Year 3

I have a constant negative feeling about this season, specifically that if we get blown out by Bama, a couple key players get injured, we turn around and lose the next week App State and the season takes a death spiral after that.

I’m always assuming the worst possible outcome when it comes to the Canes, and I constantly think about this season being some sort of nightmare.
That first sentence was long as **** and then App state better not beat us. **** I would fire Manure on the spot.

Advertisement
You should stop following sports. There are many better ways for you to find joy in your life.

Come back when we are winners and all will be forgiven.
What year will this be 2040.. lol it's already been 18 years.. this must be how Raiders fans feel.

Shoop was brought in for a reason , go look at the last couple times his defenses faced bama. They were to of the better performances you’ll find against a Bama O. Its not an accident he joined the analysis staff this off season. We got lucky he was available and able to afford that role.
To me Shoop was the most underrated move of the off season. We’re talking about a coach who has had significant success at the highest levels of college football. His defense at Mississippi State was ridiculous. My ideal scenario, he eventually stays on as DC after he stops getting his buyout check.

To me Shoop was the most underrated move of the off season. We’re talking about a coach who has had significant success at the highest levels of college football. His defense at Mississippi State was ridiculous. My ideal scenario, he eventually stays on as DC after he stops getting his buyout check.
We'll know at the end of the season. I'd also bet Lashlee becomes a head coach somewhere and Likens moves into his role.

Advertisement
I don’t know if Manny will be good enough to meet the standards but I feel like he’s still getting better. With Golden, it was obvious the team was going to crash. I don’t feel impending doom under Manny especially with King at QB

i think this is the plan. he will be the defacto DC this year and then he'll be the DC next year

I don’t know if Manny will be good enough to meet the standards but I feel like he’s still getting better. With Golden, it was obvious the team was going to crash. I don’t feel impending doom under Manny especially with King at QB
Same. Manny has left me frustrated at times but I always get the feeling he’s trying to improve the team. He’s not just doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result. Will his strategy pay off? I hope so but who knows?

I think it’s pretty reasonable actually. OL should be improved but we have to see it and Game 1 against Bama is a brutal place to begin.
We have to take that game with a grain of salt. Hard to make an accurate evaluation versus a team like that. Anything can happen, at the same time we can't declare "we suck" and "fold the season" IF we get punished by Bama. I'm watching that game from start to finish regardless if it gets ugly, but I'll be looking for what we did well rather than how better they were than us in this or that area of the game.

Advertisement
Corps

I think the offense will improve and the defense will regress.

The light is not going to come on in Mannys head. It's year 6 of his defense, and still relying on transfers and have no linebackers. Still getting steamrolled by UNC.
Not exactly correct on the UNC part. We're 1-1 in the steamroll vs UNC department...and all other games were 1 score or less

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210712-185553_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210712-185553_Chrome.jpg
    363.4 KB · Views: 22
Alabama is the only game Miami should be expected to lose.

Next, maybe at UNC, because it’s a road game. UNC lost a lot of skill players but still has the QB.

This should be a game Manny has circled on the schedule. Revenge game, the kind where Manny wants a late TD while up 21, where he blows off Mack Brown and the post-game handshake. Show some anger, some balls. Coach “with two middle fingers up in the air’, as a sportswriter once said of Jimmy Johnson.

You guys spend way too much time complaining about X's and O's. What you want in a
head coach is a CEO who communicates effectively with players, the media, alumni and the rest of college football. A guy with personality who can sell. Someone who can admit a mistake and change quickly. I've been incredibly impressed with Coach Manny. The way he has worked the portal has the masterful, recruiting hasn't been this consistently good in 20 years, and each season he is addressed the biggest weak links with definitive upgrades. Sure, obviously the proof is in the pudding and what happens on the field is going to decide everything, but the coaching staff has gotten better each year as well.

Not just go out and win some f****** games.

Great post.

I think the only part you are missing, and what so many who are concerned about the program are thinking, is that Manny can't be that CEO and be the DC/HC at the same time. If he had been able to go out and hire either a proven DC or whatever the equivalent of Lashlee is on the defensive side of the ball, there would be a lot less reason for concern.

There are many who want to pretend that Manny can be a first time head coach and an elite DC at the same time. "Baker fired, Manny is DC, problem solved, team is improved" - that seems to be the logic. There are at minimum a lot of holes in that logic, including whether Manny is even an elite DC when all he is doing is being DC.

But you're right, man. Manny has some positives that he can bring to the program. The question is, especially as a first time HC, will he simply make too many mistakes and misjudgments (much like Mark Richt could have been a great CEO if he hadn't been so insistent on employing his son and running the offense).

At the end of the day, you either win the games or you don't. I really hope we win lots of games and Manny succeeds. I also really hope that if that doesn't happen, he and Blake are promptly fired and we stop repeating the same mistakes over and over again expecting different results.

