Yearby today on Cooks choice

- Yearby feels good for UM right now. “I know he is feeling very good about Miami,” Yearby said. “I think it is very possible that he could be a Miami Hurricane.”

- He will make a final decision January 2nd at the UA game. “He isn’t torn,” Yearby said. “He knows where he is going. I just tell him to do what is best for him. Wherever you decide to go for your next four years, you have to make yourself pride and show out.”

- Yearby wants to play with his boy at the next level. “I want him to come with me because we can get it back to the old U,” Yearby said. “We can bring that U swag back that everybody used to knew about. We could do big things together if he joins me at UM.”

- Yearby was sad he couldnt play but was proud of his team for the back to back state championship victory. “That means a lot because we put in so much work to get to where we are at and we did what we had to do to come out with the victory,” Yearby said. “I wish I could have been out there with them, but they made me feel like I was still a big part of it.”

- Cook had 226 yards and 4 tds on 19 carries. I had no doubt in my mind that he would do that. He had to come out here and do what he had to do. He had to put the team on his back and he did that.”

- It meant a lot to Yearby that last week Cook wore his number in honor of him. “That just showed the respect and brotherly love that we have for each other,” Yearby said. “I was really touched by that.”

- Yearby was excited agter his ov last week. “The coaches showed me very, very, very much love,” Yearby said. “They care about me a lot. They are great guys. I can’t wait to get down there and play for them.

- Yearby as that his ankle is ok and he will rehab it hard and should be back fully in March or April. He will enroll January 8th

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Joseph-Yearby-Feels-Good-About-Dalvin-Cook-and-Miami-166203

Advertisement
-He's figured out what's real from the coaches. "Once you keep hearing the same thing from all the coaches, sometimes you've got to recognize what's real and what's fake," Cook said. "That's why I'm going to shut it down. It's shut down today."

- Only one of the staffs pulled it out for him. "The coaches I felt the most comfortable around, they came in, kept it real with me," he said. "I just felt comfortable with them coaches."

- UF thinks they have a chance still. "I'm committed to Florida," Cook said. "I'm 100 percent until the Under Armour game. He also said T Rob relates to him and he knows what all of this recruiting is all about

- UF says they know what style of offense they will play next year. "They said they're trying to run the offense that Auburn ran a little bit this year," he said. "They're going to spread it out and they're going to pass it and run it.". "I'm trying to go to an offense that's really balanced, they can run the ball and pass the ball," he said. "I'm trying to get ready for that next step and who's going to groom me into that next step."

- He wasn't worried about their bad season because he knows what type of player he is and that he can fix the problems

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/Dalvin-Cook-has-his-mind-made-up-166198

-

Not sure how to feel.

That was a UF interview so he wasnt going to bash them

Seems like it's Miami or Florida. I obviously want him in Miami, but I would rather him go to Florida then fsu.

Whatever happens with Cook, Duke and Yearby is still an amazing combo.

But I'm greedy mane.

"Coaches told me I can rape a chick, have my teammates tape it, and not only not get charged, but win the Heismans!"

- “I’m very excited because I know the type of player I am, I’m going to go and work hard and I’m going to go in and change the program,” Cook said. Then, moments later, he added: “I’m still committed to Florida. I’m 100 percent until the Under Armour game.”

ANALYSIS: UF's program certainly needs changing. But didn't he specifically mention in an interview that Golden called him a "program changer" and that really resonated with him? 100%...until the UA game, you say?

- “Coach T-Rob he can relate to me, he has been through all of this so he knows how it goes,” Cook said. “When you open up the recruiting process you hear a lot of things so he says he knows how it is.”

ANALYSIS: Mmmm. T-Rob knows how it is to have second thoughts? T-Rob sounds way too understanding of a kid if he's not joining the program??

- “I’m trying to go to an offense that’s really balanced, run the ball, pass the ball, and have that mix,” Cook said. “…I want an offensive coordinator that really fits me and can relate to my game.”

ANALYSIS: But UF doesn't even have an OC? And James Coley Coley Coley supposedly knows how to talk to the kids...

- “I do everything for Joe now, we’re going to go to the next level and I have to make a decision on whether I’m going to play with him or not,” Cook said. “That’s my best friend.”

ANALYSIS: Joe wants him at the U...

- "The coaches I felt the most comfortable around, they came in, kept it real with me," he said. "I just felt comfortable with them coaches."

ANALYSIS: Did UF do an in-home during the Cook house carrousel week (when LSU, Texas, FSU, and us hung out)? If not...interesting.

CONCLUSION: I have no ******* clue.

Advertisement
There is so much in Miami's favor.... I think Yearby wanting Cook to stay with him will keep him here in the end.

Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 26s
Dalvin Cook on decision coming down to relationships. "Whoever I feel like it's a family. I want to feel like I'm at Miami Central again."

Advertisement
All right.

I'm in.

We're getting Cook.

That's my opinion until I'm proven wrong.

**** it.

He's going to come in and change the program, he said after the Central game? Well..."when Coach Al said I can be a program-changer. That was very special to hear that."

Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 26s
Dalvin Cook on decision coming down to relationships. "Whoever I feel like it's a family. I want to feel like I'm at Miami Central again."

The u is known for a family atmosphere and his boys are going to be here.

One thing I've learned is that Cook really does seem like a great kid.

Outside of the committed/uncommitted thing, which is more a product of the environment that Cook has grown up in, he's really handled this with a ton of class and dignity. He hasn't trolled or played around with the process at all. He seems like a kid who is truly torn and doesn't want to hurt anybody's feelings.

Just hope that he decides to stay home and put on for his city.

Advertisement
I think Dalvin is a Cane. I never thought it would happen back in the day when he was committed to Clemson, and especially after he switched to Florida. But after their hilarious year and after Dalvin really thought about being able to play 3/4 years with Joe and his big boy Trevor (like Duke and Ereck), I don't think he would be able to live with himself if he passed this opportunity up.

If Dalvin really is the only one that knows imagine the expression on joe's face and the moment they will share when he tells him hes gonna be a cane..... And then think about the opposite of that if he goes elsewhere. I can't imagine him disappointing his best friend of all time like that.

I really hope this happens for us boys, because if it does... we rejoice. Very much so.

Advertisement
Yearby will be with him at the UA game when he decides. I bet they'll both be up on that stage together when he commits to the U. I will be there...I can see it happening now.

Deandre Burnett ‏@_DREtheGREAT 14s
Proud of my brother, would love to see him that green and orange next year

Advertisement
Back