Your favorite uncle is back at it

Advertisement
@RVACane you of all people know how much I loved Sapp at UM....but in public..the epitome of a Douche...
It was ridiculous. Apparently he met Sapp and because he had a good interaction with him and Sapp was nice to him, everyone else’s interactions are invalid and/or don’t exist. Smh.

I mean since the name came up, I grew up on the Beach and knew Nevin. He’s been in my parents’ house like many kids. We were cool with each other. He was always nice to me. That doesn’t change the other things that went on with the Ponzi scheme and the bringing the program down stuff. Just because my dealings with him were fine, doesn’t mean he’s a swell fella in the bigger scheme of things.

It was ridiculous. Apparently he met Sapp and because he had a good interaction with him and Sapp was nice to him, everyone else’s interactions are invalid and/or don’t exist. Smh.

I mean since the name came up, I grew up on the Beach and knew Nevin. He’s been in my parents’ house like many kids. We were cool with each other. He was always nice to me. That doesn’t change the other things that went on with the Ponzi scheme and the bringing the program down stuff. Just because my dealings with him were fine, doesn’t mean he’s a swell fella in the bigger scheme of things.
If people saw how Sapp treated 2 young kids who saw him in a Publix, and were on their way to say Hi and possibly get an autograph, and the language he used towards them...they'd fully understand the scorn...or the time after a Bucs game...when fans were waiting outside Raymond James to congratulate the players on the Win, and get some autographs, and Sapp came outside and physically pushed people out of the way on his way to his car...while Mike Alstott stood and signed autographs for an hour....

Last edited:
If people saw how Sapp treated 2 young kids who saw him in a Publix, and were on their way to say HI, and possibly get an autograph, and the language he used towards them...they'd fully understand the scorn...or the time after a Bucs game...when fans were waiting outside Raymond James to congratulate the players on the Win, and get some autographs, and Sapp came outside and physically pushed people out of the way on his way to his car...while Mike Alstott stood and signed autographs for an hour....
i witnessed this at a fishing tournament. he is a complete Richard, rude, condescending and cruel, to be frank. i've seen him push kids away.

If people saw how Sapp treated 2 young kids who saw him in a Publix, and were on their way to say Hi and possibly get an autograph, and the language he used towards them...they'd fully understand the scorn...or the time after a Bucs game...when fans were waiting outside Raymond James to congratulate the players on the Win, and get some autographs, and Sapp came outside and physically pushed people out of the way on his way to his car...while Mike Alstott stood and signed autographs for an hour....
Happened to my sister. Saw him standing outside of Prime 112. He was not talking to anyone or doing anything, so she wasn't interrupting. She went to toss up the U and say go Canes on her way into the restaurant and he cursed her out.

Advertisement
If it's still affecting them today then yes they should be outraged and we should be outraged for them if we actually care about humanity.
But thats straddling the fence again. Its not a matter of what should be, its a matter of what is. All of these agendas that are out there today people so blindly accept and fight for. People need to learn the history of the world before they choose to become so passionate about a cause. Because quite often they fight for and from ignorance if they dont. You cant say someone is part of the problem if you ignore the greater problem in itself. Its not race relations when some dude from the city(color be damned) starts stomping through a trailer park. Its not race relations when some tatted up mexican moves into beverly hills. Its a simple thing that we as humans cant seem to comprehend bias is real and it comes from not being aware of opposing climates. Not saying whats right or not. But reality is this problem is nowhere near as prevelant in other countries because their educations arent as poor. Someone from the country their whole lives that has been around nothing but other like minded people has an issue with anyone that isnt of the same mindset. Thats not a color thing persay its an ignorance towards anyone whos not from the country as well who cant relate to hunting and making moonshine etc. Obviously color still plays a role. But its not as prevelant as people would like to make it seem. Just ask hispanics in la about any of the things they experience on a daily.

