Your first UM game..

Advertisement
I can remember a number of games from the middle and late 70s that I attended with my folks. I have memories of watching OJ Anderson run, and I wore #47 in high school because of him. Folks that are to young to remember our rise to prominence will never know how unbelievable it was when we knocked off Penn State, when we went to our first bowl game in forever (Peach Bowl), or what the city felt like after beating Nebraska for our first NC. I feel very lucky to have grown up in that era of Canes football.

Got dragged to my first game freshman year in 1980. Win over FAMU
Only a half dozen people could be found sitting in the upper deck that year. Two years later the craziness began and the student section was the place to be....after tailgating in Lot W2.

1989 vs Cincinnati. I was 4 years old. I don't remember much of the game but my dad taking me to a hurrricanes game at the OB was the best feeling ever.

Advertisement
1976 or 77 vs the semenholes. Was about 5 or 6 and I remember I had an a t shirt with Otis Anderson’s number and I was proud. We were pretty bad back then. But we never missed the UF or FSU games back then whether home or away.

Advertisement
1974 Bama @ Miami. More Bama fans in the OB than Miami fans. Miami kept it close for a half. Remember seeing The Bear wearing his houndstooth hat.

Advertisement
I hate to say it.
1994 Orange bowl against UW.
Of course that’s the game that ended our record home winning streak.
Yep that was my first game.

I was born and raised in Michigan (always a Canes fan) but add that with my lack of travel early on my first game was when I was 21, it was 2001 in Happy Valley vs Penn State.

First game at OB was Miami/FSU Frank Gore OT winner

2001 vs Syracuse - 59-0. A group of guys parachuted into the stadium to deliver the game ball. Unfortunately, upon landing, one of them broke their legs and delayed the start of the game.
**** of a game to be your first. That one was fun. Mine was 1988 Wisconsin 23 3 snoozer.

Advertisement
Pittsburgh 2000 at the OB. Joey (Jonathon) Vilma Dad and my mom dated so they invited us to game to watch. That’s how I fell in love with the Canes.

Advertisement
Back