Yall need to wake up

I don't think anyone is calling to burn it down, or run people out of town. People are a little concerned with what they have seen, and that's completely reasonable. Now if it continues all year, and we lose to FSU, then alarms will sound.
I'm just having a little fun at the mope's expense.

Advertisement
uga yes. Bama does have prolific offenses. they haven't been ground and pound in forever man. once Nick brought Lane in their offenses completely shifted to a modern day offense.
It’s like these people haven’t watched college football in a decade. Alabama scrapped that ground and pound offense ten years ago.

I was watching that game with a Longhorn fan yesterday - Alabama looked mortal, and Ewers looked legit. You could make the argument that Alabama gets lapped if Ewers is not injured - there’s a huge drop off between him and Card.
That’s why they had to take him out with a dirty hit.

Look around college football it's week 2. Man told me Clemson defense is awesome and best in the nation. Furman didn't care, they went 30-39 and gained more overall offense than Clemson. OU was up less than a TD going into the half v Kent St, similar to what we did v Southern Miss before pulling away. App St kept the ball for 41:30 against Texas A&M on the road and beat them. A&M had 97 yards passing and 89 rushing v a team UNC shredded in week 1. Yall seen the game with Bama and Texas, I thought it was gonna be a blow out. ND lost to Marshall at home after celebrating their moral victory v Ohio last week.

There is more examples but I say all that to say this, it's early season, teams are struggling, teams are trying to find their identity. The best teams not only find a way to win, they find away to be better so by week 6, these struggles feel like it happened years ago and they are better for it. Expecting us to be perfect with a new staff when teams with multi year staff and so called more talent are struggling and even losing doesn't make any sense. Some teams are gonna improve , some will get worse. We have to work to get where we wanna be by seasons end. Support the team and enjoy the journey. Making definitive statement about a team and a staff 2 game in is nonsensical to be kind.
Absolutely good post.

Advertisement
tbh if Manny had been the coach yesterday people would be all over it. glad we turned it on the second half thanks to Marios adjustments and ripping at half, but that looked in the first half like the CMU and App State game but this was a worse team
You can't come out like that the rest of the yr...regardless of the team.

Advertisement
also not saying this is the same situation but I do see the same excuses get thrown around every time we have. a new coordinator lol. again not saying this will be like before just find it funny.
I think it’ll be like that. I think people are holding on to the idea that Gattis has some super jazzy plays hidden up his sleeve, and their wrong.

His thing is playing sound, boring football and grinding the other team down. We’ve already seen what he wants to do, people just don’t want to believe it. The good news is that if it works, it will lead to some big plays, but I’m doubtful there’s he’s going to send TVD out there to just go wild.

I’m sure the fans of those other teams that struggled aren’t super happy either. It’s one thing if you’re Clemson who has had 11 straight 10 win seasons, multiple CFP appearances and two national titles. It’s easy not to panic about early season games when your team is consistently great. When your team is consistently mediocre and has no recent track record of success, it’s more concerning.

Every year Miami has had some struggles against a bad team and everyone always says “relax, it’s week two, we still got the win” and then they play an actual good team and get smoked.

Maybe this year is different but if recent history tells us anything, it’s that early season struggles against inferior opponents are a bad omen.

This was the type of game we either eek out or possibly get upset last year. Despite the ugly 1st half reminiscent some of last year we came out and took control in the 2nd. That is what is hopeful with this staff.

I think it’ll be like that. I think people are holding on to the idea that Gattis has some super jazzy plays hidden up his sleeve, and their wrong.

His thing is playing sound, boring football and grinding the other team down. We’ve already seen what he wants to do, people just don’t want to believe it. The good news is that if it works, it will lead to some big plays, but I’m doubtful there’s he’s going to send TVD out there to just go wild.
the issue w this is if you are right, kiss top tier SFL Skill talent goodbye. we've already seen what happened w top WRs down here this cycle. some aren't coming and some wait to see. for anyone who watched the last two weeks, we clearly need a top tier WR talent in here

Advertisement
tbh if Manny had been the coach yesterday people would be all over it. glad we turned it on the second half thanks to Marios adjustments and ripping at half, but that looked in the first half like the CMU and App State game but this was a worse team
This is true but the difference is Manny's staff would not be capable of making the proper adjustments at halftime. Slow starts would doom us and at least, albeit against am inferior opponent, we were able to right the ship.

This is true but the difference is Manny's staff would not be capable of making the proper adjustments at halftime. Slow starts would doom us and at least, albeit against am inferior opponent, we were able to right the ship.
even w the adjustments, that type of game gets us beat by app state. we can't be that pathetic again.

even w the adjustments, that type of game gets us beat by app state. we can't be that pathetic again.
We definitely have to fix it no doubt. Mario alluded to practice habits still not being where they need to yet so work to be done for sure.

Advertisement
We definitely have to fix it no doubt. Mario alluded to practice habits still not being where they need to yet so work to be done for sure.
yeah we didnt execute well but man the offense is gonna be a philosophy thing for me. also, if TVD Is off, Saturday was the perfect game to get him into a rhythm while hes in there and not just rely on the run all game. we can take those chances against southern miss but you work out the kinks in game against a real team. were gonna have to be a 55-45 pass run team imo and a lot of this does change who you land in recruiting. recruits are not sold on Marios offense and by extension gattis. the top SFL WRs told you that. we can't continue to lose them bc of a stylistic issue.

yeah we didnt execute well but man the offense is gonna be a philosophy thing for me. also, if TVD Is off, Saturday was the perfect game to get him into a rhythm while hes in there and not just rely on the run all game. we can take those chances against southern miss but you work out the kinks in game against a real team. were gonna have to be a 55-45 pass run team imo and a lot of this does change who you land in recruiting. recruits are not sold on Marios offense and by extension gattis. the top SFL WRs told you that. we can't continue to lose them bc of a stylistic issue.
I definitely think we need to be 60-40 pass to run ratio going forward. TVD had a bad game. But I'm not worried about him, he can make all the throws, just needs to speed up the decision making a tad and Gattis needs to go a bit more uptempo and play to TVD's strength. If Tyler & the trenches show up next Saturday I like our chances.

I definitely think we need to be 60-40 pass to run ratio going forward. TVD had a bad game. But I'm not worried about him, he can make all the throws, just needs to speed up the decision making a tad and Gattis needs to go a bit more uptempo and play to TVD's strength. If Tyler & the trenches show up next Saturday I like our chances.
agreed. I just hope gattis realizes this isnt cade ******* mcnamera and handicaps tvd. hes got a legit NFL QB on the roster and just let him carry you.

Advertisement
Back