Manny just better not get any kind of ridiculous extension no matter how the season goes. If the season goes AS IT SHOULD, then great. It means he's had one season out of three where he met expectations and won with the best team we've had in years.

I just get the feeling blake james is itching to extend Manny so nobody wants to pay a buyout to clean house if Manny implodes without King, Lashlee (he'd likely be a HC if things go well) and a quite a few others.

Advertisement
Manny just better not get any kind of ridiculous extension no matter how the season goes. If the season goes AS IT SHOULD, then great. It means he's had one season out of three where he met expectations and won with the best team we've had in years.

I just get the feeling blake james is itching to extend Manny so nobody wants to pay a buyout to clean house if Manny implodes without King, Lashlee (he'd likely be a HC if things go well) and a quite a few others.

“As it should”

Prepare yourself to be extremely disappointed and start fundraising to fly a plane because if Manny Diaz goes 11-1 or 10-2 and loses a close game to Clemson in the Acc title game BUT turns around and wins the NY6 bowl game against a good opponent to put his year end record at 12-2 or 11-3...hes getting an extension. Dont even set yourself up like that. His 3 year coaching record would be 6-7...8-3...12-2/11-3...Thats big time year to year improvement. Thats Dabo Swinney first 3-4 years level ****.

Not saying I would agree with the extension, but im not boycotting games if they do either.

I don't expect it, No.

Defensively, I don't see the improvement outside of the secondary maybe and thats a big maybe. D-Line I don't see players who can cause havoc outside of JHH who flashes. I hope Johnson can deliver but Nesta, Miller, etc just don't do it for me. They are not McIntosh, Willis and Norton level. LB has been discussed already.

Offensively, that O-Line still does not give me confidence. Are we going to be force fed WIGGINS and POPE again? Can Mallory take that next step? RB not a worry. How good will King be with the injury and has he improved with accuracy and downfield throws?

Team speed? We have looked so slow for years upon years and I am not sure that it has improved all that much.

Kick/Punt Returning has been rendered useless. We might as well just fair catch everything. No TD all year last year. I can't even recall one that was called back. Our longest on either is 38 and 20 yards lol

And there is Manny. The guy at the head of the show. I don't believe in him as a game-planning, beat the teams you have more talent than coach.

I would love to be wrong but I just don't see how ppl are calling for or expecting 10 or 11 win seasons.
How do you leave out Harvey who the coaches have been raving about. SMH

Advertisement
Bama - Loss
Appalachian St -Win
Michigan St - Loss
Central CT - Win
VA - Win
at UNC - Loss
NC St. Loss
at Pitt -Loss
GaTech - Win
at FSU - Win
VaTech - Loss
At Duke - Win

6-6

Either you're dumb as rocks or you're trolling.

Did you even research the games you think we lose. (NO)

Mich ST: This team we 2-5 last year. They just got a transfer QB from Temple who will start. Yes I said TEMPLE

This is from their own site. They know they won't be any good.

The timing of Dantonio's retirement handcuffed Tucker from doing much in the 2020 recruiting class. After COVID-19 hit and destroyed the spring and limited the fall, the Spartans head man did a remarkable job considering all the factors arrayed against him. In many ways, 2021 is the true Year One of the Tucker regime.

Tucker is a defensive coach by trade, but in 2021 his defense will struggle to find its identity. Fortunately for Tucker, the biggest recruiting win he has made since arriving in East Lansing was the hiring of Scottie Hazelton as his defensive coordinator. Hazelton is a defensive savant and will have the Spartans defense repaired in short order, but he can only work with what he has right now.

This season, the Spartans' offense is going to have to lead the way. A bowl berth would mark 2021 as a successful campaign.

NC St: They have a lot of talent but good D's give them lots of trouble and play right into our Turnover style D.

NC State Wolfpack Biggest Key: Offense

Enough with all of the turnovers. The talent is there on offense, but the mistakes have to stop after giving up the ball 40 times in the last 21 games. Not surprisingly, the Wolfpack are 1-6 the last seven times they turned it over three times or more, and 3-9 when they give it up more than once.

The offensive line hasn’t been great in pass protection, but that’s only part of the problem. Fumbles, ill-timed interceptions – as opposed to the well-timed ones – and too many big errors have been a killer. The team fell off the map in 2019 when it started ******** up, and last year it went 6-1 when it gave it up fewer than twice.

Pitt: This will be a dogfight. They have a average running game that has hurt them offensively. This is a tossup but I like our chances. Mallory should have a Big game IMO.

Virginia Tech: I think this game sets up to be another Smackdown at the Rock! They lost their starting QB & RB that produced 90% of their yards on the ground. That's a Huge loss.

Virginia Tech Hokies Biggest Key: Offense​

Keep the running game going without Khalil Herbert. The offensive line should be fine with a little time – even if the depth has to rise up – but there won’t be the rushing production at quarterback with Braxton Burmeister taking over. He’ll take off and be dangerous, but he won’t be Hendon Hooker running.

