Year 1 expectations for Butch and his staff

If he doesn't win the Coastal in year 1 he'll be a total failure.

Nah, bro. The culture in the program has to be changed. The inevitable 2016 loss to GT in Atlanta will be the fault of all the soft guys on D that Golden recruited.

The cult is getting their excuses ready as we speak. Dwinstitties has been pounding the Butch drum almost as hard as Archer, and he's already making excuses why we shouldn't win the Coastal next year.

I been said this roster is *** dont get it fked up. U mad as **** so u like a lil female wit ur legs open gettin thrashed. Calm down like nikka we rooting fo da same team lol.........and everyone has an opinion period and this roster most these players wouldnt even be on a butch team.

U guys think the roster is great me and what my eyes see is a slow *** roster. Are these miami recievers? Coley thats it. Are these miami OL 0....is this a miami backfield with speed? 0
R these miami linebackers beside grace? Are these miami db running 4.7's? Is this a miami dl with weak *** dts?

This my opinion it would take awhile the only one who would win instantly with a dt qb was chip but he wouldnt win a title cuz he cant coach d. So im not expecting anytjing till a roster overhaul.

Like I said, you're getting the excuses lined up. This roster was good enough to be coachless half the year and go 8-4. If this dude can coach, he's gotta be at least 2 wins better than a coachless team.
****, people that clamored for Butch so hard gotta think winning ten is realistic. That's a real pickle they've got themselves in. You can't build up a guy to the degree they did and then say 10 wins is out of reach. Doesn't work that way

Advertisement
This fan base is full of faqqots!

So Butch is a failure in year 1 if he doesn't win ten and gets in the Championship game?

You bunch of disloyal ******** rather see him fail than to see the U back to its glory, just so you can say, I told you so.

A lot of you are gonna be eating crow and liking it.

I didn't want Butch, and one of the reasons why is because he has to stack the roster to win big. I don't know why people are expecting a quick turnaround.

Only way I see that is if a philosophy change on defense turns us into a stout unit, but that could be offset by losing our top 3 CBs, and our best pass rusher.

This isn't a quick fix...

it would have been with an elite innovative offensive coach.

Instead we'll be losing to FSU and ND and wondering why the next Dalvin Cook doesn't wanna come here despite seeing a corny documentary.

Corny doumentary? Are you even a fan?
Yeah, Butch never recruited players like Cook. (Clinton, Willis, Frank)
Too long ago? How about Todd Gurley who wanted to go to UNC and play for Butch Davis. Nah, we won't get guys like Cook...

How many times did Butch beat Virginia Tech and FSU when he had the the likes of James Jackson, Edge, Clinton, Reggie, Santana, Morgan, Starks, Reed, Blades on his roster? Guy had to have them be fully grown NFL players before he could get it done. Thats the concern. Will he hire coordinators that speed up the development of those talented kids where they don't have to be clear future pro bowlers before he wins big?

Last edited:
Nah, bro. The culture in the program has to be changed. The inevitable 2016 loss to GT in Atlanta will be the fault of all the soft guys on D that Golden recruited.

The cult is getting their excuses ready as we speak. Dwinstitties has been pounding the Butch drum almost as hard as Archer, and he's already making excuses why we shouldn't win the Coastal next year.

I been said this roster is *** dont get it fked up. U mad as **** so u like a lil female wit ur legs open gettin thrashed. Calm down like nikka we rooting fo da same team lol.........and everyone has an opinion period and this roster most these players wouldnt even be on a butch team.

U guys think the roster is great me and what my eyes see is a slow *** roster. Are these miami recievers? Coley thats it. Are these miami OL 0....is this a miami backfield with speed? 0
R these miami linebackers beside grace? Are these miami db running 4.7's? Is this a miami dl with weak *** dts?

This my opinion it would take awhile the only one who would win instantly with a dt qb was chip but he wouldnt win a title cuz he cant coach d. So im not expecting anytjing till a roster overhaul.

Like I said, you're getting the excuses lined up. This roster was good enough to be coachless have the year and go 8-4. If this dude can coach, he's gotta be at least 2 wins better than a coachless team.

The whole premise for BBB was he was simply going to overwhelm the college football world with talent. Because Jimbo and Dabo won't ever get any players now that Butch is on the scene. Why you seem to think that Xs and Os are important is beyond me. So to expect Butch to beat anybody who he doesn't have a significant talent advantage over is silly. Year one isn't the year to expect anything from Butch. Year 3 or 4 is the year. Once the loss streak to FSU is nearing a decade we can expect Butch to start striking fear into the college football world.

So u saying we have to wait till dude is 3 yrs away from 70 for Miami in the ACC to strike any fear in the competition....

