Your first UM game..

JR of High School 1995 VT vs Miami at VT I bought my ticket at there ticket office wile camping at their football camp.

Advertisement
UM vs FSU 1980. Bobby Bowden went for the two point conversion at the end of the game. Jim Burt knocked it down. We won 10-9, I believe. I think that was FSU’s only regular season loss until they played and lost vs OU in the Orange Bowl. I was hooked forevermore.

Advertisement
I was about 8 or 9 - my dad and uncle took all the kids. Late 90’s. At the Orange Bowl vs. Virginia Tech. We were in the nose bleeds and those glorious stands were shaking and swaying. All I remember is some drunk vets chanting “WHAT THE ****’S A HOKIE??!”

22-0 win over Nebraska in the Orange Bowl to finish the '91 season as national champs. I was in elementary school and went to the game with an uncle who is a UM alumnus and bought us tickets for Christmas. We lived in Kendall at that time and went to UM baseball games all the time but hadn't been to any football games until that one. Not a bad one to start with.

January 1, 1995, Miami vs Nebraska at the OB.

Frank Costa vs. Tommy Frazier
Dennis Erickson vs. Tom Osbourne

We were in the game till 4th qtr, then our defense was gassed.

Couple of years ago I wanna say 2016, at NC State. My cousin is a football alum and goes to almost every game. Drove down with my bro in law and we tailgated (2nd time doing that ever) with cuzzo and his friends before the game, and it was a blast. Watched Mark Walton run all over them boys for 3 TDs. Got to see Brad and AR do their thing.

My cousin was tight lol but he took it in stride, told me I'd have to pay for all future UM tickets from him lmbo! (he was joking) Met a few of his teammates and heard some wild bowl stories.

A trip down to Miami and Hard Rock is coming soon...may have to do it myself since nobody wants to roll with the kid lol...wanna see a UM/FSWho game before I leave this earth

Advertisement
Miami-Penn State 1999 in the OB! PSU 27 Canes 23. I remember my dad pushing me under the seats because everyone was throwing beer bottles from the top deck lol! What a time!

THAT WAS MINE TOO!!

I went to SEARS to get my ticket from Ticketmaster!!

I left that game feeling optimistic about the direction of the program because we had Penn State dead to rights...... until

Still had an awesome time!!

1990. Miami at San Diego State. Aztecs played tough with Dan McQuire at QB. Late game brawl. The Rok chase SDSU mascot into the stands.

#2 Miami 30, SDSU 28.

Advertisement
My first game was the Connor Barth FG game at UNC in 2004. I was in the UNC student section. Wasn’t a student but a friend who was got me an ID so I could watch the game for free. My late dad and little sister were in the stands across the field. I never saw them, couldn’t get over there. It was awful.

Went the the LSU peach bowl game that year too. Pure misery, except I did get to ride and sit with my dad and two other friends, who were brothers. There was a drunk Miami fan on the tram after the game who was singing the Auburn fight song, got the whole car to join in. Best part of the night. One year later my dad was dead and one of the brothers was in prison for manslaughter. They’re all still Canes though.

We didn’t win a single game I attended until App State a season ago. That was a lot of fun, seeing the crowd go explode when that safety lit Walton up, then go quiet as a used firework when he kept running. Any hope they had was a lie after that. Saw the Russel Wilson game at NC State, with the brother who didn’t go to jail. This time he was drunk, and I thought for sure we were going to die on their concrete bleachers as he picked multiple fights with the Wolfpack. He is large. I am not.

As you might have guessed, I can travel to ACC country easier than home games, though some day I hope to make one.
I was at the App State too Indy. That was the most fun I've had at a game in a long time and only had to drive about 70 miles to get there. I too an within a 3-5 hour drive of about 7 ACC teams. Blessing and a curse in that I can see away games often but it's difficult to get to home games.

September 17th, 2005 Miami at Clemson .. Canes in 3 OT .. Tyrone Moss was a monster that day

My first game too. Lived in Charleston SC my whole life and at 14 finally found someone who wanted to go to a canes game as much as I did. I didn’t care they were cheering for Clemson and made the ride home that much sweeter.

YES YES BROTHER 🙌🙌🙌

He was , I remember going to wrestling camps at SW coach Jim Husk HOF wrestling coach and watching JW wrestling WOW.

Thank you so much for your insight, I actually had JW practice with me as a young wide eye buck , great memories

THANK YOU AGAIN 🙌🙌🙌

GOCANES
Coach Husk built great teams at Curley, SW and Southridge

Advertisement
**** lots of you guys have way better moments than me. Mine was the 09 bowl game against Wisconsin. I atleast got drunk as **** with some Miami natives by the 3rd quarter.

1986. My wife and I were newlyweds and living in an apartment in Kendall. We took in the Canes-Noles game in the OB that year.

Vinnie at QB. Tight game to the end.

Of course we sat in the West End Zone.

Advertisement
Back