You guys are clueless if you think this scheme will work....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude I lost my pops, uncle and cousin to cancer in the last 3 years... Cancer in my eyes is undefeated... In my eyes it doesnt matter if you beat cancer b/c it does so much to your body that you'll tap out eventually...

Nice try at backtracking off your terrible comment.

stop getting off subject pzzy,,,,

People need to be reminded of what you said about Jim Kelly. I'll be sure and bring it up any time I see you post.

Your attempt at backtracking and attempting to justify your comment are almost as pathetic as your original statement about Kelly.

like i give a fug,,,,

Of course you don't care, that was obvious by your comment about Jim Kelly.

Advertisement
Here is a UVA game from 2004 when they reportedly had a very good defense under AL Golden, does anything look eerily familiar? An keep in mind UM worked them up and down the field that year, so he saw first hand what elite athletes can do to hs scheme.

http://youtu.be/vEfOoRtM_2A

http://youtu.be/hYEbgipN0g4

watching that 2004 team just makes me sick compared to this team now. that was one of our worst defenses of that era and it is still light years better than the dumpster fire that we have now.

get F.A.G. out of my ****ing face

Criminal that the 2004 defense wasn't a top 5 defense with all that NFL talent.

LOL. HAI Mark

Here is a UVA game from 2004 when they reportedly had a very good defense under AL Golden, does anything look eerily familiar? An keep in mind UM worked them up and down the field that year, so he saw first hand what elite athletes can do to hs scheme.

watching that 2004 team just makes me sick compared to this team now. that was one of our worst defenses of that era and it is still light years better than the dumpster fire that we have now.

LOL. HAI Mark

Whut up Randy. How was Golden able to produce a better defense then yours in 2004 with you having more talent?

That Temple and Virginia Defense is what the apologist hold on to? Makes me sick. We are ****ed.

Advertisement

LOL. HAI Mark

Whut up Randy. How was Golden able to produce a better defense then yours in 2004 with you having more talent?

I am not a Randy apologist but I'm not sure that the UVA defense was better than ours. it may have a better rank, but thats not adjusted for schedule differences, which i would imagine were significant then

UM....pretty close...they beat Clemson & UNC .....We beat FSU

September 10 8:00 PM #4 Florida State #5 Orange Bowl • Miami, FL ABC W 16–10 78,622[1]
September 18 1:00 PM Louisiana Tech* #4 Orange Bowl • Miami, FL CSN W 48–0 53,721[1]
September 23 6:45 PM at Houston* #4 Reliant Stadium • Houston, TX ESPN W 38–13 36,698[1]
October 2 3:30 PM at Georgia Tech #4 Bobby Dodd Stadium • Atlanta, GA ABC W 27–3 55,000[1]
October 14 7:45 PM #20 Louisville* #3 Orange Bowl • Miami, FL ESPN W 41–38 63,715[1]
October 23 7:45 PM at NC State #4 Carter–Finley Stadium • Raleigh, NC ESPN W 45–31 55,600[1]
October 30 7:00 PM at North Carolina #4 Kenan Memorial Stadium • Chapel Hill, NC ESPN2 L 28–31 58,000[1]
November 6 7:45 PM Clemsondagger #11 Orange Bowl • Miami, FL ESPN L 17–24 OT 55,225[1]
November 13 3:30 PM at #10 Virginia #18 Scott Stadium • Charlottesville, VA ABC W 31–21 63,701[1]
November 20 12:00 PM Wake Forest #9 Orange Bowl • Miami, FL ESPN W 52–7 41,315[1]
December 4 1:00 PM #10 Virginia Tech #9 Orange Bowl • Miami, FL ABC L 10–16 62,205[1]
December 31 7:30 PM vs. #20 Florida* #10 Georgia Dome • Atlanta, GA (Peach Bowl) ESPN W 27–10 69,332[1]

