Zalon'tae Hillery & Kai-Leon Herbert

Maybe a guy like Scaife, reed and John Campbell was more talented than given credit for. **** Campbell had a load of big time offers and had excellent film but because he struggled or was inconsistent at the Orlando Nike opening camp 247 dropped his rating and never moved it up since which was silly imo.

Ps. Another thing our olineman look like lineman should look physically which is enouraging
View attachment 62807
Jahair jones and Tyree St. Louis
Except those two guys in the middle.

Advertisement
People said the same thing about M Jackson didn't play at all until his junior season now could possibly go round 1 in NFL draft point is these two guys have talent just got to be patient let them develop at their own pace

What true freshman was MJ passed by?

Give them time to develop and Sereals to work his magic. Have faith in the coaching staff.

Herbert has been battling an injury and is behind physiccally because of it.

Hillary never struck me as a significant contributor by year2.

I think overall people expect way too much out of OL too early. Playing 1st and 2nd year guys at all should be rare.

I could see Herbert getting his redshirt this year. Let his shoulder heal up and then possibly play in 4 games.

The first team line is apparently playing very well right now featuring Hayden Mahoney and Jahair Jones at both guard spots. At this time last year, a majority of this board would have dropped their scholarships. In 2016, the offense woke up in part to installing Alex Gall, another guy who everyone had written off, at center. Stop giving up on linemen so easily. They often take time.

Advertisement
The first team line is apparently playing very well right now featuring Hayden Mahoney and Jahair Jones at both guard spots. At this time last year, a majority of this board would have dropped their scholarships. In 2016, the offense woke up in part to installing Alex Gall, another guy who everyone had written off, at center. Stop giving up on linemen so easily. They often take time.

I won't believe any of the hype about our O-line until they go live.

They are practicing against the 2's so....meh.

I won't believe any of the hype about our O-line until they go live.

They are practicing against the 2's so....meh.
Our two's are at least as good as most of the ones on our schedule. D line here is deep and talented.

Herbert has been battling an injury and is behind physiccally because of it.

Hillary never struck me as a significant contributor by year2.

I think overall people expect way too much out of OL too early. Playing 1st and 2nd year guys at all should be rare.

thats the OP's point that they are being passed up by 1st year guys

Advertisement
thats the OP's point that they are being passed up by 1st year guys

Ya i get that.....but Reed and especially Scaife were better prospects out of HS. Reeds a champion weightlifter...and strength was Herberts weakness before the injury. It doesnt matter how smartnor how well ypu know the playbook on the line i you cant move anyone out of the way.

Da0cq00W4AA8V_s.jpg

Advertisement
Back