Young, Owens, Mccray

canes41590

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Golden on 560 just said they weigh 240, 235, and 228...those are some big linebackers already

Advertisement
Golden essentially saying all the good guys are left on D, all the ****** guys gone.

Advertisement
In Golden we trust. With the influx of talent the D has to improve; especially if Al becomes the DeFacto. DC.

I wish weight weren't such a point of emphasis and badge of honor for our defenders.

Don't think any of these guys are slow... Young is a missile.

Advertisement
I love the fact we finally have LB's that are coming in at actual Linebacker size as Freshman.

Having guys who are LB/Safety hybrids & LB's coming in at 205/210 that we have to pump up for a year or two before they can play has been hurting us.

Big, slow, and cumbersome. I love that. Has worked really well for us.

You seen any of these dudes tape?

Don't think cumbersome is the word that most describes them.

Violent? Explosive? Angry?

I think those are better words to describe those three

I love the fact we finally have LB's that are coming in at actual Linebacker size as Freshman.

Having guys who are LB/Safety hybrids & LB's coming in at 205/210 that we have to pump up for a year or two before they can play has been hurting us.

Those numbers are inflated. Lack of talent and development has hurt us. Telvin Smith's skinny *** would've done just fine here.

Advertisement

Those numbers are inflated. Lack of talent and development has hurt us. Telvin Smith's skinny *** would've done just fine here.

And you know those numbers are inflated because...?

You must have been there with Golden when they weighed them when they arrived at Miami.

I wish weight weren't such a point of emphasis and badge of honor for our defenders.

Ask bama about huge lbs that can run and cover. Our Undersized speed lbs can not hold up against modern day football.

Advertisement

Yep. Not sure why weight is such a huge issue. Not a fan of asking Florida athletes to negate one of their advantages.

Big and Fast is obviously better than Small and Fast.

You think Jerome McDougle and Sean Taylor and Andre Johnson and DJ Williams and Willis McGahee were teeny guys?

**** Naw. All them dudes were HUGE and were also fast as ****.

And you know those numbers are inflated because...?

You must have been there with Golden when they weighed them when they arrived at Miami.

So how big do you think Juwon Young is gonna get? He is 240 as a college freshman? Is he gonna leave here as Lavon Kirkland? Golden always rounds up.

Amen to this, I'll take a bunch of 200 lb kids that make plays. We are woefully void of playmakers, particularly on D

Advertisement
Back