **** guys like Ray lewis and Ed reed with 3 star nobodies.

Advertisement
I never was upset with this commitment as you just never know. Richt was desperate but the fact that he is playing so well shows he was wise with his desperation. The fact he only had App St after means little there is just so many football players it ain't like basketball where there are 13 on a team or whatever . Guys slip thru the cracks . **** guys like Ray lewis and Ed reed with 3 star nobodies.

Exactly. There are just way too many H.S. Football players across the country for the "experts" to be able to identify all the studs.

Its not like basketball where it's easy to see that a young Shaq, Lebron, or Kobe is a beast. H.S. football players depend so much on who else is on their team. It's incredibly easy to not get noticed.

That said, it's still early to proclaim Zion a stud. But you have to be encouraged by his progress.

Hopefully we hit on the OT from New York as well. We have struggled with OT play the last few years, and it would be nice to have a couple kids anchoring the tackle spots down for a few years. We have a ton of capable young talent inside now but OT has been an obvious concern.

Advertisement
He looks athletic on his senior film and plays pretty **** nasty. When he gets to 300 pounds or so he will be really intriguing considering he’s done so well it appears. Enos was raving about him and you know he don’t sugar coat anything ....

Peep the 5:58 mark

It’s not that they hit on him. That’s random.

It’s the process of taking a true tackle type with his traits that is telling. Instead of putting guards at tackle.

Keep recruiting athletic slim nasty tackles with length and let Feeley work.

Advertisement
Don’t forget Corey Gaynor is a starting OL on this team.

Not ****ting on Nelson at all, just saying remember when you’re talking about all these different combos and rotations that a starting lineman is not playing right now, but will be in the fall.

Zion is the Greg Rousseau of our offense. Came in under recruited but a physical specimen who has opened everyone’s eyes right away and has made an instant impact. He seems to have all of the intagibles and a great work ethic so I feel like the sky is the limit for him. Have him go against Nesta in one on ones to help him develop a crazy mean streak and we’ve got ourselves a baller on our hands!

Out of the top ten OT's at the combine, only one was 300 lbs +. In today's game you need guys outside who are quick and agile. Curiously, he is the type of tackle Enos said he was looking for .

That's actually not true - i think all of them were over 300. Jonah was the one who probably played under 300 though.

That said, i do agree a 285-295 tackle can easily get by in today's game, as long as he has functional strength. There's much less power running and more shadow blocking with these spread concepts and it's much more important to have a lighter more agile OT to handle the pass rush than a slow footed heavy plodder.

Advertisement
Hard work and heart. I'll give Searles credit in finding the kid. I hope he's able to RS this season so he can get stronger but it does seem as if ws found our LT of the future.

Reed and Scaife, when that light flips on and it all makes sense, will be nastiest duo we ever had. I can't even imagine the practices against Nesta. We got some old school nastiness out of those for sure, don't know enough about Zion to form an opinion.

Advertisement
Back