You think Miami has been bad at recruiting in state talent?

Here is a list of players that went to high school in GA and got drafted. You will noticed one college missing from the list.

112Deshaun WatsonQBGainesvilleClemsonTexans
121Jarrad DavisILBCamden CountyFloridaLions
123Evan EngramTEHillgroveMississippiGiants
244Gerald EverettTEColumbiaSouth AlabamaRams
254Raekwon McMillanILBLiberty CountyOhio StateDolphins
255Dalvin TomlinsonDLHenry CountyAlabamaGiants
367Alvin KamaraRBNorcrossTennesseeSaints
385Antonio GarciaOTDrewTroyPatriots
393Montravius AdamsDLDooly CountyAuburnPackers
394Cameron SuttonCBJonesboroTennesseeSteelers
3101Brendan LangleyCBKellLamarBroncos
4116Carl LawsonDEMiltonAuburnBengals
4135Joshua DobbsQBAlpharettaTennesseeSteelers
4140Wayne GallmanRBGraysonClemsonGiants
4144Grover StewartDTMitchell CountyAlbany StateColts
5175Deangelo YanceyWRMaysPurduePackers
5183Ukeme EligweILBStone MountainGeortgia SouthernChiefs
6192Alexander ArmahDLDaculaWest GeorgiaPanthers
6205Jeremiah LedbetterDEGainesvilleArkansasLions
6209Robert DavisWRNorthside-W.R.Georgia StateRedskins
6212Kofi AmichiaOTMceachernSouth FloridaPackers
6217Corey LevinOGDaculaChattanoogaTitans
7222Jalen MyrickCBSavannah Christ.MinnesotaJaguars
7225Isaac RochellDLELCANotre DameChargers
7230Josh Harvey-ClemonsSLowndesLouisvilleRedskins
7233Harrison ButkerKWestminsterGeorgia TechPanthers
7235Josh HolseyCBCreeksideAuburnRedskins
7240Marquez WilliamsFBClarke CentralMiamiJaguars
7249Chris CarsonRBParkviewOklahoma StateSeahawks

LOL at this thread for somehow turning to suggest Richt did not do a good job of recruiting because of this draft class.

How bout somebody post the schools with best avg class rankings over Richt's career at Georgia so we can end this part of the discussion.

Also are we now saying that Ga has the best talent in the country?

One thing for sure is these are oddities and nothing else.

It really isn't that hard to understand the discussion. The NFL draft recently happened thus we discuss who get drafted and from where. We could compare this draft with signing day 4 years ago if you want to tie in recruiting classes. Either way UGA had one player drafted, so it would not paint a positive picture on Richt. Now I didn't say GA was more talented (in fact I have never said that), I've just pointed out facts. Georgia lead all states in NFL Draftees this year, and the University of Georgia did not have one of those players either sign or continue on. Bottom line is Richt went 0 for 29 on these kids. All that being said he is doing a good job so far at UM (we will see how the players pan out), so perhaps we can discuss how his recruiting strategy might have changed since his time at UGA. I will let you kick off the discussion.

Advertisement
Here is a list of players that went to high school in GA and got drafted. You will noticed one college missing from the list.

112Deshaun WatsonQBGainesvilleClemsonTexans
121Jarrad DavisILBCamden CountyFloridaLions
123Evan EngramTEHillgroveMississippiGiants
244Gerald EverettTEColumbiaSouth AlabamaRams
254Raekwon McMillanILBLiberty CountyOhio StateDolphins
255Dalvin TomlinsonDLHenry CountyAlabamaGiants
367Alvin KamaraRBNorcrossTennesseeSaints
385Antonio GarciaOTDrewTroyPatriots
393Montravius AdamsDLDooly CountyAuburnPackers
394Cameron SuttonCBJonesboroTennesseeSteelers
3101Brendan LangleyCBKellLamarBroncos
4116Carl LawsonDEMiltonAuburnBengals
4135Joshua DobbsQBAlpharettaTennesseeSteelers
4140Wayne GallmanRBGraysonClemsonGiants
4144Grover StewartDTMitchell CountyAlbany StateColts
5175Deangelo YanceyWRMaysPurduePackers
5183Ukeme EligweILBStone MountainGeortgia SouthernChiefs
6192Alexander ArmahDLDaculaWest GeorgiaPanthers
6205Jeremiah LedbetterDEGainesvilleArkansasLions
6209Robert DavisWRNorthside-W.R.Georgia StateRedskins
6212Kofi AmichiaOTMceachernSouth FloridaPackers
6217Corey LevinOGDaculaChattanoogaTitans
7222Jalen MyrickCBSavannah Christ.MinnesotaJaguars
7225Isaac RochellDLELCANotre DameChargers
7230Josh Harvey-ClemonsSLowndesLouisvilleRedskins
7233Harrison ButkerKWestminsterGeorgia TechPanthers
7235Josh HolseyCBCreeksideAuburnRedskins
7240Marquez WilliamsFBClarke CentralMiamiJaguars
7249Chris CarsonRBParkviewOklahoma StateSeahawks

