Year 1 expectations for Butch and his staff

Expectations too high. Step back before forward I think
He has to clean up Golden's mess and get rid of Golden's culture around this team. We need much better lineman on both sides of the ball. I want to see what that Pillsbury Doughboy Gal looks like in the fall....if Butch doesn't ask him to transfer.

We've proven that an elite coach doesn't need very long to change that culture. Sounds like a built in excuse, much like what has been said for Corch Strong, Golden, Hoke, etc etc etc......win next year or GTFO

You're on your own there, buddy. Nobody agrees with you.

Advertisement
Expectations too high. Step back before forward I think
He has to clean up Golden's mess and get rid of Golden's culture around this team. We need much better lineman on both sides of the ball. I want to see what that Pillsbury Doughboy Gal looks like in the fall....if Butch doesn't ask him to transfer.

We've proven that an elite coach doesn't need very long to change that culture. Sounds like a built in excuse, much like what has been said for Corch Strong, Golden, Hoke, etc etc etc......win next year or GTFO

Theyre gonna win 9 games this year with all this craziness going on. You bring butch in with a real OC/DC & real position coaches I think you have a legit chance at the Acc Championship next year with Kaaya at the helm. Just my opinion.

I expect Ken Dorsey as OC and Steve Walsh as QB coach.

We need that IMG pipeline.

Advertisement
Not sure what I expect as a win total but I want to see a much tougher team physically and mentally. I want to see the lines getting at it offense and defense.

Butch Davis will have a John Harbaugh like effect next year on Miami. Canes go 11-1 losing to ND close. FSU's streak will end in 2016 in the renovated SunLife Stadium.

lol says it all about the intellect of these fans

Hey, I'll tell you what. Since you know so much about coaching and Butch sucks so bad, why don't you coach the team.

Then when the Canes go 0-12, we can make sure that your *** is perma-banned from anything Canes related.

Disrespecting a guy with the pedigree of Butch Davis just to try to be right is just just plain classless and stupid.

We all know that the man has his faults, but so does every other coach.

Our practices will once again be tough. Our D will play aggressive and attack all day. Our offense and special teams will be greatly improved.

Advertisement
I fully expect 10 wins, if not more.

He's going to motivate the **** out of these kids, especially the defensive players who have been mired in this passive bull**** for the last 5 years. They are going to bust their assess in the spring and all off-season, and unleash on opposing quarterbacks. It will be fun to watch this defense next year.

The key to the offense will be pulling in one or two JUCO OLs. I'm confident Butch will get that done.

Depends on how many defense guys stay and if we can bring in some guys that will help from day 1 on the lines

I think 10 wins are reasonable. First, Va Tech and North Carolina lose their starting quarterbacks. Second, Butch should go back to a 4-3, which he can either add weight to Chad Thomas, and move him inside to tackle, or make him lose weight, and move him back to end. I think if Elder comes back, then you would have Jackson, Redwine and Elder as your corners.

Move Darling to RT, and Njoku would be a inline TE like Shockey was. If Coley stay, then you would have Cager and Coley on the outside with Bruce in the slot. Still need a RB back with speed, but this isn't some 4 year fix for Butch. He would need to add some pieces thru recruiting, but the cupboard isn't fully bare either.

10 wins is my expectations. Honestly should've won 10 games this year as we should've beat FSU and Cincy.

Advertisement
9-10 wins, win the coastal, play in a bowl that half *** matters, and kill on the recruiting trail.

No cloud, no up and coming temple ***, no radios. Nothing holding this program back anymore except the program itself.

people that r saying ten wins r mostly the ones who didnt want him because one they want to turn on him as fast as they can. two they want to be right for once because lawd knows they were wrong about us not getting butch back. miami finally listened to the majority of its fanbase all year

Advertisement
10 wins is my expectations. Honestly should've won 10 games this year as we should've beat FSU and Cincy.

Yeap. We should have at worse the second best QB in the ACC. We need to add some players who can give us a pass rush, but again, cupboard isn't bare. We don't have old Miami talent, but we have more talent than most teams on our schedule.

Y'all lunching, he has to recruit and develop a line on both sides of the ball first. Change the entire S&C program, and worry about depth from people leaving early. I think we take a step back in year 1, and dont see the real fruit until year 3.
YES!!! just in time for him to turn 70 years old!

I expect to begin the process of eradicating the FHEGGOTRY that has a deep hold on this team. not sure how long it will take to get rid of it completely.

the defense could be pretty good but we will lose a lot in the secondary and dont really have the talent to replace Bush, Elder, and possibly Burns (hope he stays)

Spy on Dalvin Cook. Hit him every play including water breaks. That's how we beat FSU.

Advertisement
Back