Yall need to wake up

Wake Up Podcast GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Advertisement
I’m sure the fans of those other teams that struggled aren’t super happy either. It’s one thing if you’re Clemson who has had 11 straight 10 win seasons, multiple CFP appearances and two national titles. It’s easy not to panic about early season games when your team is consistently great. When your team is consistently mediocre and has no recent track record of success, it’s more concerning.

Every year Miami has had some struggles against a bad team and everyone always says “relax, it’s week two, we still got the win” and then they play an actual good team and get smoked.

Maybe this year is different but if recent history tells us anything, it’s that early season struggles against inferior opponents are a bad omen.
CHill out. THe coaches actually made adjustements at halftime that worked.

the issue w this is if you are right, kiss top tier SFL Skill talent goodbye. we've already seen what happened w top WRs down here this cycle. some aren't coming and some wait to see. for anyone who watched the last two weeks, we clearly need a top tier WR talent in here
Right, can you explain to me how saban was getting those great WRs back when he was running his slow-*** offense but winning a lot?

I want the ball first next Saturday. And Gattis better do everything remotely possible to bombard them with motion and deception en route to 7…because 7 on the opening drive would get the groans churning and the aTm keysters clenched

Advertisement
Right, can you explain to me how saban was getting those great WRs back when he was running his slow-*** offense but winning a lot?
you know the charger theory right? he also saw that what worked int he past wouldn't work anymore as the rules skewed towards offense. he adapted and hired lane. it changed what they've been doing on offense ever since and they've been landing more and more elite skill guys (more since the transition than before and sending multiple WRs to the first round and sent two QBs in the first round which they haven't done prior to that)

Bama is not the only litmus to win a title. UGA offense was not some open attack. They ran the ball and hit big plays. That's what missing from us, big plays on the ground, no Chaney, Rooster or Citizen so far and not enough shots in the passing game to see what we got at WR. This idea that there is only 1 way to win titles is stupid. Even that Ohio title team was alot of running with the RB and QB. There are alot of wide open attacks that ain't doing squat. U need players to tell if an offense is effective or not. Lashlee offense feasted on bad opponents and famine against good ones. Couldn't run the ball but man act like we diced up everyone. Stop. Selective memory.

Bama is not the only litmus to win a title. UGA offense was not some open attack. They ran the ball and hit big plays. That's what missing from us, big plays on the ground, no Chaney, Rooster or Citizen so far and not enough shots in the passing game to see what we got at WR. This idea that there is only 1 way to win titles is stupid. Even that Ohio title team was alot of running with the RB and QB. There are alot of wide open attacks that ain't doing squat. U need players to tell if an offense is effective or not. Lashlee offense feasted on bad opponents and famine against good ones. Couldn't run the ball but man act like we diced up everyone. Stop. Selective memory.
what some of us are saying is that right now, we dont have the horses to be ground and pound exclusively and we haven't exactly opened it up to hit the big plays either. were also not running for a large enough pop if thats the offense right now (even against southern miss). the offenses you mentioned (OSU specifically has explosion in it and no one is saying never run the ball lol). UGA lost one of their best returning receivers after winning a title to bama and they lost a first round QB to a transfer for the same reason. Mario is recruiting the OL to be that but its not there yet and we dont want to waste a season forcing something that isnt built to do it. we've seen coaches do that before. we want them to play tot heir strengths. its fine to do it against southern miss. well see if thats the approach vs a much better team. there isnt one way to win, but to win the way UGA did requires recruiting on the defense to a level we may never get to (bags or otherwise).

Well said OP, well said. I’ve been saying this same exact thing to people I come across lately(In fact, I think I used the phrase “wake up” as well). Everyone needs to stop thinking this is the 80’s or 90’s and the bigger name schools are going to go out and molly-*** lesser schools by 40-50 points like the old days. With the advent of scholarship restrictions, and the fact that there are so many good players coming out of high school now it seems like everyone has a few really talented kids on their squad. The bottom line is if you don’t bring it every week these “lesser opponents” CAN beat you...it happens almost every week now. So, the fact that we’ve won our first two games by a combined score of 100-20 and we still got people out here complaining has me baffled. It hasn’t been perfect, but if I had to give an overall grade so far I’m thinking B+ or A-.

Advertisement
what some of us are saying is that right now, we dont have the horses to be ground and pound exclusively and we haven't exactly opened it up to hit the big plays either. were also not running for a large enough pop if thats the offense right now (even against southern miss). the offenses you mentioned (OSU specifically has explosion in it and no one is saying never run the ball lol). UGA lost one of their best returning receivers after winning a title to bama and they lost a first round QB to a transfer for the same reason. Mario is recruiting the OL to be that but its not there yet and we dont want to waste a season forcing something that isnt built to do it. we've seen coaches do that before. we want them to play tot heir strengths. its fine to do it against southern miss. well see if thats the approach vs a much better team. there isnt one way to win, but to win the way UGA did requires recruiting on the defense to a level we may never get to (bags or otherwise).
UGA had one of the Best offenses in college football last season based on points per drive. We are not just running a ground and pound. Tyler threw 30 passes. If the players dont execute the pass plays to take big shots, does it mean the offense is closed?

Look around college football it's week 2. Man told me Clemson defense is awesome and best in the nation. Furman didn't care, they went 30-39 and gained more overall offense than Clemson. OU was up less than a TD going into the half v Kent St, similar to what we did v Southern Miss before pulling away. App St kept the ball for 41:30 against Texas A&M on the road and beat them. A&M had 97 yards passing and 89 rushing v a team UNC shredded in week 1. Yall seen the game with Bama and Texas, I thought it was gonna be a blow out. ND lost to Marshall at home after celebrating their moral victory v Ohio last week.

There is more examples but I say all that to say this, it's early season, teams are struggling, teams are trying to find their identity. The best teams not only find a way to win, they find away to be better so by week 6, these struggles feel like it happened years ago and they are better for it. Expecting us to be perfect with a new staff when teams with multi year staff and so called more talent are struggling and even losing doesn't make any sense. Some teams are gonna improve , some will get worse. We have to work to get where we wanna be by seasons end. Support the team and enjoy the journey. Making definitive statement about a team and a staff 2 game in is nonsensical to be kind.

a idiot ting dat..

Advertisement
Back