Your first UM game..

Advertisement
Great OP here , now my mind is downloading memories.

Tony Christiiany ( spelling) nose tackle stud smalll DUDE.

Oh and I think Steadman Scavella ( spelling) another Southwest high player that star on Canes same time.

🙌🙌🙌🙌 OP HERE

GOCANES

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Lmao some of u all have been going to games a decade before I was even born. Miami has been down basically the whole time I've been a fan, and guess what? It's still all about The U.

Some of us went though the horror before the greatest too. 1962 in the OB vs the gator. George was QB. I was 10 and rode bus from north dade down and back. It was my first football game period. I’m way to old to remember if 10 year old me remembered much of the game. We won and the gator fans around me were a$$holes. I got in fight with one, a student(Iwas a fould mouth little kid). He was full grown so he was beating the crap out me until I kicked him in the nads and pushed him down the steps. Couple chicks from The U started hugging me. I got my first face full of boob and they drove me home. From the first moment it was great to be a Miami Hurricane.

Burdine stadium in Miami vs FL. Very young and do not recall details of game but Miami won 28-13.My first college game I ever watched in person but left lasting impression on me and have been Hurricane fan ever since. Mid fifties Burdine stadium.renamed the Orange Bowl.

Advertisement
It was some meaningless game in 79-80. My buddy and I had gone to the beach with two sisters we were dating and were in our way to Morro Castle for churrros and realized there was a game. We decided to go just for the **** of it.

We greased the lady at the gate $5 each and sat in the upper deck. Watched him Kelly tear it up and I was hooked.

Started going to nearly every home game and even scalped tickets for their first Nat Championship game for about twenty bucks.

We sat in all our glory that night in a giant seas of red.

There was no trash talking back then. Huskee fans were the nicest, most gracious people ever on what had to be the worst and most shocking nights of their lives..

1963 Freshman game vs gators as freshmen didn’t play varsity back then. Our QB was Bob Biletnikoff and theirs was Steve Spurrier. We beat them 22-18 and my love for Canes and Hate for gators was born.

First impression of gators always sucks, and then it gets worse.

My first college game was the 1982 Orange Bowl Classic. Nebraska vs Clemson

Clemson won they first National Championship that night.

Family bought Miami season tickets (West End Zone) the following year and Miami won it all. Hooked forever, we went to every home game from 83-94. The OB was special and would shake on 3rds down. Teams would have to call timeouts because of the noise in the West end. The Ibis was the funniest mascot I ever witnessed. Dude used to clown and taunt opponents relentlessly. There was a bathroom in the lower level that had a door which went under the stadium seating. You could walk straight up the the Canes lockeroom and high five these guys coming out after halftime. Jimmy Johnson was always first man out.

Advertisement
Back