Year 1 expectations for Butch and his staff

I love it. I love the Butch fan boys backing off their fervent support now that Butch has to put up.

This group went from saying "pass" on guys like Chip, Gundy, and Mullen because "Butch da GAWD" had no equal outside of Saban and Meyer, but now they're sweating when we expect da GAWD to win his division with a stud QB and a loaded defense.

Coward *** nlggas.

Retweet

Advertisement
My guess, we don't hit double digit wins til year three or four when Butch stacks the roster and has seasoned vets. Is that failure? who knows but that was common knowledge to those that were arguing against Butch. We knew he needed a loaded roster to win.

But if you made Butch into a god then don't back down now. People clamoring for 10 wins with a junior stud QB, loaded Dline and good receivers isn't unrealistic especially in the division we play.

Hahaha oh look, the guy who wanted another MAC coach is butthurt.

Butch is on record saying this team is talented in spots, especially at quarterback, but we need better players on the defensive line. Luckily, that's Butch's specialty.

Nobody does defensive lines like Butch Davis

I didn't want Butch, and one of the reasons why is because he has to stack the roster to win big. I don't know why people are expecting a quick turnaround.

Only way I see that is if a philosophy change on defense turns us into a stout unit, but that could be offset by losing our top 3 CBs, and our best pass rusher.

This isn't a quick fix...

it would have been with an elite innovative offensive coach.

Instead we'll be losing to FSU and ND and wondering why the next Dalvin Cook doesn't wanna come here despite seeing a corny documentary.

Corny doumentary? Are you even a fan?
Yeah, Butch never recruited players like Cook. (Clinton, Willis, Frank)
Too long ago? How about Todd Gurley who wanted to go to UNC and play for Butch Davis. Nah, we won't get guys like Cook...

How many times did Butch beat Virginia Tech and FSU when he had the the likes of James Jackson, Edge, Clinton, Reggie, Santana, Morgan, Starks, Reed, Blades on his roster? Guy had to have them be fully grown NFL players before he could get it done. Thats the concern. Will he hire coordinators that speed up the development of those talented kids where they don't have to clear future pro bowlers before he wins big?

WTF?

The Noles and Hokies played for the NC in 1999 as 11-0 teams. The Noles were NC runner up in 1998 (played the NC without Wienke). Butch had his game day issues but not 23-2 beating FSU isn't one of them.

This fan base is full of faqqots!

So Butch is a failure in year 1 if he doesn't win ten and gets in the Championship game?

You bunch of disloyal ******** rather see him fail than to see the U back to its glory, just so you can say, I told you so.

A lot of you are gonna be eating crow and liking it.

Dumb bich actually believes that people that preferred some one else, wants Butch to fail.. I doubt anyone wants Butch to fail, I don't. Butch failing means Miami sucking, again.

Man, shut yo dumb *** up!

Do you comprehend the English language?

A bunch of these posters are butt-hurt that their "guy" wasn't picked. Saying the dude had to win 10 and the Coastal his first year is definitely hating on the dude.

I think he can win 10 if several guys stay. Like Stacy Coley, Burns, Elder, Quan, Grace, etc..

If we lose these dudes, it's gonna be tough, even with great coaching. VT just got a lot better with the Fuente hiring. FSU is always loaded and Clemson as well.

Remember, he has to change the whole ****** culture that Folden contaminated our program with. I think he can do it, but only time will tell.

My guess, we don't hit double digit wins til year three or four when Butch stacks the roster and has seasoned vets. Is that failure? who knows but that was common knowledge to those that were arguing against Butch. We knew he needed a loaded roster to win.

But if you made Butch into a god then don't back down now. People clamoring for 10 wins with a junior stud QB, loaded Dline and good receivers isn't unrealistic especially in the division we play.

As long as he can actually stack the roster, I can wait. I didn't mind al taking a few years, I minded him not getting anywhere.

Advertisement
9 regular seasons wins and a bowl win would be a succesful first year. I think the defense has ALOT of chamges to be made. Just gotta have reasonable expectations. But in reality, i dont think it matters if we win 7 or 8 games, because year 2 and 3 is when we will see a huge improvement.