The combination of Jalen Holston and Raheem Blackshear should be great if the openings are there, but if last year was any indication, the production has to be massive for the Hokies to win.

VT D:
The pass defense has to be a whole lot better. Not having Caleb Farley around didn’t help, but there was still more than enough talent in plays to be stronger than it was last year, especially with one of the ACC’s best pass rushes to help the cause.

The safeties are good, the corners are fine, and there’s enough talent and depth to not allow 266 yards per game. There were several big games with two interceptions or more in four games – winning all four of them – and just three picks over the other seven games.

Anything and everything that happened in the 2020 season is forgivable, but it feels like the program has – for lack of a better way to put it – stalled.

Everything started out well under Justin Fuente. The Hokies got to the ACC Championship in 2016, won 19 games in his first two seasons and finished in the top two in the Coastal in three of the first four years, but the 2019 season ended with a loss to Virginia and a second straight bowl defeat, 2020 happened, and now the program has dropped eight of its last 13 games.

You are what your record is, and Virginia Tech has had two losing seasons in the last three. The last time it did that was in the 1991 and 1992 campaigns.

So with all that I think you're way off and/or trolling!

Either you're dumb as rocks or you're trolling.

Did you even research the games you think we lose. (NO)

Mich ST: This team we 2-5 last year. They just got a transfer QB from Temple who will start. Yes I said TEMPLE

This is from their own site. They know they won't be any good.

The timing of Dantonio's retirement handcuffed Tucker from doing much in the 2020 recruiting class. After COVID-19 hit and destroyed the spring and limited the fall, the Spartans head man did a remarkable job considering all the factors arrayed against him. In many ways, 2021 is the true Year One of the Tucker regime.

Tucker is a defensive coach by trade, but in 2021 his defense will struggle to find its identity. Fortunately for Tucker, the biggest recruiting win he has made since arriving in East Lansing was the hiring of Scottie Hazelton as his defensive coordinator. Hazelton is a defensive savant and will have the Spartans defense repaired in short order, but he can only work with what he has right now.

This season, the Spartans' offense is going to have to lead the way. A bowl berth would mark 2021 as a successful campaign.

NC St: They have a lot of talent but good D's give them lots of trouble and play right into our Turnover style D.

NC State Wolfpack Biggest Key: Offense

Enough with all of the turnovers. The talent is there on offense, but the mistakes have to stop after giving up the ball 40 times in the last 21 games. Not surprisingly, the Wolfpack are 1-6 the last seven times they turned it over three times or more, and 3-9 when they give it up more than once.

The offensive line hasn’t been great in pass protection, but that’s only part of the problem. Fumbles, ill-timed interceptions – as opposed to the well-timed ones – and too many big errors have been a killer. The team fell off the map in 2019 when it started ******** up, and last year it went 6-1 when it gave it up fewer than twice.

Pitt: This will be a dogfight. They have a average running game that has hurt them offensively. This is a tossup but I like our chances. Mallory should have a Big game IMO.

Virginia Tech: I think this game sets up to be another Smackdown at the Rock! They lost their starting QB & RB that produced 90% of their yards on the ground. That's a Huge loss.

Virginia Tech Hokies Biggest Key: Offense​

Keep the running game going without Khalil Herbert. The offensive line should be fine with a little time – even if the depth has to rise up – but there won’t be the rushing production at quarterback with Braxton Burmeister taking over. He’ll take off and be dangerous, but he won’t be Hendon Hooker running.

The combination of Jalen Holston and Raheem Blackshear should be great if the openings are there, but if last year was any indication, the production has to be massive for the Hokies to win.

VT D:
The pass defense has to be a whole lot better. Not having Caleb Farley around didn’t help, but there was still more than enough talent in plays to be stronger than it was last year, especially with one of the ACC’s best pass rushes to help the cause.

The safeties are good, the corners are fine, and there’s enough talent and depth to not allow 266 yards per game. There were several big games with two interceptions or more in four games – winning all four of them – and just three picks over the other seven games.

Anything and everything that happened in the 2020 season is forgivable, but it feels like the program has – for lack of a better way to put it – stalled.

Everything started out well under Justin Fuente. The Hokies got to the ACC Championship in 2016, won 19 games in his first two seasons and finished in the top two in the Coastal in three of the first four years, but the 2019 season ended with a loss to Virginia and a second straight bowl defeat, 2020 happened, and now the program has dropped eight of its last 13 games.

You are what your record is, and Virginia Tech has had two losing seasons in the last three. The last time it did that was in the 1991 and 1992 campaigns.

So with all that I think you're way off and/or trolling!
You sunshine pumpers are like fu@kin' bacteria, every cotdamm year its "we better go no worst then 10-2 with this pussfied schedule" then to proceed to 7-6, 6-7 and 8-3.

And thanks for that Michigan St Op-Ed cause nothing says CIS kiss of death like "Man that team sucked last year we're gonna beat the brakes off them" then proceed to getting out *** whipped by that team

Advertisement
Back