Your first UM game..

2006 FSU-UM at the OB. I was a Sophomore in HS.

Buster Davis played the best game of his life and Kyle Wright was sacked 9 times, smh.

Advertisement
I’m from NY. The first game I attended was Cuse ‘92. I’ll never forget getting there early and watching Barrow, Smith and Amrstead walk out together and just being in shock. Still have the pictures somewhere. I was rocking my black U starter jacket.

2017 Doak Stadium. The “Malik Miracle” game. That pass to Langham in the right end zone sent the canes side KRAZY. Took my mama to the game. Her first as well.
39531DA5-C1CF-446B-8CDF-48653E71E424.jpeg

Advertisement
Die Hards bro! Im pretty sure I still have the ticket stub from my first canes game in the OB!

I’ve been a season ticket holder for like 12 years, but I went to games here and there before that. Trying to remember my first game no chance, I barely remember what I ate last night lol.

If you dont mind, who was your pops?

Dave Murphy, he was recruited out of Minersville Area Highschool in 1972 & played on the undefeated UM freshman team in 73'.
Minersville is a small borough outside Pottsville, Pennsylvania where Yuengling is brewed.

He was recruited as a DE, but ultimately got moved to TE. They were thinking about making him into a OT & in his words "handing roids out like candy". He unfortunately ended up leaving due to this & some off the field issues, but he's the reason I bleed orange & green.

Attachments

• 45E884C3-480E-4771-BCCF-2117A8D9E775.jpeg
    45E884C3-480E-4771-BCCF-2117A8D9E775.jpeg
    287.9 KB · Views: 11
2007 Miami at Boston College. I don’t remember a god **** thing about that game lol.

Made the trip down to Miami for the Notre Dame game for my first home game . Safe to say the best game I’ve ever attended.

****, some of you guys are making this embarrassing. We didn’t have any money to go to games as a kid and then I moved to Delaware at 16. I flew down this year to finally see my Canes live against FSWho. I don’t really have a scale to measure it by, but it was an insane experience.

Advertisement
Don’t remember my first miami game had to have been in the 90s. Funny story I grew up in Tallahassee and my dad was a team doctor for FSU from 93-05 grew up going to their games and practices in 3rd grade 99 I started liking miami for some reason fsu won the natty that year my 4th grade year miami won on wide right 3 and I was all in on the canes at that point to the shagrin of my parents 5th grade year was the 01 team and I haven’t looked back since. Been to every Miami fsu game in Tallahassee since. A few Miami bowl games a few fsu Miami games in Miami and the lsu game this year

Last edited:
YES YES BROTHER 🙌🙌🙌

He was , I remember going to wrestling camps at SW coach Jim Husk HOF wrestling coach and watching JW wrestling WOW.

Thank you so much for your insight, I actually had JW practice with me as a young wide eye buck , great memories

THANK YOU AGAIN 🙌🙌🙌

GOCANES[/QUOTE
Was that the Peach Bowl? I remember it being a big deal that we got to that bowl game that year.
Yes it was. We were moving down from Virginia in 81 and we stopped in Atlanta to go to the game with family that were vag tech alums. Don't remember much because I eight.

Advertisement
I got hit in the head a lot as a child and honestly can't remember my first game in the 60s 😜. More memorable are the many practices I attended in the late 60s and much of the 70s. I do remember the day I began to despise the turds however. I was at the Gator Flop game in 1971. I am still disgusted to this day 😡. Can't stand those mofos.

Advertisement
2001 vs Syracuse - 59-0. A group of guys parachuted into the stadium to deliver the game ball. Unfortunately, upon landing, one of them broke their legs and delayed the start of the game.

Advertisement
Back