Your first UM game..

Advertisement
Wow going way back. I was a sophomore at SWHS when Johnny Williams was our SR RB. Not the biggest guy but ran low to the ground, downhill and tough as nails

I played for Coach Juppin and Coach Ellis LMAO 😂 Freshmen 1973 .

I dream often of those days , greatest days of my life no doubt brother

Thank you

GOCANES

I played for Coach Juppin and Coach Ellis LMAO 😂 Freshmen 1973 .

I dream often of those days , greatest days of my life no doubt brother

Thank you

GOCANES

Class of '73. By that time it appeared Juppin had jumped the shark and the decline began.

Advertisement
2000 in WVU. We were just coming off the loss at Washington in Dorsey's first road game. Now he was making his second road start. We started off slow and then beat the breaks off of them.

I’m from NY. The first game I attended was Cuse ‘92. I’ll never forget getting there early and watching Barrow, Smith and Amrstead walk out together and just being in shock. Still have the pictures somewhere. I was rocking my black U starter jacket.

**** cheerleaders have the weirdest expressions on their faces. Why are they smiling so much?

Advertisement
First game I went to was opener in 1968, but first hanger I remember was season opener in 1970 against William & Mary. Friday night football at the OB. Crowds were non-existent, and I remember walking into the press box with my brother because there was nobody there to stop us.

Advertisement
My first game was the Connor Barth FG game at UNC in 2004. I was in the UNC student section. Wasn’t a student but a friend who was got me an ID so I could watch the game for free. My late dad and little sister were in the stands across the field. I never saw them, couldn’t get over there. It was awful.

Went the the LSU peach bowl game that year too. Pure misery, except I did get to ride and sit with my dad and two other friends, who were brothers. There was a drunk Miami fan on the tram after the game who was singing the Auburn fight song, got the whole car to join in. Best part of the night. One year later my dad was dead and one of the brothers was in prison for manslaughter. They’re all still Canes though.

We didn’t win a single game I attended until App State a season ago. That was a lot of fun, seeing the crowd go explode when that safety lit Walton up, then go quiet as a used firework when he kept running. Any hope they had was a lie after that. Saw the Russel Wilson game at NC State, with the brother who didn’t go to jail. This time he was drunk, and I thought for sure we were going to die on their concrete bleachers as he picked multiple fights with the Wolfpack. He is large. I am not.

As you might have guessed, I can travel to ACC country easier than home games, though some day I hope to make one.
My first as well. I chose this one because it seemed like more of a sure win than the NC State game a week or 2 prior. Didn't win a game there I attended until 2017.

1992 orange bowl where we beat Nebraska for the national title...my mother was screaming like a crazy person in the WEZ at all the wrong things...it was very embarrassing

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back