Expectations: ACC Coastal Champion
Toughest Games: @ND, FSU, UNC, and @VT (assuming UNC doesn't fall off and VT improves Fuente)
Split those games, and win the remainder = 10-2 (expect close games except FAMU, FAU, App State)

8-4 under this staff was a miracle.
Thanks Dabo! (we need a 'dab' emoticon)

Advertisement
I love it. I love the Butch fan boys backing off their fervent support now that Butch has to put up.

This group went from saying "pass" on guys like Chip, Gundy, and Mullen because "Butch da GAWD" had no equal outside of Saban and Meyer, but now they're sweating when we expect da GAWD to win his division with a stud QB and a loaded defense.

Coward *** nlggas.

Like I said, you're getting the excuses lined up. This roster was good enough to be coachless have the year and go 8-4. If this dude can coach, he's gotta be at least 2 wins better than a coachless team.

The whole premise for BBB was he was simply going to overwhelm the college football world with talent. Because Jimbo and Dabo won't ever get any players now that Butch is on the scene. Why you seem to think that Xs and Os are important is beyond me. So to expect Butch to beat anybody who he doesn't have a significant talent advantage over is silly. Year one isn't the year to expect anything from Butch. Year 3 or 4 is the year. Once the loss streak to FSU is nearing a decade we can expect Butch to start striking fear into the college football world.

So u saying we have to wait till dude is 3 yrs away from 70 for Miami in the ACC to strike any fear in the competition....

Don't talk to me. Talk to the guys talking about a major roster rebuild.

Advertisement
I didn't want Butch, and one of the reasons why is because he has to stack the roster to win big. I don't know why people are expecting a quick turnaround.

Only way I see that is if a philosophy change on defense turns us into a stout unit, but that could be offset by losing our top 3 CBs, and our best pass rusher.

Instead we'll be losing to FSU and ND and wondering why the next Dalvin Cook doesn't wanna come here despite seeing a corny documentary.

Too long ago? How about Todd Gurley who wanted to go to UNC and play for Butch Davis. Nah, we won't get guys like Cook...

How many times did Butch beat Virginia Tech and FSU when he had the the likes of James Jackson, Edge, Clinton, Reggie, Santana, Morgan, Starks, Reed, Blades on his roster? Guy had to have them be fully grown NFL players before he could get it done. Thats the concern. Will he hire coordinators that speed up the development of those talented kids where they don't have to clear future pro bowlers before he wins big?

Those weren't scrub teams dude. VT was in the title game in 1998 and FSU won it in 99.

Another thing people should consider is that the coastal will for the first time in a long time be more competitive. VT with Fuente and UNC aren't push overs. We will see.

I like Fuente and Foster, but he is going to need a QB and Foster is going to have to step that defense up.

My guess, we don't hit double digit wins til year three or four when Butch stacks the roster and has seasoned vets. Is that failure? who knows but that was common knowledge to those that were arguing against Butch. We knew he needed a loaded roster to win.

But if you made Butch into a god then don't back down now. People clamoring for 10 wins with a junior stud QB, loaded Dline and good receivers isn't unrealistic especially in the division we play.

How many times did Butch beat Virginia Tech and FSU when he had the the likes of James Jackson, Edge, Clinton, Reggie, Santana, Morgan, Starks, Reed, Blades on his roster? Guy had to have them be fully grown NFL players before he could get it done. Thats the concern. Will he hire coordinators that speed up the development of those talented kids where they don't have to clear future pro bowlers before he wins big?

Those weren't scrub teams dude. VT was in the title game in 1998 and FSU won it in 99.

They played each other in the title game after the 99 season. So like I said. Can we expect Butch and his staff to outcoach and beat a more talented team early on in his tenure or are we gonna have to hope that the guy is so loaded with talent he can't help but win?

Advertisement
This fan base is full of faqqots!

So Butch is a failure in year 1 if he doesn't win ten and gets in the Championship game?

You bunch of disloyal ******** rather see him fail than to see the U back to its glory, just so you can say, I told you so.

A lot of you are gonna be eating crow and liking it.

Dumb bich actually believes that people that preferred some one else, wants Butch to fail.. I doubt anyone wants Butch to fail, I don't. Butch failing means Miami sucking, again.

There is talent to win now. If Larry Scott can win 9 ( counting when we win the bowl game) Butch wins 10. That's my IMO. I think the talent is there, and defense will be the biggest improvement. This isn't the 90's sanctions, and we in rebuild mode. This is similar to Michigan. The talent is there, but the coaching needs to make it work. I say 10 wins, and ACC CG.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back