2024 Zaquan Patterson - Safety, Chaminade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Sarcasm?

I mean all 3 of those can be true so I can't tell. (Although at worst I'd say Patterson and Thomas are 1/1A, Patterson is a beast)
Lol yeah.

Patterson is safety 1 in my book.

Have a good season, let Kam have an even better 2023 than 2022, and I feel good about Miamis chances of getting the signature.

Advertisement
Wow this would be unacceptable and beyond embarrassing I don't care what FSU offers this cannot happen
What a bizarre situation but then again maybe not really

He should have been in this class by now

FSU comes through late with a massive bag and now suddenly we are hearing he isn’t ready to commit yet, he’s at odds with Chaminade, I doubt Mario wants to take his commitment if this is all happening

I’ll just stick to the football board I think until December

Don’t think it matters where he commits.

Will have the hats out on signing day and probably pick a different school.
Sure he could switch. But optics at this point are huge. The hometown kid who has looked like a Cane most of the way selecting FSU would set us back moreso than all the whiffs thus far.

Also, regarding switching. There are exceptions to the rule but generally when kids select with a “ceremony” this late in the process, end up sticking it out. It’s usually the kids (Chance, Jeremiah, etc) that selected very early with little fanfare that are the ones that have second thoughts and switch closer to December or Feb. Although this one may be slightly different because of the pressure from the HS.

Advertisement
Sure he could switch. But optics at this point are huge. The hometown kid who has looked like a Cane most of the way selecting FSU would set us back moreso than all the whiffs thus far.
Would be absolutely the biggest loss of the cycle if he went to FSU

As much talk as there is about DTs, we really really really need safeties as well, especially one basically gift wrapped to us

Felt like we were early on but lately it feels like fsu auburn michigan tbh
Wait? We’re out of it for him now? Lol. That doesn’t seem right. I’m sure there’s some others getting consideration but I can’t imagine we’re out of this one.

Advertisement
What a bizarre situation but then again maybe not really

He should have been in this class by now

FSU comes through late with a massive bag and now suddenly we are hearing he isn’t ready to commit yet, he’s at odds with Chaminade, I doubt Mario wants to take his commitment if this is all happening

I’ll just stick to the football board I think until December
Yep. Desperately need a good on field season this year. Need to see what this staff can do recruiting wise when we actually have some semblance of results to sell cuz right now we're dead in the water.

Another kid a while back that I said the longer it goes the more we should worry about. Just like Cole. Doing everything they can to not be here. Laughed at for both. Mario is a lame duck here. Hired the wrong HC yet again. If we were gonna be cheap we shoulda hired an X's & O's guy period.

Wait? We’re out of it for him now? Lol. That doesn’t seem right. I’m sure there’s some others getting consideration but I can’t imagine we’re out of this one.
Idk **** bruh im just speculating lol I thought this was almost a lock but its lookin shaky

Advertisement
Yep. Desperately need a good on field season this year. Need to see what this staff can do recruiting wise when we actually have some semblance of results to sell cuz right now we're dead in the water.
I try not to lose sight of the big picture and get too bogged down on one game, one recruit, one season even because this is such a long term plan

But I can’t shake the idea that this is the most important season in my memory. We don’t need to go 15-0 but we’ve got to get back the momentum. A flop on the field this season and it’s going to be hard to keep convincing the people that enthusiastically re-invested in the program when Mario was hired and all these changes were made

I’m probably still being a little dramatic but we need people to be all in on this program and last year on the field really sucked for what we had going at the time

Don’t think it matters where he commits.

Will have the hats out on signing day and probably pick a different school.
It does matter though. If he commits to FSU, the (real) perception that we are getting clowned on in recruiting will be further validated. That impact other targets.

We need to flip the script by next Saturday here. Just flat out unacceptable to lose this kid. I’ve tried to be measured and give Mario the benefit of the doubt as much as I can, but I’m out of patience.

I try not to lose sight of the big picture and get too bogged down on one game, one recruit, one season even because this is such a long term plan

But I can’t shake the idea that this is the most important season in my memory. We don’t need to go 15-0 but we’ve got to get back the momentum. A flop on the field this season and it’s going to be hard to keep convincing the people that enthusiastically re-invested in the program when Mario was hired and all these changes were made

I’m probably still being a little dramatic but we need people to be all in on this program and last year on the field really sucked for what we had going at the time
You are correct. Last year had a nearly catastrophic effect which we're seeing right now play out. Just being a 7 or 8 win team last year and right now we'd be doing great. We've already seen evidence this staff can evaluate well but we all know you can't win championships without premier talent and it doesn't seem like 2024 class will have enough of that level of athlete. Gonna have to ball out and capitalize on the 2025 class to get it rolling. The silver lining is I think Mario will no doubt get that done if he gets this team to actually perform this year and shut down the negative recruiting being used against us. It's put up or get f***** time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back