UVA

Date Time Opponent# Rank# Site TV Result Attendance
September 4 12:00 PM at Temple* #19 Lincoln Financial Field • Philadelphia, PA ESPN2 W 44–14 20,154
September 11 3:30 PM North Carolina #20 Scott Stadium • Charlottesville, VA (South's Oldest Rivalry) ABC W 56–24 62,790
September 18 3:00 PM Akron* #16 Scott Stadium • Charlottesville, VA W 51–0 57,868
September 25 3:30 PM Syracuse* #12 Scott Stadium • Charlottesville, VA W 31–10 59,699
October 7 7:30 PM Clemson #9 Scott Stadium • Charlottesville, VA ESPN W 30–10 61,833
October 16 8:00 PM at #7 Florida State #6 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL (Jefferson-Eppes Trophy) ESPN L 3–36 84,155
October 23 1:00 PM at Duke #15 Wallace Wade Stadium • Durham, NC W 37–16 24,157
November 6 3:30 PM Marylanddagger #13 Scott Stadium • Charlottesville, VA (Rivalry) ABC W 16–0 63,072
November 13 3:30 PM #17 Miami #11 Scott Stadium • Charlottesville, VA ABC L 21–31 63,701
November 20 1:00 PM at Georgia Tech #18 Bobby Dodd Stadium • Atlanta, GA ABC W 30–10 43,971
November 27 1:00 PM at #11 Virginia Tech #16 Lane Stadium • Blacksburg, VA (Commonwealth Cup) ABC L 10–24 65,115
December 27 2:00 PM vs. Fresno State* #18 Bronco Stadium • Boise, ID (MPC Computers Bowl) ESPN L 34-37 OT 28,516

We do not have the same DEFENSE as seattle and im tired of seeing people say that. Seatlle has earl thomas playing centerfield to cover up everything on the backend, kam chancellor is usually in the box, and their corners play press man and press coverage in the cover 3. They had red bryant a 330 pound dt playing de and 2 gapping and the other d-lineman 1 gapping.

They usually rush 4 with some blitzes from linebackers here and there but on passing downs they usually drop their lbs in coverage. We use read and react and that something that pete carroll isnt a fan of. Carroll said himself that asking your d-linet 2 gap takes the aggrissviness away and you see our d-line stand up and catch blocks instead of attack.

So tell me where this scheme is like seattle. Their may be some things they do thats similar but its not the same.

Advertisement
This is the same thread everyday..... GIVE IT UP!!!! it's not going to solve anything.....Golden is here, he's the coach nothing you can do about. Go cry and whine somewhere else

88.gif

As Frosty said, it's now become the desire to be right vs actually wanting the defense to improve. I can't imagine how vapid some of your lives must be to keep regurgitating the same thing over and over.

LOL. HAI Mark

I am not a Randy apologist but I'm not sure that the UVA defense was better than ours. it may have a better rank, but thats not adjusted for schedule differences, which i would imagine were significant then

You'd imagine wrong then. Both schedules were similar.

Is the OP the one that made a post making fun of Jim Kelly's cancer?

Dude I lost my pops, uncle and cousin to cancer in the last 3 years... Cancer in my eyes is undefeated... In my eyes it doesnt matter if you beat cancer b/c it does so much to your body that you'll tap out eventually...

Nice try at backtracking off your terrible comment.

stop getting off subject pzzy,,,,

People need to be reminded of what you said about Jim Kelly. I'll be sure and bring it up any time I see you post.

Your attempt at backtracking and attempting to justify your comment are almost as pathetic as your original statement about Kelly.

Agreed.
How does that scumbag get away with making light of Jim Kelly's problems.
Why is he allowed on this forum?

Advertisement
What scheme are we running on defense? There seems to be a lot of variety. The most common line up at the snap of the ball has five players on the line of scrimmage. The next most common is a conventional 4-3. As far as I can tell, nothing we do resembles Groh's scheme at Georgia Tech or Virginia.

LOL. HAI Mark

Does it also need to be adjusted for talent differences?

Advertisement
Just let it go..... nothing you or I can do anything about...

209.gif

That Temple and Virginia Defense is what the apologist hold on to? Makes me sick. We are ****ed.

its pathetic. just disgusting

2 top 30 defenses in his entire career as HC or DC.

The two worst defenses in Miami history.

But, but, this one year at Temple...

**** out of my face.

:ibisroflmao:

Who else is surprised with comments like this?

Mopes on here start off with "Golden has NEVER had a top 20 defense, EVER!! Argghhh! Fiah da corches, change da scheeemz!!! Arghh!!"

Someone tells them "They have had top 20 defenses twice"

mopes go "Arghh, only 2 top 20 defenses his whole career, look what they hold on to! Arggh! Fiah da corches, change da scheeemz!!!Arggh!"

Watch....

These have actually not been the 2 worst defenses in Miami history. There was another season that was worse than 2012, back in the day, statistically speaking.

Get ready for mopes reaction to this in 3...2...1...

LOL. HAI Mark

You'd imagine wrong then. Both schedules were similar.

I'll just take your word for it since you seem to be a very logical and reasonable dude

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt04.htm

Miami #9 schedule ranking
UVA: #24

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2004&div=4&rpt=IA_teamtotdef&site=org

defensive rankings:

UVA #18 with 5.05 yards per play
Miami #28 with 4.79 yards per play

very debatable which was better you dumb pieces of ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back