You think Miami has been bad at recruiting in state talent?

I played against about 5 of those guys on that list
And out of that list only about 8 or so were known prospects
Josh Harvey clemson valdosta(every body knew about him) kicked out of uga
Carl Lawson-5star - wasn't that interested in uga
Alvin kamara(norcoss) never was interested in uga- originally signed with Alabama
Brendan Langley(kell)signed with uga- he left
Wayne gallman(Grayson) he committed to clemson originally as a package deal to get nkemdiche but he flipped and they kept him. He was a legit prospect
Evan engram- wasn't a big name prospect coming out under the radar

Watson and Herndon were very known prospects. What HS did you play for?

Advertisement
I played against about 5 of those guys on that list
And out of that list only about 8 or so were known prospects
Josh Harvey clemson valdosta(every body knew about him) kicked out of uga
Carl Lawson-5star - wasn't that interested in uga
Alvin kamara(norcoss) never was interested in uga- originally signed with Alabama
Brendan Langley(kell)signed with uga- he left
Wayne gallman(Grayson) he committed to clemson originally as a package deal to get nkemdiche but he flipped and they kept him. He was a legit prospect
Evan engram- wasn't a big name prospect coming out under the radar

Watson and Herndon were very known prospects. What HS did you play for?

Forgot to put them on there. Was mostly naming kids that were just drafted. Lovejoy

634f9683a1b677affdf95e440ec2b9dc.png

Advertisement
Difference is the next closest P5 school to SFl is about a 9 hour drive from UM, and none of them are comparable in terms of livability (major city, beaches, likely have family and friends nearby). With UGA, you are basically going to get the exact same experience at Bama, Auburn, or UF so there isn't really a compelling reason to go to UGA over the other SEC schools. The one oddity is the non SEC school in the area, GTech - a great academic school with a relatively successful football program in a major city. That's not very common in college football. I think they could be a legitimate recruiting threat one day but we are lucky they love that triple option and Paul Johnson,which will keep them sucking for years.

south florida is WAYYYYY more harder to recruit than the state of Georgia by far. Regardless of distance...south florida is the most heavily recruited area in the u.s. The state has 2 other schools IN STATE that have won recent championships....Richt recruiting at the end at uga was shabby and he got fired

Difference is the next closest P5 school to SFl is about a 9 hour drive from UM, and none of them are comparable in terms of livability (major city, beaches, likely have family and friends nearby). With UGA, you are basically going to get the exact same experience at Bama, Auburn, or UF so there isn't really a compelling reason to go to UGA over the other SEC schools. The one oddity is the non SEC school in the area, GTech - a great academic school with a relatively successful football program in a major city. That's not very common in college football. I think they could be a legitimate recruiting threat one day but we are lucky they love that triple option and Paul Johnson,which will keep them sucking for years.

south florida is WAYYYYY more harder to recruit than the state of Georgia by far. Regardless of distance...south florida is the most heavily recruited area in the u.s. The state has 2 other schools IN STATE that have won recent championships....Richt recruiting at the end at uga was shabby and he got fired
See the post above just from metro Atlanta alone
Tennessee
Auburn
Alabama
Clemson
South Carolina
Are all closer to Atlanta than uf is to south Florida and it's not really close
And it's debatable because the sec widely known overall as the top conference for the last decade most prospects that go to the sec are from the state of ga. I know Multiple ga prospects that have went to lsu and ole miss too which is further away than the schools above

Last edited:

Tennessee
Auburn
Alabama
Clemson
South Carolina
And it's debatable because the sec widely known overall as the top conference for the last decade most prospects that go to the sec are from the state of ga. I know Multiple ga prospects that have went to lsu and ole miss too which is further away than the schools above

They could be closer than that....but schools like tn, auburn, south Carolina are a blip in the grand scheme of football history. **** Clemson is a RECENT success...

UM competes against UF and FSU for the most part..And the REST of the country. Add to it UGA IS the top dog by FAR in state. This was my knock on Richt..the infrastructure in GA is totally different than it is here in florida. They have coaches , boosters, parents that are alumni of uga and feed them kids to school...GA TECH is NOT a threat at all.

Advertisement

Tennessee
Auburn
Alabama
Clemson
South Carolina

They could be closer than that....but schools like tn, auburn, south Carolina are a blip in the grand scheme of football history. **** Clemson is a RECENT success...

UM competes against UF and FSU for the most part..And the REST of the country. Add to it UGA IS the top dog by FAR in state. This was my knock on Richt..the infrastructure in GA is totally different than it is here in florida. They have coaches , boosters, parents that are alumni of uga and feed them kids to school...GA TECH is NOT a threat at all.
They are top dog out of the in state teams no doubt but these kids don't have loyalty to uga either. In fact some of these kids are closer to the out of state schools than they are to Athens. And this ain't an opinion I know several of top players that just got drafted and who are on some of these teams... And the rest of the country recruit ga too...... I guarantee you each of those teams have more georgia kids on their roster than Florida kids ESPECIALLY Bama, clemson, South Carolina and auburn...
And FYI South Carolina has a ga pipeline actually just like auburn and clemson.. many ga kids goes to those schools yearly

Last edited:
[TWEET]854330443629572097[/TWEET]

Florida has about 21 million people- had 27 players drafted this year
Ga has 10.5 million approximately- had 29 players drafted and has the most sec players out of any state

Last edited:
HS players in GA don't view UGA any different then they do other SEC schools. UGA's issue has always been this, and while overall Richt did pretty well, he wasn't able to fix the issue.

Advertisement
HS players in GA don't view UGA any different then they do other SEC schools. UGA's issue has always been this, and while overall Richt did pretty well, he wasn't able to fix the issue.

Trying to tell them... Kirby did very well last cycle but he's off to horrendous start his year with 10 of the top 20 players in Georgia already committed to out of state schools. With more most likely going out of state. The 2019 class, a lot of those guys are looking to go out of state right now too

Advertisement

Trying to tell them... Kirby did very well last cycle but he's off to horrendous start his year with 10 of the top 20 players in Georgia already committed to out of state schools. With more most likely going out of state. The 2019 class, a lot of those guys are looking to go out of state right now too

Kirby is going to get himself fired

Kirby is going to get himself fired
Yeah I don't know what is in the water right now but they cleaned up the state last cycle so I'm surprised with what is going on with their recruiting

Tennessee
Auburn
Alabama
Clemson
South Carolina

You are right with most of your assessment, but one minor detail to point out is GA High Schools have a lot of out of state head coaches. The pay in GA is pretty good, so coaches from other states tend to migrate to states like GA. The state will have over 20 head HS coaches making over 100k this coming year, and that is public schools only.

Are we speaking about the Georgia that was one of the worst in paying it's staff? **** they are, like us, one of the last to get an indoor facility! The guy was fighting an up hill battle against the administration, recently. He has an open book with us and he is recruiting our area to a T. He knows where he needs to be, get focusing on the kids.

Advertisement
Back