Mike is a good overall dude based on my interaction... when I was still in high school I worked for my buddies valet company and we were doing a private event at a mansion in Tampa and Mike shows up like 45 min late, huge jacked up F350 asked us to park his truck close because it was a paid event for him and he couldn't stay long, when he came out he saw we were eating pizza off to the side, asked for a slice, BS'd with us for about 15 min, then asked for his keys and refused to let us get his car then tipped us $100. He also had legit like 1 gallon ziplock bags worth of painkillers in his car, I know that dude has to still be hurting today, his body took some beatings. Was it him or Jerome Bettis who had like 5 carries, 1 yard and 3TDS lol

The conversation is not about you or me or any other person in this thread.
Is about the people that do make the decisions and if there's some bias in their hiring practices.
And no one can deny there are certain biases. A sport dominated by african amercians yet most of the coaches, owners, gm, athletic director are mainly white.
You don't see it as a problem that we as people feel the right to tell someone who they should hire for their company? Personally ive never wanted **** handed to me. I went out and earned everything i got. If we have to force someone into something they wouldnt have done on their own then theyre not gonna be able to hold onto that spot regardless. This constantly trying to force someone into a spot makes no sense to where law has been passed towards it that simply ignores everyone else that falls into the same exact category. Any business owner should simply want the best possible employees for them. Thats all that matters. Not forcing someones hand to pad numbers.

Advertisement
You don't see it as a problem that we as people feel the right to tell someone who they should hire for their company? Personally ive never wanted **** handed to me. I went out and earned everything i got. If we have to force someone into something they wouldnt have done on their own then theyre not gonna be able to hold onto that spot regardless. This constantly trying to force someone into a spot makes no sense to where law has been passed towards it that simply ignores everyone else that falls into the same exact category. Any business owner should simply want the best possible employees for them. Thats all that matters. Not forcing someones hand to pad numbers.

PREACH!

I remember that lil clown all too well. So blown out of proportion he made everything though. He was legit a grown *** midget groupie. He just wanted to hang out with everyone. Thats the reality of the situation with him is hed just try to constantly figure out ways to put himself around all of us... The story's that he came up with were 90% nonsense.

The conversation is not about you or me or any other person in this thread.
Is about the people that do make the decisions and if there's some bias in their hiring practices.
And no one can deny there are certain biases. A sport dominated by african amercians yet most of the coaches, owners, gm, athletic director are mainly white.

It is just a dangerous slope man. Do people have biases? of course. Are there still racists? of course.

But keeping this discussion in a vacuum of the sport, just because you play it, does not make you qualified to be a coach, owner, AD etc. Some of those "white guys" weren't athletic enough to play so they dedicated years a player was playing to coaching or doing whatever. Also, you are saying certain biases but those "white" owners and gms and coaches are the ones hiring players that as you mentioned are dominated by black people. I never liked the "rooney" rule because why force that on someone? Or why make someone the "token" just to fulfill some silly quota. I know businesses that have "diversity" models which call for a certain number of minorities. I dont want to get a job because I check a box over something I have no control over, I want to earn it. And what I meant by dangerous slope, you just mentioned how the sport is dominated by black people could you imagine in the NFL said a certain % of players on the team needed to be white, or latino to try and even the numbers?

I actually like Judge, an unkown who killed the interview and I like the sergeant type **** for an NFL coach. I love me some Judge

Al Golden "killed the interview", too...LOL.

Interviews are overrated...not saying that teams shouldn't interview, but interviews aren't the be all, end all.

Advertisement
Al Golden "killed the interview", too...LOL.

Interviews are overrated...not saying that teams shouldn't interview, but interviews aren't the be all, end all.
So far I like him and what I hear from practice. I liked what I saw draft wise and last year what he did in terms of effort.....those guys died for him on that field. I like Flores Judge they have that Belicheat in them. Giants I'm expecting 7-10 wins and one of the best secondary's in the league. They are still some pieces away but the practice stuff he does I love that ****...hold players accountable and if u puzzy gtfo.

And Golden didn't do what he said In His interview. So far this guy's interview is who he is it wasn't fluff.

Gotta love the irony in this. I dont need anyone preaching to me. Reality though is we all needed and made each other.
He’s thread banned and site banned for a week. We can reduce an infraction and release him if you all want more of the Cold-Hearted Killer?

