Zach Johnson FGCU

If Huell returns I’ll actually like the makeup of the roster more with there’s guys . Older , smarter and shooters.

Huell should eat with all those assassins out there. Plenty of space , shooting was the issue last year. Brown and Newton were bad/awful.

Huell
Amp
Wilson
Zach
Lykes

Advertisement
If Huell returns I’ll actually like the makeup of the roster more with there’s guys . Older , smarter and shooters.

Huell should eat with all those assassins out there. Plenty of space , shooting was the issue last year. Brown and Newton were bad/awful.

Huell
Amp
Wilson
Zach
Lykes

DJ will be the best shooter on the team next season. Mark it down.

Small lineup
Lykes
DJ/Wilson
Johnson
Amp
Huell

Big lineup
Lykes
Johnson
Amp
Huell
Izundu

With bench players like Gak, Sam, Mack, and Miller

DJ will be the best shooter on the team next season. Mark it down.

He’ll be more effective , he was the only real dangerous three point shooter this past season. Burger is legit and Walker was streaky, but the guys next season are really good . Zack, Wilson and the Mack kid ( If eligible would add another dimension we haven’t had. Which leads to space for the bigs and Dj to get better looks.

DJ more than likely will be a sixth man , which imo is his best spot.

If we land the Am grad transfer we’ll be straight loaded in the backcourt. DJ might actually lose some minutes.

I think the offense will have much better flow. Assuming Huell comes back, he and Izundu will be formidable in the post. We would have shooters, slashers. Very well rounded attack.

Advertisement
I think the offense will have much better flow. Assuming Huell comes back, he and Izundu will be formidable in the post. We would have shooters, slashers. Very well rounded attack.
We have a balanced roster. Too bad L's offensive system is among the most stagnant and unimaginative in the country.

Dudes dunks are insane cant wait to see him play...he is an upgrade over Bruce Brown..Maybe brown has more potentail due to his size but Zach is a freak

I'll feel really good about our offense too. Defensively is where I'm concerned. How is Zach Johnson and Miles Wilson as defenders?

Advertisement
Advertisement
We have a balanced roster. Too bad L's offensive system is among the most stagnant and unimaginative in the country.

Well this is pretty dumb too. Coach L has run at least 3 completely different offenses during his time here. He adjusts to his personnel. You want unimaginitive try Coach K. He had Trevon Duval, a freak athlete, play a slow-down, half-court offense last year because that's what Duke always does.

I expect us to switch from motion back to the high pick and roll. Now we actually have shooters, and Lykes can run it just like Larkin or Angel

Not unless you want to see a transfer out! What I like about Amin (at least what I've heard anyway) is that he's a lock down defender. Sounds like TAMU (main campus) is the favorite.
Problem 2 posted something yesterday showing that Admin is choosing between Miami, Nevada & Witchita st. It’s on page 2 & 3 of this thread.

Advertisement
Well this is pretty dumb too. Coach L has run at least 3 completely different offenses during his time here. He adjusts to his personnel. You want unimaginitive try Coach K. He had Trevon Duval, a freak athlete, play a slow-down, half-court offense last year because that's what Duke always does.

I expect us to switch from motion back to the high pick and roll. Now we actually have shooters, and Lykes can run it just like Larkin or Angel
Our offense last year was terrible. All it was was a big man chasing the ball around the arc setting ball screen after ball screen while the other three players stood around and watched. There was no ball movement, down screening, back screens or motion. Often times the possession would end up with us shooting a contested three or somebody trying score one-on-one as the shot clock ran out. Not enough high percentage shot attempts.

Last edited:
Huell and Izundu can't play extended minutes together, they clog the lane. We need a 4 who can shoot and defend with Huell at the 5. Maybe Sam can become that guy.

Huell and Izundu can't play extended minutes together, they clog the lane. We need a 4 who can shoot and defend with Huell at the 5. Maybe Sam can become that guy.

Izundu + Sam is our best combo probably.

If Sam can keep developing him and Lykes could be a great PnR game. And Izundu is the best interior defnder we have.

Izundu
Sam
Lawrence
Johnson
Lykes

With Huell, Gak, Wilson, Mack, DJ would be ideal. I'm guessing Huell will start though, just cause

Advertisement
Back