LOL at this thread for somehow turning to suggest Richt did not do a good job of recruiting because of this draft class.

How bout somebody post the schools with best avg class rankings over Richt's career at Georgia so we can end this part of the discussion.

It really isn't that hard to understand the discussion. The NFL draft recently happened thus we discuss who get drafted and from where. We could compare this draft with signing day 4 years ago if you want to tie in recruiting classes. Either way UGA had one player drafted, so it would not paint a positive picture on Richt. Now I didn't say GA was more talented (in fact I have never said that), I've just pointed out facts. Georgia lead all states in NFL Draftees this year, and the University of Georgia did not have one of those players either sign or continue on. Bottom line is Richt went 0 for 29 on these kids. All that being said he is doing a good job so far at UM (we will see how the players pan out), so perhaps we can discuss how his recruiting strategy might have changed since his time at UGA. I will let you kick off the discussion.

I gave reasons for it in another poster a few pages back. Not all of these prospects were THAT known and no one thought they would blow up like that. Some were and he missed on a few of them. It's all meaningless, was it a bad year for that uga class by richt? Yeah probably but regardless this is an anomaly considering the caliber of talent richt put into the league at uga. Top 5 evaluator of NFL talent in college coaching right now

Another oddity I read, but unrelated to this thread title is not 1 single high school player from Florida was selected in the first round.

Well Dalvin Cook would have if not for character issues. Love him or hate him he's a top 5 talent.

Gtfoh with that **** he was good no doubt but y'all undercover Florida state fans suck dalvin off to much

So he said Calvin cook is real good? So what its the truth deal with it....I hate the dude cuz he went to fsu but real **** is real ****. Like I can say deon is good doesn't make me an FSU fan its just the truth

I said he was good ️ That's without a doubt top five talent no there was clearly players better regardless of injury or character issues they would've taken him that was my reasoning for saying he is sucking him off for giving to much credit to a player yes he is very good in my opinion the only reason Florida state has beaten us the past three times but he's not some Adrian Peterson he'll imo duke was Better then him

WHHHAAAAT?

u foreal?

come on man duke is not better than a healthy Cook every1 knows this. chill man

Well Dalvin Cook would have if not for character issues. Love him or hate him he's a top 5 talent.

Gtfoh with that **** he was good no doubt but y'all undercover Florida state fans suck dalvin off to much

So he said Calvin cook is real good? So what its the truth deal with it....I hate the dude cuz he went to fsu but real **** is real ****. Like I can say deon is good doesn't make me an FSU fan its just the truth

I said he was good ��️ That's without a doubt top five talent no there was clearly players better regardless of injury or character issues they would've taken him that was my reasoning for saying he is sucking him off for giving to much credit to a player yes he is very good in my opinion the only reason Florida state has beaten us the past three times but he's not some Adrian Peterson he'll imo duke was Better then him

WHHHAAAAT?

u foreal?

Man y'all smoking dope bro this man is a legend during al golden years any other time and y'all would've seen how much better he is truly y'all say cooks better when he had the clear advantage of coaching and talent along with a qb who's worth a **** y'all continue to act like this man is so awesome but fail to acknowledge the clear advantage he and *** state have had with the absolute worst coaching staff in our history the past ten years and they barely escaped with mark denotity as our coach sorry but call me unimpressed by him dominating our cupcake defense and duke being held back by our mediocre oline who could never give this man a legit push in big games and caused him serious injuries but hey I'm delusional

I said he was good ��️ That's without a doubt top five talent no there was clearly players better regardless of injury or character issues they would've taken him that was my reasoning for saying he is sucking him off for giving to much credit to a player yes he is very good in my opinion the only reason Florida state has beaten us the past three times but he's not some Adrian Peterson he'll imo duke was Better then him

WHHHAAAAT?

u foreal?