But thats straddling the fence again. Its not a matter of what should be, its a matter of what is. All of these agendas that are out there today people so blindly accept and fight for. People need to learn the history of the world before they choose to become so passionate about a cause. Because quite often they fight for and from ignorance if they dont. You cant say someone is part of the problem if you ignore the greater problem in itself. Its not race relations when some dude from the city(color be damned) starts stomping through a trailer park. Its not race relations when some tatted up mexican moves into beverly hills. Its a simple thing that we as humans cant seem to comprehend bias is real and it comes from not being aware of opposing climates. Not saying whats right or not. But reality is this problem is nowhere near as prevelant in other countries because their educations arent as poor. Someone from the country their whole lives that has been around nothing but other like minded people has an issue with anyone that isnt of the same mindset. Thats not a color thing persay its an ignorance towards anyone whos not from the country as well who cant relate to hunting and making moonshine etc. Obviously color still plays a role. But its not as prevelant as people would like to make it seem. Just ask hispanics in la about any of the things they experience on a daily.

I dont see much of this " blindly accept and fight for" that you speak of. I see most people complaining about the "agendas" and wanting those who are on a soapbox to shut up and deal with it or want that specific group to "stop playing the victim"
Those that are fighting, that aren't a part of the issue, uusually have their minds changed from the testimonies they've heard that ended up hitting them in the feels.

This absolutely does happen in other countries and it usually is being unaware of different cultures.

That cant be said for America tho. America has a deep rooted history of flat out racism that ain't got shid to do with anything but hate.

It may not be as prevelant as it comes off but it's prevalent enough for 100s of thousands to have testimonies about it.

Like I said before, it'll continue to be an issue if people like yourself continue to ignore people's experiences and bend the narrative to support your own comfort.

If I hear an outcry of ****** people saying they aren't being treated with decency and respect, get unfairly treated by police and government? I'm not going to dismiss their experiences and tell them to shut up.

I'm going to be ****ed off with them and do whatever I can to make their lives better.

There is a lot of "cry wolf" nowadays and people want to yell prejudice and racism over anything that involves an unsatisfactory outcome with a different race.

I get that. It annoys me. It waters down the movement.

Even still... I won't go as far as dismissing any person or group of people.

I

Advertisement
I dont see much of this " blindly accept and fight for" that you speak of. I see most people complaining about the "agendas" and wanting those who are on a soapbox to shut up and deal with it or want that specific group to "stop playing the victim"
Those that are fighting, that aren't a part of the issue, uusually have their minds changed from the testimonies they've heard that ended up hitting them in the feels.

This absolutely does happen in other countries and it usually is being unaware of different cultures.

That cant be said for America tho. America has a deep rooted history of flat out racism that ain't got shid to do with anything but hate.

It may not be as prevelant as it comes off but it's prevalent enough for 100s of thousands to have testimonies about it.

Like I said before, it'll continue to be an issue if people like yourself continue to ignore people's experiences and bend the narrative to support your own comfort.

If I hear an outcry of ****** people saying they aren't being treated with decency and respect, get unfairly treated by police and government? I'm not going to dismiss their experiences and tell them to shut up.

I'm going to be ****ed off with them and do whatever I can to make their lives better.

There is a lot of "cry wolf" nowadays and people want to yell prejudice and racism over anything that involves an unsatisfactory outcome with a different race.

I get that. It annoys me. It waters down the movement.

Even still... I won't go as far as dismissing any person or group of people.

I
People like yourself??...ignore people's experiences??...Bend the narrative to support your own comfort??...You can't be serious??....You can't imagine his experiences growing up where he grew up....

People like yourself??...ignore people's experiences??...Bend the narrative to support your own comfort??...You can't be serious??....You can't imagine his experiences growing up where he grew up....
I'm not sure what you're even trying to say in this reply or what point you're trying to make.

How are you trying to act like I said something offensive? How are you giving a reaction to a post and conversation that has nothing to do with you?

Nevertheless, I will stick to conversing with the person I'm actually typing this response too.

You can @ me. I'll just ignore you, though.

Advertisement
Back