Your Nightmare Replacement List

Advertisement
This University has already shown it is capible of firing the Head Coach and promoting the Defensive Coordinator to take his place.

Freddy-GIF-a-nightmare-on-elm-street-30543480-500-200.gif

Advertisement
Here are candidates in no particular order:

Tuberville
Butch.....and not the guy at Tennessee
Schiano
Cristobal
Curtis Johnson

Wildcard pick: any coach who knows defense

what about Curtis Johnson HC of Tulane and former WR coach here.
i like him. need to see more tho.. if that makes sense

You want to see a worse in game coach than Fat Al? Watch a Tulane game. Johnson won last year with a great defense in CUSA. This year the defense is bad and the offense not much better in the AAC. Add to that he's making rookie coaching mistakes in his 3rd year, mistakes that would make Shannon look like a member of Mensa.

Advertisement
ok, i'll be that guy. CHUD. i have no idea why people want this bozo. i wasn't happy with him while he was here. he was gifted an offense full of nfl players on a team with top 5 defenses and special teams. i know records were set when he was here, but i remember his offenses scoring on big plays by big players and the rest of the night doing ****. and he hasn't done anything in the nfl that makes me change my opinion of him, of course i didn't follow his nfl career too closely. just saying.

ok, i'll be that guy. CHUD. i have no idea why people want this bozo. i wasn't happy with him while he was here. he was gifted an offense full of nfl players on a team with top 5 defenses and special teams. i know records were set when he was here, but i remember his offenses scoring on big plays by big players and the rest of the night doing ****. and he hasn't done anything in the nfl that makes me change my opinion of him, of course i didn't follow his nfl career too closely. just saying.

He put big players in position to make big plays. What I wouldn't give to have that said about our coaching staff again.

Here are candidates in no particular order:

Tuberville
Butch.....and not the guy at Tennessee
Schiano
Cristobal
Curtis Johnson

Wildcard pick: any coach who knows defense

NIGHTMARE replacements. Dudes who, if hired, would be considered a NIGHTMARE. All you did was give the same list that has been in every other thread about "realistic" options.

Although to be fair that list is a nightmare list for me, so maybe it is one in the same.

Advertisement

He put big players in position to make big plays. What I wouldn't give to have that said about our coaching staff again.

too each his own, i remember his time differently. i remember guys like portis, mcgahee, dre, et al turning **** plays into touchdowns. the defense and special teams getting things going while the offense was busy punting. the first half of the 2001 penn st game was solid. nothing in the second half. there was a nice swing pass to davenport that went for six. never saw that play again. 2002 first half tenn solid, nothing second half. i won't get into tenn 2003. anyway, he's not in my top 20 for coaches i guess is my point.

too each his own, i remember his time differently. i remember guys like portis, mcgahee, dre, et al turning **** plays into touchdowns. the defense and special teams getting things going while the offense was busy punting. the first half of the 2001 penn st game was solid. nothing in the second half. there was a nice swing pass to davenport that went for six. never saw that play again. 2002 first half tenn solid, nothing second half. i won't get into tenn 2003. anyway, he's not in my top 20 for coaches i guess is my point.

I mean, he would not be my top choice. But the dude was a good playcaller in the NFL, uses his TEs well, and if nothing else will bring the NFL mentality to the program. Did anyone think Jim Mora Jr. would do anything at UCLA? Or Pete Carroll at USC? I sure as **** didn't, and those worked out ok.

Advertisement
As far as names I've heard mentioned go; Cristobal, Fisch and Schiano would all be very disappointing.

I mean, he would not be my top choice. But the dude was a good playcaller in the NFL, uses his TEs well, and if nothing else will bring the NFL mentality to the program. Did anyone think Jim Mora Jr. would do anything at UCLA? Or Pete Carroll at USC? I sure as **** didn't, and those worked out ok.

I do agree with you on the TE point. with what the patriots do with two tight ends i'd like to see 46 and 5 featured in more 2 TE sets. not a fan of how coRley utilizes the TE's.

Advertisement
Back