Young linebackers

Advertisement
Shaq has been awesome the last few weeks. I see him going early although it may be a mistake. I don't think he will test well speed wise. Pinkney has no business declaring early.

Advertisement
Won't know till the bullets are live.

If both of them leave, that would be a really tough situation. Bradley Jennings is the replacement at mlb. And really the only outside backer to plug in would be Steed. Wilder had a neck issue earlier this year and I don't believe he's played, that is a very tricky situation and if he misses the entire year, is this possibly a career threatening thing?

There's 8 scholarship LBs on the roster. We know 2 are for sure gone (McCray, Smith). If 55 and 56 both bolt, that leaves 4 left, and one is the aforementioned Wilder, who is very much up in the air. McCloud, Jennings, Steed would be the likely starters, with only true freshmen backups. Far less than ideal. Much like Norton and McIntosh last year, those 2 kids coming back is really vital for the success of the defense next year.

Advertisement
It’s not alot of talk about our young backers. I’m slightly worried about 55 and 56 leaving to the NFL. Who would replace those guys and are they ready?
Good thing we have Manny AND Patke as LB coaches

Advertisement
Advertisement
Something I've been worrying about for some time.

Best case scenario is only 56 leaves. Hopefully McCloud FINALLY develops and or Steed, Jennings, or Wilder can give us a spark at OLB.

No one on this team should leave early, even JJack. Willis should be proof that staying the extra year provides significant benefit. NFL doesn't have patience to wait for you to develop.
Joe just needs professional coaching imo. Think he'll produce right away in the NFL.

As of a few weeks ago (TIFWIW), Joe Jack and Pinckney were planning on leaving early. Shaq was leaning on coming back. Things can and will likely change.

Advertisement
Back