Yo mopes where you at

Advertisement
But those are things that won't even matter until September. Might as well enjoy the positive news for the next 8 months until we have to worry about any of the game time concerns.
OMG Sept count more than the off-season

Just curious (and I’m sure you’ve been asked this question before - so bear with me) - would you prefer that we “lose” the offseason? Yes or no would suffice.

Can you define “winning the off-season” please?

I know people say that on here, but its more about making fun of Manny Lombardi.

Advertisement
Can you define “winning the off-season” please?

I know people say that on here, but its more about making fun of Manny Lombardi.
I agree. It’s rather nebulous. But I’d much prefer bringing in the best defensive back available in the portal, a senior wide receiver that’ll probably be our #1, a starting de and hiring 3 consensus top choices for position coaches to any alternative. If you don’t think the team gets better with better players assistant coaches/recruiters, I don’t know what to tell you besides take a seat til September.

What have they done differently in the off season since Manny has become HC? Offense sucks let’s get some TD rings
You mean besides firing the entire offensive staff, upgrading each position coach, bringing in a few key starters and the offense markedly improving the following season, right?

For the defense - I don’t know about you, but I’m hoping similar change leads to similar improvement.

Absolutely, so there's no reason to mope until then since there's been nothing but positives.
It was like this in 2020 until Clemson, and even then we kept winning for a while. With what we've been through for 15 years you'd think people would be more receptive to these offseason national championships.

I agree. It’s rather nebulous. But I’d much prefer bringing in the best defensive back available in the portal, a senior wide receiver that’ll probably be our #1, a starting de and hiring 3 consensus top choices for position coaches to any alternative. If you don’t think the team gets better with better players assistant coaches/recruiters, I don’t know what to tell you besides take a seat til September.

So after Bama throttles Manny and you realize we are no closer to being at the championship level- especially after Manny’s off season titles- what will be the mantra then?

Advertisement
I said Manny wouldn’t fire his boys etc. Glad he he proved me wrong; as a matter of fact, I really like the staff he has put together. Excited to see much better recruiting and players developed.

So after Bama throttles Manny and you realize we are no closer to being at the championship level- especially after Manny’s off season titles- what will be the mantra then?
Or... we beat bama, proving that offseason development leads to in season successes - what will your mantra be then?

See? Stupid question. That’s a bridge to be crossed when you get to it. But, today, there’s no reason to constantly belittle any and every improvement the team makes (simply because you don’t like the head coach) when we are 8 months from the first snap.

But those are things that won't even matter until September. Might as well enjoy the positive news for the next 8 months until we have to worry about any of the game time concerns.
Exactly. I just tried to convey this to @***-e-skr in another thread. He keeps going back to FIU. Manny’s done well on this off-season so let’s just see what happens when the games are played. I’m thinking a loss to Bama and no more than one other during the season plus a bowl win or close game at least against a better opponent.

Or... we beat bama, proving that offseason development leads to in season successes - what will your mantra be then?

See? Stupid question. That’s a bridge to be crossed when you get to it. But, today, there’s no reason to constantly belittle any and every improvement the team makes (simply because you don’t like the head coach) when we are 8 months from the first snap.
No one expects us to beat Bama except insufferable mopes who don’t either but they want to use it as a lightening rod.

Advertisement

What if you think Manny sets himself up to fail by doing 2 jobs when he can’t do one, instead of hiring a DC? Why does everyone think this is a great idea? Do you not think HC is a needed job, just an OC and a DC is good enough?

No one expects us to beat Bama except insufferable mopes who don’t either but they want to use it as a lightening rod.
True. That’s fair. I know I’m wasting time - but that’s really my goal at 2pm on a Friday.

I get that it’s absurd to expect to beat bama in a game that’s over 200 days away. But it’s equally absurd to expect that we’ll get “throttled” and it’s worse to then use those soft *** hurt feelings to justify continually beating down on everything the program does.

Advertisement
What if you think Manny sets himself up to fail by doing 2 jobs when he can’t do one, instead of hiring a DC? Why does everyone think this is a great idea? Do you not think HC is a needed job, just an OC and a DC is good enough?
Fair enough criticism, I guess. My answer - there really is nothing that you or I or we can do besides wait and see. Manny was a pretty good play caller ca. 2018. Bringing in Shoop and having Stroud probably lightens the DC load - enough? Hopefully. It’s not impossible for a head coach to call plays and be successful. Can Manny do it? Again, we’ll see.

Based on your porsting history, what is your problem? If you are correct, the season will be a great fūckup, and he’ll be fired. Problem solved. That’s why I have no worries. He’ll either solve the problem or he won’t.

Advertisement
Back