You guys are clueless if you think this scheme will work....

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the OP, your life must really suck ballz. You spend days looking up articles connecting MIAMI and spin it for the worst. Stop being such a hater. It is only spring for crying out loud. Get a f****** life.

Advertisement
clinging to some fluke years where F.A.G. had a decent defense in the face of the pathetic **** we've seen for 3 years is just retarded

his BEST defense in teh history of his coaching career, was about the same as one of the worst defenses we had in the 2000s.

get this POS outa my face

LOL. HAI Mark

Whut up Randy. How was Golden able to produce a better defense then yours in 2004 with you having more talent?

I am not a Randy apologist but I'm not sure that the UVA defense was better than ours. it may have a better rank, but thats not adjusted for schedule differences, which i would imagine were significant then

You'd imagine wrong then. Both schedules were similar.

I'll just take your word for it since you seem to be a very logical and reasonable dude

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt04.htm

Miami #9 schedule ranking
UVA: #24

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2004&div=4&rpt=IA_teamtotdef&site=org

defensive rankings:

UVA #18 with 5.05 yards per play
Miami #28 with 4.79 yards per play

very debatable which was better you dumb pieces of ****

the 5.05 yards per play is really ****** actually. no other teams in the top 30 are that bad.

flukeish to even be in the top 20 with that poor of a ypp

our yards per play dropped from 4.8 in 2010 to 5.5 in 2011 (F.A.G.s first year)

pathetic how bad his defense is

dropped to 6.2 in 2012!

and 5.7 in 2013

#trendingup

No, no its not. Al Groh's defense was very good at UVA. Mickey Andrews had some beasts of defenses in the 90s. Didn't keep either of them from getting **** canned after their defenses went to **** and were ranked in the 100s. Only at Miami is this **** allowed and then promoted with some bull**** about Temple.

I like how you also claimed Temple has less talent but then turn around and say we have subpar talent LOL Which is it?

Golden is a great recruiter, great identifier of talent, and also a great developer of talent. So will lrg please explain why UM's talent level after three years is currently below Temple's when Golden was there?

Dont recall where I said we had less talent than temple did, please point that out.

You claimed the defense worked at Temple with less talent but in your next post you talk of our subpar talent. Seems to me, by your own words, this staff is used to doing more with less so why aren't they doing it right now?

Yes, less talent at temple was able to run this scheme. Since he recruited well, he had good talent relative to the conference. The point is, that those guys who are less heralded recruits than the type of guys we're bringing in, were able to run the scheme successfully, why, all of a suddenly, won't it work with our guys?

The issue to me isn't why won't it work here but why the **** hasn't it worked to this point? You choose to hold on to the results at Temple, I choose to use what I see is currently going on right now. Temple has no barring on what is going on here, IMO. It would not be the first or the last time a coach failed to succeed after making the jump from lower level ball to big time CFB and thus far Golden and his defense his failed miserably here.

Advertisement

dropped to 6.2 in 2012!

and 5.7 in 2013

#trendingup

That's their philosophy. Allow the underneath things. Extend drives and eventually the offense will make a mistake that ends their drive. They don't believe offenses can execute 10-12 play drives without making mistakes.

The UF game was the culmination of everything they believe in defensively. UF marched up and down the field on us, but **** the bed repeatedly once they got in scoring position. Those type of mistakes don't happen against good teams. They'll be good to win games like UF and UNC last year, but not if we ever want to win more than the Coastal. I mean ****, that strategy didn't even work against VT and Duke this year.

Allowing the underneath stuff and not getting beat over the top is how it's been since day 1 under Goldy/Dono.

That is a ***** philosophy.

dropped to 6.2 in 2012!

and 5.7 in 2013

#trendingup

That's their philosophy. Allow the underneath things. Extend drives and eventually the offense will make a mistake that ends their drive. They don't believe offenses can execute 10-12 play drives without making mistakes.

The UF game was the culmination of everything they believe in defensively. UF marched up and down the field on us, but **** the bed repeatedly once they got in scoring position. Those type of mistakes don't happen against good teams. They'll be good to win games like UF and UNC last year, but not if we ever want to win more than the Coastal. I mean ****, that strategy didn't even work against VT and Duke this year.

its a ***** *** strategy and it is BRUTAL to watch.

Golden is a great recruiter, great identifier of talent, and also a great developer of talent. So will lrg please explain why UM's talent level after three years is currently below Temple's when Golden was there?

Dont recall where I said we had less talent than temple did, please point that out.

You claimed the defense worked at Temple with less talent but in your next post you talk of our subpar talent. Seems to me, by your own words, this staff is used to doing more with less so why aren't they doing it right now?

