2024 Zaquan Patterson - Safety, Chaminade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
whelp might as well not tune in for this one… we have an insider pretty much telling us we’ll win the war but lose the battle this weekend…

Apparently we have plenty of money but are unwilling to spend. If true that Mario is gambling on the season and to flip kids so be it… it’s looking like it’s either he comes out a hero or a zero when it’s all said and done no in between…
Why are people conflating NIL money and bag money? We may have plenty of NIL money, doesnt mean we have the bag money or people willing to play that game. Word is FSU is all about that this recruiting cycle. Now even Michigan people are making comments about FSU and their illegal bags.

Why are people conflating NIL money and bag money? We may have plenty of NIL money, doesnt mean we have the bag money or people willing to play that game. Word is FSU is all about that this recruiting cycle. Now even Michigan people are making comments about FSU and their illegal bags.
So have Miami or Michigan drop the dime on them or fire a shot across the FSU bow .... it won't happen b/c we have skeletons in our closet too. I'm sure that Kam Franklin paid on his own dime to visit Miami 6x .... LOL.

There was also the SEC YouTuber that said the same thing. Too much smoke from different sources saying the same thing.

Advertisement
Well then, if you can’t beat them join them.

We can’t let our main rival, just come down here and start taking any player they want from South FL. We saw that happen before and we’ve seen the results as well.

This is another one the staff feels good, stay the course. I now am starting to get an infomercial add for the last few recruits, but wait there's more! And Alakazam buddy going to FSU.

I'm not sure who to be upset, myself, or the narrative director for football operations Miami.

Advertisement
This is another one the staff feels good, stay the course. I now am starting to get an infomercial add for the last few recruits, but wait there's more! And Alakazam buddy going to FSU.

I'm not sure who to be upset, myself, or the narrative director for football operations Miami.
When in doubt, get mad at everyone!

F all the fsu talk. I hate hearing they’ll land him now we’ll Land him signing day. It’s way harder to flip and land a guy that is already committed. Just lock him up now get some momentum on the trail back

From a 247 writer

Attachments

• IMG_4010.jpeg
    IMG_4010.jpeg
    990.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4011.jpeg
    IMG_4011.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4012.jpeg
    IMG_4012.jpeg
    340.1 KB · Views: 2
Its crazy that were going to whiff on patterson , he will walk into the perfect situation at miami , Kam and james will both most likely be gone and he will have a big opportunity to fight to be the starting safety as a freshmen but he going to fsu ??? im tired of us losing blue chip players in our own backyard smh.

Advertisement
should have taken him anyway regardless.

I was touting him frome arly not sure why they slowplayed or d*cked around...only to grab a guy int he portal who....portaled out already. Lost Cormani Mclain and d*cked around with Antoine Jackson who i thinK Edwin was bette rthan in the first place.

He was one of the better 2 way players down here.
if I had to guess, it may have been because of his frame/mass. From an assortment of tidbits and ‘feedback,’ players on the skinnier side gets downplayed or labeled something like ‘not *working* enough’ or ‘not reliable.’ I really like Stafford from last year, but already hearing whispers of him being too thin.

I think it’s safe to say they value kids with big frames, workout kids, and that’s fine. Problem is when your evaluation doesn’t have enough room for exceptions to your rules. Lots of ‘skinny’ cover corners impacting defense at all levels.

****, I’m still unsure what happened with Hussey at Safety last year. Seemed like we weren’t pushing that hard, or maybe he was never interested. I liked him. Hopefully, I made a crap eval there because he’ll now play against us.

if I had to guess, it may have been because of his frame/mass. From an assortment of tidbits and ‘feedback,’ players on the skinnier side gets downplayed or labeled something like ‘not *working* enough’ or ‘not reliable.’ I really like Stafford from last year, but already hearing whispers of him being too thin.

I think it’s safe to say they value kids with big frames, workout kids, and that’s fine. Problem is when your evaluation doesn’t have enough room for exceptions to your rules. Lots of ‘skinny’ cover corners impacting defense at all levels.

****, I’m still unsure what happened with Hussey at Safety last year. Seemed like we weren’t pushing that hard, or maybe he was never interested. I liked him. Hopefully, I made a crap eval there because he’ll now play against us.
I heard a lot of good buzz on Stafford yesterday.

It seems like we ARE going to watch it happen. Maybe Mario is a much bigger gambler than I am. It seemed like this kid had a parent who was all on board with Mario and Miami. That is starting to feel less true; other than the $$, not sure what would have happened.

I'll certainly keep my fingers crossed this week.
I think you answered your own question. Time will tell If Mario’s strategy works. Mario didn’t forget to recruit and i know we aren’t broke. I’m genuinely not worried about it whether any kid comes or goes. I see what Mario’s building and expect us to loaded soon.

Btw, with many kids across the county, don’t be surprised if you see a lot of flips at the end game. Not just with our targets. This is happening across the board.

Advertisement
All we have heard all cycle is this is a down year for south Florida vs last year and that is part of what has been a large factor in our struggles this cycle. If that’s the case then you absolutely have to keep the few guys like this home.

I think you answered your own question. Time will tell If Mario’s strategy works. Mario didn’t forget to recruit and i know we aren’t broke. I’m genuinely not worried about it whether any kid comes or goes. I see what Mario’s building and expect us to loaded soon.

Btw, with many kids across the county, don’t be surprised if you see a lot of flips at the end game. Not just with our targets. This is happening across the board.
I don’t think he forgot how to recruit but he may be slow to adapt to whatever changes have happened with NIL at his cycle. You can’t dismiss everything out of hand when there’s enough evidence at this point.

I thought the issue with Hussey is that we hired a coach from his high school so there is a 1 year period where you can't sign a kid from that school? We tried for a waiver, but couldn't get it approved? Someone correct if I'm wrong.

Also the reason Bain was able to sign here after we hired Roland was because of his brother being on the staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back