Young linebackers

Advertisement
Nothing about that front 7 looks great. But I will say Manny’s scheme makes his D not depend totally on elite talent at every position. Unlike the O.
This is where we will see how good Rumph, Simpson, and Banda are at developing players.

The only way that Shaq, Joe Jackson, Pinckney, and McCloud (I can't believe I typed his name) are drafted in the first 3 rounds is on potential because they played a position of need on a Power 5 team. None of those guys had outstanding years. They need to come back and play good to great on a defense that should be tops in the ACC next year.

Advertisement
This is where we will see how good Rumph, Simpson, and Banda are at developing players.
I’ve already seen it, our dline doesn’t consistently get in the backfield in terms of Pass rush(not as much as we should) yet the dbs more often than not hold their own

Assuming for a moment that 99, 55 and 56 make the ill-advised decision to turn pro:

DE Patchan / Joyner / Harvey
DT Bethel / Silvera / Martin
DT Ford / Miller / Blissett
DE Garvin / Rousseau / Williams

LB Finley / Wilder / Huff
LB Jennings / Steed
LB McCloud / Brooks / Solomon

CB Bandy / Blades / Brownlee
CB Ivey / Bethel / Couch
SS Carter / Frierson / K. Smith
FS D. Smith / Hall / Knowles
Give me Silvera over Ford at DT i think nesta is gonna have a big season next year

I expect all LBs to return

Would be huge if they came back.

1 more year to refine their play and I think we could see them start to show the potentially we all thought they had

Not to mention it would let the guys behind them mature for 1 more year (Steed, Jennings, Wilder, etc.)

Advertisement
If McIntosh and Norton leaving early and not getting drafted until rounds 5 & 7 isn't enough evidence, then hopefully Clemson's 3 draft-eligible linemen who returned in 2018 provides even more reason for him to stay put. He can be the 2019 Nick Bosa.

I wish we could have Willis for one more year. I'm worried af about our defensive tackle situation. If all 3 LB's and Joe Jack return, we could be up to something special.

tFdO5ET.gif
Not worried:

Pinckney has "off the field issues"
Quarterman isn't an idiot, loves it here, and knows he'd benefit greatly from one more year.
Finley has some decent tape but his numbers aren't great.
McCloud has been solid n 2018.
Steed, Jennings, Wilder all entering year 3 in 2019.
”McCloud has been solid”. LMFAO !!!

Advertisement
Shaq has been awesome the last few weeks. I see him going early although it may be a mistake. I don't think he will test well speed wise. Pinkney has no business declaring early.

Actually Pinckney beasted out versus GT. He made huge TD saving tackles. He has the highest ceiling of the 3. His work ethic is the question. I will repeat, we need all of them and JJ to think about the program and stay. They will all benefit from another year and the program will surely benefit.

Assuming for a moment that 99, 55 and 56 make the ill-advised decision to turn pro:

DE Patchan / Joyner / Harvey
DT Bethel / Silvera / Martin
DT Ford / Miller / Blissett
DE Garvin / Rousseau / Williams

LB Finley / Wilder / Huff
LB Jennings / Steed
LB McCloud / Brooks / Solomon

CB Bandy / Blades / Brownlee
CB Ivey / Bethel / Couch
SS Carter / Frierson / K. Smith
FS D. Smith / Hall / Knowles
That is a mediocre front 7

Advertisement
It’s not alot of talk about our young backers. I’m slightly worried about 55 and 56 leaving to the NFL. Who would replace those guys and are they ready?

LoL, the defensive scheme alone is perfect to allow young guys to come in and do what they do best, not sure why you worried about the defense!

Advertisement
Back