Man y'all smoking dope bro this man is a legend during al golden years any other time and y'all would've seen how much better he is truly y'all say cooks better when he had the clear advantage of coaching and talent along with a qb who's worth a **** y'all continue to act like this man is so awesome but fail to acknowledge the clear advantage he and *** state have had with the absolute worst coaching staff in our history the past ten years and they barely escaped with mark denotity as our coach sorry but call me unimpressed by him dominating our cupcake defense and duke being held back by our mediocre oline who could never give this man a legit push in big games and caused him serious injuries but hey I'm delusional

dog duke is getting pro nfl coaching now......i mean its cleveland but still. RB is the least position u need coaching at its why DJ dallas is going to learn that last like MR said. Cook is abetter prospect period man take the glasses off.....if Cook was in orange and green u would think different. That man carried his team 3 years vs us without him AG prolly stil here. please chime in anyone [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] [MENTION=356]JHallCanes[/MENTION] [MENTION=7366]Cane Dynasty[/MENTION] @anybody

Advertisement
Advertisement

... and and even bigger LOL at the OP for taking one year out of context, in a 20+ year history of coaching and recruiting, to define him as being a poor recruiter.

Yes one very bad year no doubt, especially when employing 2020 hindsight, but without the context of his entire recruiting history and player performance, it means absolutely nothing other than it was one very bad year. That's all you can say.

So the question remains, what the **** was the fūcking point?

WHHHAAAAT?

u foreal?

dog duke is getting pro nfl coaching now......i mean its cleveland but still. RB is the least position u need coaching at its why DJ dallas is going to learn that last like MR said. Cook is abetter prospect period man take the glasses off.....if Cook was in orange and green u would think different. That man carried his team 3 years vs us without him AG prolly stil here. please chime in anyone [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] [MENTION=356]JHallCanes[/MENTION] [MENTION=7366]Cane Dynasty[/MENTION] @anybody

I hate Cuck but I'm with Dwins. The dude's a top talent. He turned on the hometown team and did so with venom. I've got no love for him and have nothing nice to wish him going forward.

WHHHAAAAT?

u foreal?

I hate Cuck but I'm with Dwins. The dude's a top talent. He turned on the hometown team and did so with venom. I've got no love for him and have nothing nice to wish him going forward.

Bro dalvin is not better then duke he had completely different circumstances and also better personnel both coaching and player wise at least along the offensive front I'm sorry but I'll never say dalvin is some elite talent like he's fournette or gurley or Peterson he'll mixon was better the guys got elite quickness and very good explosiveness but he's not gonna set the NFL on fire they're going to light him up and with how bimbo fisher ran him into the ground he's got a lot of miles on him and he's injury prone so we'll see how good he does with a ****** oline and Sam Bradford throwing the game away

Advertisement
WHHHAAAAT?

u foreal?

Bro dalvin is not better then duke he had completely different circumstances and also better personnel both coaching and player wise at least along the offensive front I'm sorry but I'll never say dalvin is some elite talent like he's fournette or gurley or Peterson he'll mixon was better the guys got elite quickness and very good explosiveness but he's not gonna set the NFL on fire they're going to light him up and with how bimbo fisher ran him into the ground he's got a lot of miles on him and he's injury prone so we'll see how good he does with a ****ty oline and Sam Bradford throwing the game away

lol this cat wylin i hate cook but hes an elite level rusher duke doesnt have that burst that cook has u give cook a seem hes gone

coley diggs...........u trippin cook is a better prospect at rb than duke end of story even if u dislike him or hate him watch the film.

Last edited:

WHHHAAAAT?

u foreal?

i dont like cuck either but i know what my eyes see that burst is real he can run away from defensive backs .......lets correct that he can run away from defensive back from teams with good defensive backs. I hope he does absolutely nothing in the NFL but it is what it is.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back