Your first UM game..

I remembered the opponents but had to look up the dates. First game - September 18, 1970 vs. William & Mary (win - 36-14). Second game - October 16, 1970, vs Tampa (loss - 14-31). We went 3-8 that year. I was 8 years old.

Advertisement
First game I went to was opener in 1968, but first hanger I remember was season opener in 1970 against William & Mary. Friday night football at the OB. Crowds were non-existent, and I remember walking into the press box with my brother because there was nobody there to stop us.
Yep, and the back of a Burger King receipt used to get you in free for those Friday night games

Advertisement
OSU VS MIAMI in kickoff classic in the Meadowlands, James Jackson carrying the rock.....

Santana had a few big plays in that one too.

We were 2-0 NJ.
The first Kickoff game was '84 where the 'Canes beat Bo Peep and #1 Auburn.

Last edited:
1980 Florida State Vs Miami at the OB. We won 10-9. My first taste of how crazy the OB could get.

Season Ticket Holder for both Dolphins and CANES!!

Everyone thought Jim Burt batted down the pass on that final 4th down play.
The pass hit him in the face mask!
Everyone knows Jim couldn't lift his arms above his shoulders.

1989 @ Pitt. I was 10 years old, and from what I can remember it was rainy, cold, and miserable but the Canes won big...it was 24-3 or 27-3, something like that. Domination.

Advertisement
I have played or coached football for 42 straight years now (I have never missed a practice). I played in 3 High school state championship ship games -
was a D1 college player - and have been a H.S. head football coach for 25 years now (4 State Championships) - I have coached 10 college QB's now (mostly small schools like NAIA size schools) - I have been really lucky to have worked with so many really good kids.
I think this life time of football all started for me in
1977 when we played Kansas. We crushed them 14-7. If I remember right it was Lou Sabans 1st year coaching. OJ Anderson packing the rock - he was like a GOD. Don Latimer was a DT and was unblockable that game. I was something like 12 years old - magical time.
I have always thought that afternoon ..... well it had a lot to do with how my life turned out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1991 West Virginia at Miami. Got tired of being in the Sooner nation and moved to South Beach in 89. Finally scored a ticket to a game at the OB. Got to stand by the tunnel when the players came out of the smoke. Can I just say I really appreciated the parking lot security team. Those guys were all over it.

Last edited:
you lost your cherry in Trailerhassee ? ****.

mine was in the OB in 1983 when the Canes beat 13th ranked Notre Douche 20-0 .. the shutout was icing on the cake.
I knew we had a connection... my first season tickets were for the 1983 season in the Howling Hurricanes section... then the next year I moved across (South) to row 32 isle seats on the 12 yardline... until 2004. However, I got tickets to the UF game in 79 and was invited to a OU/UM game in 75.

1993 vs. West Virginia in Morgantown. Late in the season #4 (UM) vs. #9, and WVU won 17-14. I was a teenager and my friend's Dad is a WVU alum, so he took us to the game. Disappointing that Miami lost, but was an awesome environment for my first game. Was the same day BC beat Notre Dame to knock them off.

Advertisement
Back