You guys are clueless if you think this scheme will work....

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with the notion that Saban runs some kind of ridiculously exotic scheme? Their **** is simple and sound. Easy for their kids to understand. Sound, so there's no holes or vulnerabilities.

Advertisement
Not that I think UVA or Temple's defenses were that good, but just because their scheme "worked" (for two combined seasons) at those schools doesn't mean it'll work at Miami.

What works at Texas Tech doesn't work at Wisconsin. What works at Oregon doesn't work at North Dakota A&M. And so on and so on.

College football is regional and your schemes should reflect your main recruiting ground. Us running a complex 2-gap 3-4 is like Wisconsin trying to run the spread.

We do not have the same DEFENSE as seattle and im tired of seeing people say that. Seatlle has earl thomas playing centerfield to cover up everything on the backend, kam chancellor is usually in the box, and their corners play press man and press coverage in the cover 3. They had red bryant a 330 pound dt playing de and 2 gapping and the other d-lineman 1 gapping.

They usually rush 4 with some blitzes from linebackers here and there but on passing downs they usually drop their lbs in coverage. We use read and react and that something that pete carroll isnt a fan of. Carroll said himself that asking your d-linet 2 gap takes the aggrissviness away and you see our d-line stand up and catch blocks instead of attack.

So tell me where this scheme is like seattle. Their may be some things they do thats similar but its not the same.

Yeah Im still trying to figure out how anyone could possibly think we run the same thing as Seattle. Its not even close.

Because they're both 3-4's so they must be the same.

Not that I think UVA or Temple's defenses were that good, but just because their scheme "worked" (for two combined seasons) at those schools doesn't mean it'll work at Miami.

What works at Texas Tech doesn't work at Wisconsin. What works at Oregon doesn't work at North Dakota A&M. And so on and so on.

College football is regional and your schemes should reflect your main recruiting ground. Us running a complex 2-gap 3-4 is like Wisconsin trying to run the spread.
This man just gets it. It's a shame we have two incompetents leading the program that can't even understand this basic fact about football.

Advertisement

This man just gets it. It's a shame we have two incompetents leading the program that can't even understand this basic fact about football.

What Urban Meyer did at Bowling Green worked at Utah then Florida and now back in Ohio. What Chip Kelly did at New Hampshire worked at Oregon. Maybe defense is more about regional recruiting but offenses seem to travel as long as you have the right people implementing it. Which might be the actual problem as opposed to the scheme itself.

What Urban Meyer did at Bowling Green worked at Utah then Florida and now back in Ohio. What Chip Kelly did at New Hampshire worked at Oregon. Maybe defense is more about regional recruiting but offenses seem to travel as long as you have the right people implementing it. Which might be the actual problem as opposed to the scheme itself.

What pieces did he have to help make that offense work though?

That's what it boils down to.

Can you get the pieces you need in the region you're at? And if you can't, can you recruit well enough to go and find them?

I can tell you this much...

South Florida kids don't wanna run any 2-gap ****.

Can you get the pieces you need in the region you're at? And if you can't, can you recruit well enough to go and find them?

South Florida kids don't want to go to class. They don't want to commit early because they want their moment. They don't want to go to Miami because they want to see new things. 2-gapping is just another thing on the list of things they don't want to do that the local school wants them to do.

This. And you can't really compare one of the great college coaches in urban meyer and a great program builder and coach in chip kelly to al golden. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a whole bunch of coaches that thought they could simply transplant their philosophy and failed.

Advertisement

South Florida kids don't want to go to class. They don't want to commit early because they want their moment. They don't want to go to Miami because they want to see new things. 2-gapping is just another thing on the list of things they don't want to do that the local school wants them to do.
Lulz at disparaging a bunch of kids for that fat **** and his boyfriend. What local school wants them to two gap besides the two retards at Miami? Kids from all over the country play the recruiting game kids all over the country don't want to go to class.

In essence **** you.

This. And you can't really compare one of the great college coaches in urban meyer and a great program builder and coach in chip kelly to al golden. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a whole bunch of coaches that thought they could simply transplant their philosophy and failed.

You didn't say anything about it taking a special coach. You said it was a basic fact of football. Clearly it can be done. It is clear up to this point that the coaches here haven't able to implement their defense successfully. Good coaches, not great ones can get it done. Them trying to do it isn't just pure idiocy and it doesn't make them incompetent. The question is as LuCane has stated a number of times is will they adapt or will they continue to beat their head against a brick wall.

Lulz at disparaging a bunch of kids for that fat **** and his boyfriend. What local school wants them to two gap besides the two retards at Miami? Kids from all over the country play the recruiting game kids all over the country don't want to go to class.

In essence **** you.

Those kids don't need you playing captain save a ho. They don't care what I say. They are no where near as sensitive as you are.

In essence **** you.

Those kids don't need you playing captain save a ho. They don't care what I say. They are no where near as sensitive as you are.
When you stop sucking Goldens **** I'll stop playing captain save a ho to south Florida kids.

Advertisement

You didn't say anything about it taking a special coach. You said it was a basic fact of football. Clearly it can be done. It is clear up to this point that the coaches here haven't able to implement their defense successfully. Good coaches, not great ones can get it done. Them trying to do it isn't just pure idiocy and it doesn't make them incompetent. The question is as LuCane has stated a number of times is will they adapt or will they continue to beat their head against a brick wall.
Valid point. I personally don't think golden knows how to implement his system but I also don't think his system works for college football in general and south Florida specifically for the many reasons people have mentioned here.

In essence **** you.

When you stop sucking Goldens **** I'll stop playing captain save a ho to south Florida kids.

I haven't said anything about Golden doing anything right. You're associating my comments about those kids with what you believe must be a defense of the staff. They're not the same thing. Both can get criticized.

In essence **** you.

I haven't said anything about Golden doing anything right. You're associating my comments about those kids with what you believe must be a defense of the staff. They're not the same thing. Both can get criticized.
:fistbump:

Advertisement

Funny you say this since during the dynasty years we recruited most of our key DL players from out of our immediate recruiting area.
Stubbs, Maryland, Kennedy, Greg Mark, Krein etc. Then you have guys like Jerome Brown, Jimmie Jones, who were Muck area and central florida kids.
Actually If you look back most of the the programs most notable DL weren't from Miami/South Florida. Damione Lewis, Rusty, Sapp.
And the ones that were South Florida kids like Vince Wilfork has recently been the most dominant 2 gap DL in the NFL.
Antonio Dixon would have killed in a 2 gap scheme in college.
Corey Luiget played both a NT and DT in Illinois and is playing that now in San Diego. He would have been a top target for Golden.
Ironically the ones recruited to play the 1 gap attacking scheme that you all say we should run have been busts like Marcus Forston.

What this shows is that no matter the scheme a good recruiter can go nationally and sign kids to play in whatever scheme at the University of Miami and at the same time fill it's needs with local players. It's been done before and Golden is doing it now.

Last edited:
This thread
193.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back