Zalon'tae Hillery & Kai-Leon Herbert

Hstokes1447

Junior
These two guys are the biggest disappointment of camp IMO. It’s not encouraging at all to see them passed by the true freshmen so easily. I know Herbert wasn’t the strongest kid coming out of high school and Hillery is making the transition from tackle to guard.

I still believe they will develop and eventually contribute on this team. I was just hoping to see those guys in the two deep this season and limit the amount of true freshman that would have to see the field on the offensive line.

Advertisement
These two guys are the biggest disappointment of camp IMO. It’s not encouraging at all to see them passed by the true freshmen so easily. I know Herbert wasn’t the strongest kid coming out of high school and Hillery is making the transition from tackle to guard.

I still believe they will develop and eventually contribute on this team. I was just hoping to see those guys in the two deep this season and limit the amount of true freshman that would have to see the field on the offensive line.
Hillery was a project from the jump. And Herbert while talented was always gonna take a minute. The fact of the matter is that the freshman kids are way more talented and the two guys you mentioned were allright but not exactly world beaters.

Advertisement

Jesus hold judgement on these guys till next season. This is their second year in the program. Pump the brakes brotha.

Advertisement
Herbert was just 2nd string RT. He must have struggled in the scrimmage. I never was that high on herbert. He was athletic but never saw anything to make me think he was going to be this great tackle.

The answer is definitely just give them time and no need for a witch hunt.

I do want to point out that the official depth chart for Game 1 of the 2017 season had Herbert as 2nd string LT behind McDermott. The fact that presumably 3 true freshman have moved to 2nd string can't mean anything but good things regarding these freshmen. I doubt Herbert has gotten worse over his 12 months on campus. Scaife is just ready to eat.

Advertisement
JAG thread?

Not saying they are JAGS and not expecting the world form them. I’m simply saying it’s disapointing that true freshman were able to beat them out. Cleveland has been on campus for a few months and has taken Hillery spot. Hillery was 2nd right guard during the spring and now he is no where to be found on the depth chart.

I hate seeing true freshman in the two deep although I do know that times have changed and true freshman offensive lineman contribute all the time on winning teams. Clemson had 2 true freshman start on their offensive line the year they on the National Championship.

Its hard to fault anyone for falling behind Scaife. If he had the "measurables" Rivals would've had him close to being a 5*. He just dominates every time he steps on a field. ****.. Our coaches wanted him to start out at guard right? Now he's the backup LT the 6th O-lineman as true freshman.

Advertisement
Not saying they are JAGS and not expecting the world form them. I’m simply saying it’s disapointing that true freshman were able to beat them out. Cleveland has been on campus for a few months and has taken Hillery spot. Hillery was 2nd right guard during the spring and now he is no where to be found on the depth chart.

I hate seeing true freshman in the two deep although I do know that times have changed and true freshman offensive lineman contribute all the time on winning teams. Clemson had 2 true freshman start on their offensive line the year they on the National Championship.

Sounds like a great infusion of talent to me. We're at a better point today along the OL than we were last Fall and during the Spring.

You shouldn’t judge guys in the trenches til after year 3
Right I agree o lineman take longer to develop. I’m tired of hearing people writing off these two. I’m writing Dykstra off cuz I honestly think he should have never been offered a spot here.

Advertisement
Back