Lol let them bytch they r mad, theres nothing theres bytching can do let dem pound dem screens and keyboards whilw we laugh

Just a reminder, Miami plays in the ACC Coastal, the weakest division in all of P5 conferences.

10 wins and the ACC CG is realistic every year.

I didn't want Butch, and one of the reasons why is because he has to stack the roster to win big. I don't know why people are expecting a quick turnaround.

Only way I see that is if a philosophy change on defense turns us into a stout unit, but that could be offset by losing our top 3 CBs, and our best pass rusher.

This isn't a quick fix...

it would have been with an elite innovative offensive coach.

Instead we'll be losing to FSU and ND and wondering why the next Dalvin Cook doesn't wanna come here despite seeing a corny documentary.

Corny doumentary? Are you even a fan?
Yeah, Butch never recruited players like Cook. (Clinton, Willis, Frank)
Too long ago? How about Todd Gurley who wanted to go to UNC and play for Butch Davis. Nah, we won't get guys like Cook...

How many times did Butch beat Virginia Tech and FSU when he had the the likes of James Jackson, Edge, Clinton, Reggie, Santana, Morgan, Starks, Reed, Blades on his roster? Guy had to have them be fully grown NFL players before he could get it done. Thats the concern. Will he hire coordinators that speed up the development of those talented kids where they don't have to clear future pro bowlers before he wins big?

WTF?

The Noles and Hokies played for the NC in 1999 as 11-0 teams. The Noles were NC runner up in 1998 (played the NC without Wienke). Butch had his game day issues but not 23-2 beating FSU isn't one of them.

23-2? He was 2-10 combined in 6 seasons vs those two teams. Virginia Tech wasn't more talented in 95,96,97(that VT team finished 7-5), or 98. Frank Beamer owned him and there really isn't any reason for it other than the obvious.

Advertisement
Funny how I watched two kids, Benjamin and Duke, lighting it up in the NFL tonight, who were called "overrated" and "soft" when they didn't win big here.

My expectation is that an elite coach should be able to win with the vast amount of talented players we have at Miami, year after year without even trying. The old "he needs his guys" excuse doesn't fly. It shouldn't have with Randy and Al. It didn't with Muschamp or Hoke. It doesn't with Charlie Weak. And it certainly won't with Butch.

Funny how I watched two kids, Benjamin and Duke, lighting it up in the NFL tonight, who were called "overrated" and "soft" when they didn't win big here.

My expectation is that an elite coach should be able to win with the vast amount of talented players we have at Miami, year after year without even trying. The old "he needs his guys" excuse doesn't fly. It shouldn't have with Randy and Al. It didn't with Muschamp or Hoke. It doesn't with Charlie Weak. And it certainly won't with Butch.

Depends on if the new coach is a guy with a system in search of players, or a guy who adapts his system to the players he's got (and is likely to get). I wouldn't go so far as to say "without trying", but if al and/or scott can win 8-9 games, then whoever we hire better be good for 10 by year 2. This isn't a very deep team, but it's not the mess Butch walked into. The first time.

So Butch is a failure in year 1 if he doesn't win ten and gets in the Championship game?

You bunch of disloyal ******** rather see him fail than to see the U back to its glory, just so you can say, I told you so.

Dumb bich actually believes that people that preferred some one else, wants Butch to fail.. I doubt anyone wants Butch to fail, I don't. Butch failing means Miami sucking, again.

A bunch of these posters are butt-hurt that their "guy" wasn't picked. Saying the dude had to win 10 and the Coastal his first year is definitely hating on the dude.

I think he can win 10 if several guys stay. Like Stacy Coley, Burns, Elder, Quan, Grace, etc..

If we lose these dudes, it's gonna be tough, even with great coaching. VT just got a lot better with the Fuente hiring. FSU is always loaded and Clemson as well.

Remember, he has to change the whole ****** culture that Folden contaminated our program with. I think he can do it, but only time will tell.

