Your favorite uncle is back at it

Ok @Cold-hearted Cane , the Maude’s have conferred. Not really any agreement or disagreement but since this is a Luke thread, and because of your tremendous contributions- when you post, as well as your singing and dance moves, we’re freeing you with a trolling warning. No insults either please. Anyone.

Advertisement
Ok @Cold-hearted Cane , the Maude’s have conferred. Not really any agreement or disagreement but since this is a Luke thread, and because of your tremendous contributions- when you post, as well as your singing and dance moves, we’re freeing you with a trolling warning. No insults either please. Anyone.
2+Live+Crew+Banned+in+the+USA+-+Sealed+Lon-510006.jpg

Is Luke really defending Willie Taggart and Charlie Strong as head coaches? They were given the keys to Ferraris and they drove them nowhere.

Mike is a good overall dude based on my interaction... when I was still in high school I worked for my buddies valet company and we were doing a private event at a mansion in Tampa and Mike shows up like 45 min late, huge jacked up F350 asked us to park his truck close because it was a paid event for him and he couldn't stay long, when he came out he saw we were eating pizza off to the side, asked for a slice, BS'd with us for about 15 min, then asked for his keys and refused to let us get his car then tipped us $100. He also had legit like 1 gallon ziplock bags worth of painkillers in his car, I know that dude has to still be hurting today, his body took some beatings. Was it him or Jerome Bettis who had like 5 carries, 1 yard and 3TDS lol

I'm no Bucs fan, but Alstott was a beast.

Is Luke really defending Willie Taggart and Charlie Strong as head coaches? They were given the keys to Ferraris and they drove them nowhere.

FSU & Texas were Ferraris? You must not know what a Ferrari is. **** the programs they came from (Louisville & Oregon) were more sports cars than FSU & Texas.

Advertisement
It is just a dangerous slope man. Do people have biases? of course. Are there still racists? of course.

But keeping this discussion in a vacuum of the sport, just because you play it, does not make you qualified to be a coach, owner, AD etc. Some of those "white guys" weren't athletic enough to play so they dedicated years a player was playing to coaching or doing whatever. Also, you are saying certain biases but those "white" owners and gms and coaches are the ones hiring players that as you mentioned are dominated by black people. I never liked the "rooney" rule because why force that on someone? Or why make someone the "token" just to fulfill some silly quota. I know businesses that have "diversity" models which call for a certain number of minorities. I dont want to get a job because I check a box over something I have no control over, I want to earn it. And what I meant by dangerous slope, you just mentioned how the sport is dominated by black people could you imagine in the NFL said a certain % of players on the team needed to be white, or latino to try and even the numbers?

Silly Quota? Lol if it wasn't for the rooney rule it would be worst for minority coaches.
You act like every white coach, gm or athletic director is there because they earn it and worked hard for it as if minorities are too dumb or can't work hard to get a chance.
Look at Lane Kiffin for exhibit A.

Thought so...

Settle down, man. Sapp is from Central Florida, he is in the area frequently. I have heard MULTIPLE stories from people (both UM alums and Bucs fans, just doesn't matter) who have approached Sapp with nothing but admiration snd fandom, and he treats people like garbage. I would love nothing more than to say wonderful things about a fellow UM alum, but I've never heard of a "good" Warren Sapp encounter.

Advertisement
Silly Quota? Lol if it wasn't for the rooney rule it would be worst for minority coaches.
You act like every white coach, gm or athletic director is there because they earn it and worked hard for it as if minorities are too dumb or can't work hard to get a chance.
Look at Lane Kiffin for exhibit A.
Lane kiffin’s a good recruiter. He’s not the best example of what you’re trying to demonstrate. Better examples are the retread failures in the NFL who keep getting recycled. I get why there are quotas as they’re driven by a desire to correct injustices but I never liked or agreed with them philosophically as to how they do that.

Settle down, man. Sapp is from Central Florida, he is in the area frequently. I have heard MULTIPLE stories from people (both UM alums and Bucs fans, just doesn't matter) who have approached Sapp with nothing but admiration snd fandom, and he treats people like garbage. I would love nothing more than to say wonderful things about a fellow UM alum, but I've never heard of a "good" Warren Sapp encounter.
He met Sapp and Sapp was nice to him so everyone else is either wrong or is just making it up.

