Young, Owens, Mccray

Advertisement
Excited about the backers. I want to see Figs take a starting role this season...that is a violent ****.

Weight is a point of enphasis when u have linebackers coming in at 205 210. But if u have them coming in like this at 230-240 then u dont have to put an emphasis on weight gain

Advertisement
I wish weight weren't such a point of emphasis and badge of honor for our defenders.

SoFla is BY FAR the nation's #1 area for fast, super aggressive, maybe-not-the-brightest, almost always undersized defensive football player, while football intelligence and size/strength/length are the things we seem to value most. It is so facking frustrating.

I wish weight weren't such a point of emphasis and badge of honor for our defenders.

This. Telvin Smith was a 215lb senior and he was a f'in beast.

Webster, Vilma, Lewis, etc played a lot of there career here at 220LBs or less. Speed > Weight.

Advertisement
Crazy how this board flip flops. First everyone was excited about running a 3-4 but after this season everyone's certain it can't work and wants to move back to the 4-3. Everyone was saying for years our strength and conditioning was pathetic and was ecstatic, fapping to themselves when the lbs came in at 240. Now everyone's back to wanted undersized 215-220 LB dudes. We've had it both ways. The problem is our linebackers were not talented at any possible weight and we haven't had interiors lines that can protect them for several years.

Crazy how this board flip flops. First everyone was excited about running a 3-4 but after this season everyone's certain it can't work and wants to move back to the 4-3. Everyone was saying for years our strength and conditioning was pathetic and was ecstatic, fapping to themselves when the lbs came in at 240. Now everyone's back to wanted undersized 215-220 LB dudes. We've had it both ways. The problem is our linebackers were not talented at any possible weight and we haven't had interiors lines that can protect them for several years.

****** repped...will rep again

Advertisement

Can't speak for others. I don't care so much about a 3-4 or a 4-3. It doesn't matter as much as what we ask them to do within a particular formation. I've never wanted to focus on 240 pound LBs because they're not exactly in top supply. I'd like to focus on aggression. I'd like to focus on speed. I'd like to focus on what we, ironically, have a lot of access to. Then, I'd like to place those guys in a system that allows them to play as fast as they are. That could be a 3-4. That could be a 4-3. Then, we can decide what we want to do behind those guys. Maybe it's Cover 1 and 3. Maybe it's Cover 2. Maybe it's Man-Under with 2 Safeties Deep at times.

There are countless ways to skin a cat.

Advertisement

not everyone was excited about the 3-4.... A lot of people had their complaints. The majority of people just wanted to see improvement on the defensive side. It didn't matter to them what we ran

Owens is going to be one of our best ever. Been saying this for a long time and I'll keep reminding you guys :D

not everyone was excited about the 3-4.... A lot of people had their complaints. The majority of people just wanted to see improvement on the defensive side. It didn't matter to them what we ran
They improved up to 90th in total Def.

SoFla is BY FAR the nation's #1 area for fast, super aggressive, maybe-not-the-brightest, almost always undersized defensive football player, while football intelligence and size/strength/length are the things we seem to value most. It is so facking frustrating.

Disagree with the part about football intelligence. South Florida kids may not have the most sophisticated coaches, but they are often savvy as **** from playing at such a high level since youth football. That's one of the reasons they always play early.

Advertisement
Back