My Lord your list of if they come back or don't is dumb as ****. It's posts like yours that clearly demonstrate who is just a fan of this team and who is a fan of college football along with whatever team.

Stacy Coley isn't going anywhere. He hasn't shown himself to be anything but a very late round pick if picked at all.

Burns is late first or early second. He's gone.

Elder is mid late to late on measurables. He needs more production to think about moving his stock up in the draft. He'd be a fool to not come back.

Quran, please....not drafted.

Grace, please....not drafted.

Etc....there aren't any other leave early players unless they're completely devoid of brain material.

So VT is going to be tough in year one with Fuentes and we won't be?

FSU will be the conference champ, but we don't play Clemson.

We won 8, possibly 9 this year, with a horrible coach and staff. You really don't expect a win or two better this upcoming season?

Oh, change the culture b.s. some along with you are spewing. Well, Golden went out the door and we lost one game....albeit in grand fashion. If you don't expect more, then we hired the wrong guy.

Oh, change the culture b.s. some along with you are spewing. Well, Golden went out the door and we lost one game....albeit in grand fashion. If you don't expect more, then we hired the wrong guy.

We won't accept lowered expectations until the guy we've turned into a gawd gets the job. Now that he has it expecting success in year 1 is going too far.

Advertisement

My Lord your list of if they come back or don't is dumb as ****. It's posts like yours that clearly demonstrate who is just a fan of this team and who is a fan of college football along with whatever team.

Stacy Coley isn't going anywhere. He hasn't shown himself to be anything but a very late round pick if picked at all.

Elder is mid late to late on measurables. He needs more production to think about moving his stock up in the draft. He'd be a fool to not come back.

Etc....there aren't any other leave early players unless they're completely devoid of brain material.

We won 8, possibly 9 this year, with a horrible coach and staff. You really don't expect a win or two better this upcoming season?

Pretty much spot on. I'll add that while it's not necessarily a failure if Butch/whoever wins fewer than 10 games next year, it's fair to expect 10 wins. ****, there were a few people talking about 10+ wins before this season started, and that was with a proven failure of a HC.

I expect more. In just not blind.

I ain't gonna fly of the handle if he doesn't win 10 his first year. Can he? Sure. Will he? That is yet to be seen.

By the way, you don't know who is staying or leaving.

When Golden came in a bunch of dudes that weren't ready for the league declared against advice from people in the know.

If a kid wants out, he won't listen to advice. The fact is that any of the aforementioned could end up declaring for the draft. Only time will tell.

I expect more. In just not blind.

I ain't gonna fly of the handle if he doesn't win 10 his first year. Can he? Sure. Will he? That is yet to be seen.

By the way, you don't know who is staying or leaving.

When Golden came in a bunch of dudes that weren't ready for the league declared against advice from people in the know.

If a kid wants out, he won't listen to advice. The fact is that any of the aforementioned could end up declaring for the draft. Only time will tell.

You spent the last several months flooding this board about how Butch is the best coach for Miami, the man who should be credited for all the successes since JJ. And yet, this master of coaching, this beacon of college football, can't take an 8 or 9 win team and win 10 games?

Advertisement
Butch Davis will have a John Harbaugh like effect next year on Miami. Canes go 11-1 losing to ND close. FSU's streak will end in 2016 in the renovated SunLife Stadium.

Expectations too high. Step back before forward I think
He has to clean up Golden's mess and get rid of Golden's culture around this team. We need much better lineman on both sides of the ball. I want to see what that Pillsbury Doughboy Gal looks like in the fall....if Butch doesn't ask him to transfer.

Expectations too high. Step back before forward I think
He has to clean up Golden's mess and get rid of Golden's culture around this team. We need much better lineman on both sides of the ball. I want to see what that Pillsbury Doughboy Gal looks like in the fall....if Butch doesn't ask him to transfer.

We've proven that an elite coach doesn't need very long to change that culture. Sounds like a built in excuse, much like what has been said for Corch Strong, Golden, Hoke, etc etc etc......win next year or GTFO

Advertisement
Back