Like I said, Luke only threatened to go to the NCAA dam near 30 years ago. Nevin DID go to the NCAA 10 years ago. We were lucky to get what was basically a slap on the wrist. How many schollys did Luke ever cost us again?

That last sentence is one of the most ignorant things I've ever read in my life.

Read the NCAA report from our mid-90s probation. Uncle Luke ABSOLUTELY contributed to Miami's loss of scholarships. READ THE REPORT.

Advertisement
That last sentence is one of the most ignorant things I've ever read in my life.

Read the NCAA report from our mid-90s probation. Uncle Luke ABSOLUTELY contributed to Miami's loss of scholarships. READ THE REPORT.
I was gonna respond to what you responded to, but I wasn't even gonna waste my breath...

Lane kiffin’s a good recruiter. He’s not the best example of what you’re trying to demonstrate. Better examples are the retread failures in the NFL who keep getting recycled. I get why there are quotas as they’re driven by a desire to correct injustices but I never liked or agreed with them philosophically as to how they do that.

Kiffin keeps getting opportunities after opportunities even after failing continously.
Randy Shannon is a good recruiter also and haven't sniffed another head coaching job.

Kiffin keeps getting opportunities after opportunities even after failing continously.
Randy Shannon is a good recruiter also and haven't sniffed another head coaching job.
Kiffin>>Radio

Lane went down to FAU, did well and then got the Ole Miss job and he’s doing a good job with Corral. Just saying that he’s not the best example of all the options out there for you to pick as the example, particularly with what you can pick out on the NFL side.

And hiring based on race, whether well-intended or the opposite, is bad business.

Advertisement
Kiffin>>Radio

Lane went down to FAU, did well and then got the Ole Miss job and he’s doing a good job with Corral. Just saying that he’s not the best example of all the options out there for you to pick as the example, particularly with what you can pick out on the NFL side.

And hiring based on race, whether well-intended or the opposite, is bad business.

Exactly. Randy could 100% go be a HC at a FAU type school. Just like Willie Taggart. He did well as USF, went to Oregon, really did nothing, got the FSU job, bombed miserably, and now had to take a step down from big boy football to FAU. There are examples and exceptions on each side.

Kiffin>>Radio

In fairness, though, that's probably the first time that Kiffin was ACCURATELY hired/promoted on merit. Nearly every other job-change began and/or ended disastrously. The fact that Kiffin is FINALLY turning the corner doesn't change the fact that he burned through a bunch of other jobs first. Randy just f****d up one job, and he seems to have performed well as a DC since. At multiple stops, without a promotion to HC.

And who knows, maybe Randy would be a disaster in his second chance as a HC. Who knows. But the perceptions of who gets a fifteenth chance...are not completely off-base.

Exactly. Randy could 100% go be a HC at a FAU type school. Just like Willie Taggart. He did well as USF, went to Oregon, really did nothing, got the FSU job, bombed miserably, and now had to take a step down from big boy football to FAU. There are examples and exceptions on each side.
Absolutely no way that Taggart gets run out of FSU before the end of year two if he is white, IMO.

In fairness, though, that's probably the first time that Kiffin was ACCURATELY hired/promoted on merit. Nearly every other job-change began and/or ended disastrously. The fact that Kiffin is FINALLY turning the corner doesn't change the fact that he burned through a bunch of other jobs first. Randy just f****d up one job, and he seems to have performed well as a DC since. At multiple stops, without a promotion to HC.

And who knows, maybe Randy would be a disaster in his second chance as a HC. Who knows. But the perceptions of who gets a fifteenth chance...are not completely off-base.
I don’t disagree on some of the retreads that get 15 chances and associated issues but Kiffin isn’t the guy I’d make the poster child for that campaign. FWIW, I’m not sure Shannon’s recruiting is considered anything above average. How many times have we seen them refer to low star gems as “Randy Specials” on the gaytor board?

Advertisement
Back