Yall need to wake up

supacane

Senior
Look around college football it's week 2. Man told me Clemson defense is awesome and best in the nation. Furman didn't care, they went 30-39 and gained more overall offense than Clemson. OU was up less than a TD going into the half v Kent St, similar to what we did v Southern Miss before pulling away. App St kept the ball for 41:30 against Texas A&M on the road and beat them. A&M had 97 yards passing and 89 rushing v a team UNC shredded in week 1. Yall seen the game with Bama and Texas, I thought it was gonna be a blow out. ND lost to Marshall at home after celebrating their moral victory v Ohio last week.

There is more examples but I say all that to say this, it's early season, teams are struggling, teams are trying to find their identity. The best teams not only find a way to win, they find away to be better so by week 6, these struggles feel like it happened years ago and they are better for it. Expecting us to be perfect with a new staff when teams with multi year staff and so called more talent are struggling and even losing doesn't make any sense. Some teams are gonna improve , some will get worse. We have to work to get where we wanna be by seasons end. Support the team and enjoy the journey. Making definitive statement about a team and a staff 2 game in is nonsensical to be kind.

Advertisement
Look around college football it's week 2. Man told me Clemson defense is awesome and best in the nation. Furman didn't care, they went 30-39 and gained more overall offense than Clemson. OU was up less than a TD going into the half v Kent St, similar to what we did v Southern Miss before pulling away. App St kept the ball for 41:30 against Texas A&M on the road and beat them. A&M had 97 yards passing and 89 rushing v a team UNC shredded in week 1. Yall seen the game with Bama and Texas, I thought it was gonna be a blow out. ND lost to Marshall at home after celebrating their moral victory v Ohio last week.

There is more examples but I say all that to say this, it's early season, teams are struggling, teams are trying to find their identity. The best teams not only find a way to win, they find away to be better so by week 6, these struggles feel like it happened years ago and they are better for it. Expecting us to be perfect with a new staff when teams with multi year staff and so called more talent are struggling and even losing doesn't make any sense. Some teams are gonna improve , some will get worse. We have to work to get where we wanna be by seasons end. Support the team and enjoy the journey. Making definitive statement about a team and a staff 2 game in is nonsensical to be kind.
Thank you for stating this. You have fools on here ready to turn on Mario and run Gattis outta town based on a slow 1st half start in week 2. GTFOH! These types are the f*****g worst!

Thank you.

I’m sure the fans of those other teams that struggled aren’t super happy either. It’s one thing if you’re Clemson who has had 11 straight 10 win seasons, multiple CFP appearances and two national titles. It’s easy not to panic about early season games when your team is consistently great. When your team is consistently mediocre and has no recent track record of success, it’s more concerning.

Every year Miami has had some struggles against a bad team and everyone always says “relax, it’s week two, we still got the win” and then they play an actual good team and get smoked.

Maybe this year is different but if recent history tells us anything, it’s that early season struggles against inferior opponents are a bad omen.

Advertisement
Well said OP. That being said, there's still reason to be concerned about a few areas, the secondary being one of them. If those guys don't start getting it together it's going to be a long ACC season.....

I personally don't care how the team scores; it's certainly more fun to watch TVD slinging it around but if it takes a ground and pound run game to win, great.

From everything the guys said yesterday post game , I'm encouraged by their attitude and determination to do better. Let's see what happens next week. We're going to get a much different TAMU team than App state got, that's for sure...

I’m sure the fans of those other teams that struggled aren’t super happy either. It’s one thing if you’re Clemson who has had 11 straight 10 win seasons, multiple CFP appearances and two national titles. It’s easy not to panic about early season games when your team is consistently great. When your team is consistently mediocre and has no recent track record of success, it’s more concerning.

Every year Miami has had some struggles against a bad team and everyone always says “relax, it’s week two, we still got the win” and then they play an actual good team and get smoked.

Maybe this year is different but if recent history tells us anything, it’s that early season struggles against inferior opponents are a bad omen.
Clemson was not great last season. Their players don't get credit for what DeShaun Watson, Trevor Lawrence and all their great defenders did. The point is, every season is a new season. Every team even Bama has to find their identity. Sometimes it's struggles out the gate. They find ways to correct the struggles and become better for it. We have to do the same. Fix the issues, remove the players who are not bought in. Elevate players playing well and demote ones who aren't. None of that happens in 2 weeks but we have people drilling the staff for not having all that figured out in 2 weeks. What u did last year doesn't matter.

Advertisement
Clemson was not great last season. Their players don't get credit for what DeShaun Watson, Trevor Lawrence and all their great defenders did. The point is, every season is a new season. Every team even Bama has to find their identity. Sometimes it's struggles out the gate. They find ways to correct the struggles and become better for it. We have to do the same. Fix the issues, remove the players who are not bought in. Elevate players playing well and demote ones who aren't. None of that happens in 2 weeks but we have people drilling the staff for not having all that figured out in 2 weeks. What u did last year doesn't matter.
Compared to Miami, Clemson was incredible last season. But that wasn’t my point. My point was that their long streak of excellence has bought them a little benefit of the doubt. I have no reason to give Miami the benefit of the doubt until they prove that they can have a sub par game against an inferior opponent and improve the next week and throughout the season. If Miami wins next week, this week won’t matter. Until then I’m not just going to assume they’re going to fix the issues.

But yet, there’s a thread already singling the Miami’s OC in game 2…🤔

Well said OP. That being said, there's still reason to be concerned about a few areas, the secondary being one of them. If those guys don't start getting it together it's going to be a long ACC season.....

I personally don't care how the team scores; it's certainly more fun to watch TVD slinging it around but if it takes a ground and pound run game to win, great.

From everything the guys said yesterday post game , I'm encouraged by their attitude and determination to do better. Let's see what happens next week. We're going to get a much different TAMU team than App state got, that's for sure...
The beginning of your statement is the main reason Mario is implementing a ground and pound offense. Basically it shortens the game and protects a putrid secondary that we have right now.

Advertisement
I was watching that game with a Longhorn fan yesterday - Alabama looked mortal, and Ewers looked legit. You could make the argument that Alabama gets lapped if Ewers is not injured - there’s a huge drop off between him and Card.

Supa,
You know better than to speak with reason and sobriety. This CIS board will eat your wisdom for lunch?

Advertisement
Fire This Is Fine GIF

The beginning of your statement is the main reason Mario is implementing a ground and pound offense. Basically it shortens the game and protects a putrid secondary that we have right now.
Not sure when running the ball became this big crime against football man on this site making it. Texas shut alot of Bama offense down in alot of ways yet Bama had a better rushing attack and shut Texas run game down decently and won the game. App St went into A&M and was running the ball against them. If you run the ball and slow down the other team running game u are likely to win the game. When we bring in the hogs on the OL and TE we are recruiting we are gonna punish teams. The ACC won't know what to do with it. Our OL gonna look like UGA, could be the best in the nation.

Advertisement
Back