Yes, less talent at temple was able to run this scheme. Since he recruited well, he had good talent relative to the conference. The point is, that those guys who are less heralded recruits than the type of guys we're bringing in, were able to run the scheme successfully, why, all of a suddenly, won't it work with our guys?

The issue to me isn't why won't it work here but why the **** hasn't it worked to this point? You choose to hold on to the results at Temple, I choose to use what I see is currently going on right now. Temple has no barring on what is going on here, IMO. It would not be the first or the last time a coach failed to succeed after making the jump from lower level ball to big time CFB and thus far Golden and his defense his failed miserably here.

it doesnt really work anywhere.

Advertisement
clinging to some fluke years where F.A.G. had a decent defense in the face of the pathetic **** we've seen for 3 years is just retarded

his BEST defense in teh history of his coaching career, was about the same as one of the worst defenses we had in the 2000s.

OK.....so now what???? What are you trying to accomplish??? Get over it!!! Theres nothing you or I can do!

Last edited:

+1 Jimbo had to replace all of his defensive coaches, except for one, TWICE in the last 4 years and still has an awesome highly ranked D:

2009 #108 Bowden/Andrews DC
2010 #42 Jimbo/Stoops DC (New Scheme)
2011 #4 Stoops DC
2012 #2 Stoops DC
2013 #3 Pruitt DC (New Scheme) National Champs

That's how it's done. Good evaluation of players AND ASSISTANT COACHES.
Get that Temple noise out of here...

6.gif~original

And Bill Parcells/Bill Belichick taught Groh the scheme. Whats your point? There are some significant gaps in your reasoning. Groh has a good reputation. He's old as fu*k. Big deal.

One strike.... Go ahead and see if you can hit my next curve..

For one this isn't the nfl, this is college football son...

That's your retort?

You act like this is Pop Warner.

College players are able to pick up complicated schemes.

Carrol pretty much ran his current NFL defensive scheme at USC.

You think Jimmy tried to reinvent defense when he went to Dallas?
He ran the same thing he did at UM.

What kind of defense do you think Alabama has run the past years under Saban?
Look at Saban's defenses and you might see a very similar scheme to what we've been implementing the past couple years.
Saban has had the horses and we haven't.

This mug just compared our defense to alabama....
63.gif

How long did it take saban to reach the SEC championship game?

LOL

Advertisement
5 pages in this thread and guess what nothing accomplished except complaining

And in between us accomplishing nothing complaining are your meaningless posts complaining about us accomplishing nothing.

Good job.

And in between us accomplishing nothing complaining are your meaningless posts complaining about us accomplishing nothing.

Good job.

Your welcome. Now tell me whats the end result here?

I mean we know there's problems on defense that's no secret but all I see is people calling Golden names, bashing coaches. What's the end result?

If it makes you feel better to say F.A.G. then that's sad.

Last edited:
Advertisement
2082, if you haven't figured out the "library lynch mob" yet then you're late to the party. They're a circle jerk of who can spew the most bull**** and still proclaim to be "fans" of the program.

Whut up Randy. How was Golden able to produce a better defense then yours in 2004 with you having more talent?

I am not a Randy apologist but I'm not sure that the UVA defense was better than ours. it may have a better rank, but thats not adjusted for schedule differences, which i would imagine were significant then

You'd imagine wrong then. Both schedules were similar.

I'll just take your word for it since you seem to be a very logical and reasonable dude

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt04.htm

Miami #9 schedule ranking
UVA: #24

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2004&div=4&rpt=IA_teamtotdef&site=org

defensive rankings:

UVA #18 with 5.05 yards per play
Miami #28 with 4.79 yards per play

very debatable which was better you dumb pieces of ****

the 5.05 yards per play is really ****ty actually. no other teams in the top 30 are that bad.

flukeish to even be in the top 20 with that poor of a ypp

.2 yards difference despite having more NFL talent... Great work splitting hairs.

dropped to 6.2 in 2012!

and 5.7 in 2013

#trendingup

2011 allowed less Points per game and had a better rush defense.
And that's with all the suspensions and injuries. LOL

We do not have the same DEFENSE as seattle and im tired of seeing people say that. Seatlle has earl thomas playing centerfield to cover up everything on the backend, kam chancellor is usually in the box, and their corners play press man and press coverage in the cover 3. They had red bryant a 330 pound dt playing de and 2 gapping and the other d-lineman 1 gapping.

They usually rush 4 with some blitzes from linebackers here and there but on passing downs they usually drop their lbs in coverage. We use read and react and that something that pete carroll isnt a fan of. Carroll said himself that asking your d-linet 2 gap takes the aggrissviness away and you see our d-line stand up and catch blocks instead of attack.

So tell me where this scheme is like seattle. Their may be some things they do thats similar but its not the same.

Yeah Im still trying to figure out how anyone could possibly think we run the same thing as Seattle. Its not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back