Yall need to wake up

Advertisement
The biggest thing I'm looking for is to clean up mistakes unrelated to the opponent. The OL looked confused. They weren't passing off as they should, and it let some free-runners get past them. TVD needs to clean up whatever is up with his mechanics. He's not getting the ball to the receivers where they can continue to run. He has been more accurate with that in the past. He's also throwing late and holding the ball longer. DB's need to start high-pointing the ball. DL will need to work on containing the QB this week, and not letting him escape the pocket.

From what I understand, Gattis ran a much more complicated offense at Michigan. I expect to see the playbook open up this week, and Steele's too, for that matter.

I really hope Gattis is a play stealer who adds other guys stuff to his system. Especially things that his players do well.

Some of the stuff Lashlee did shouldn’t be that hard to install and could help us transition to the more complicated stuff in his playbook.

We haven’t really needed it yet so there is no telling. TVD isn’t invincible so an off game isn’t the end of the world. I think we hit stride mid October. Just have to pull out wins til then. Would rather peak late than early.

We’re 7th in the nation in points per game averaging 50 points.

We’re 16th in yards per game.

Our defense gives up 290 yards a game and 10 points.

I know we played 2 easy teams but realistically what more did the mopes want to see?
They want to be titillated!

gladiator-russell-crowe.gif

OTOH, the score was 30-7 and we took the foot off the gas. We gave up a lot of middle field yards and didn't get off the field enough on 3rd down, but their only score was from way out to a top tier receiver no matter what team he is on.
I didn’t see anyone take their foot off the gas. Miami was very much trying to score well into the fourth quarter. They took control of the game with a 14 point third quarter but at no point were they purposely slowing down the game and/or playing the second team.

Advertisement
I didn’t see anyone take their foot off the gas. Miami was very much trying to score well into the fourth quarter. They took control of the game with a 14 point third quarter but at no point were they purposely slowing down the game and/or playing the second team.
They just play slow, consistently. :)

I agree 1000%.. This board is crazy with negative BS. If we have so many people here that can do it better why should we even pay Mario and Gattis? just have a group from CIS to make up a staff right?

Domer moral victory v. OSU? Well, I guess the Catholics believe in moral victories. For me, they lost, period.

As usual, the correct answer isn't "yes, but" it's "yes, and."

Did we win comfortably in game 2 of a new coaching staff's regime, putting up 450 yards while limiting them defensively on the ground? Absolutely.

Did this feel like a typical Manny Diaz win against an inferior opponent, missing opportunities, blowing assignments, racking up penalty yardage and sleepwalking through the first half? Absolutely.

Both can be and are true. We can criticize without falling to hyperbole. And we can enjoy a win without needlessly puffing our chests.

Advertisement
You can't be serious with that stat. You realize we've played a grand total of 2 games, one of which we scored 70 points...?
Flunk math much? How do you get to a 50 point average? Not by scoring 20 points per game.70 + 30=100/2=50

Last edited:
As usual, the correct answer isn't "yes, but" it's "yes, and."

Did we win comfortably in game 2 of a new coaching staff's regime, putting up 450 yards while limiting them defensively on the ground? Absolutely.

Did this feel like a typical Manny Diaz win against an inferior opponent, missing opportunities, blowing assignments, racking up penalty yardage and sleepwalking through the first half? Absolutely.

Both can be and are true. We can criticize without falling to hyperbole. And we can enjoy a win without needlessly puffing our chests.
Exactly. I am not happy with what I am seeing thus far, but I'm not giving up after two games. I'm just not going to sugar coat and make excuses. I'll call it like I see it.

Huh? You saw Garcia right?

Advertisement
The biggest thing I'm looking for is to clean up mistakes unrelated to the opponent. The OL looked confused. They weren't passing off as they should, and it let some free-runners get past them. TVD needs to clean up whatever is up with his mechanics. He's not getting the ball to the receivers where they can continue to run. He has been more accurate with that in the past. He's also throwing late and holding the ball longer. DB's need to start high-pointing the ball. DL will need to work on containing the QB this week, and not letting him escape the pocket.

From what I understand, Gattis ran a much more complicated offense at Michigan. I expect to see the playbook open up this week, and Steele's too, for that matter.

TVD concerned me yesterday, he was really late on a lot of throws vs SoMiss, also not as accurate as we've come to expect

TVD concerned me yesterday, he was really late on a lot of throws vs SoMiss, also not as accurate as we've come to expect
That's him thinking too much, and that's on the coaching staff asking him to do something he's not familiar with. Don't get me wrong, sometimes a player must get out of their comfort zone to grow. However, sometimes the coaches need to see what a player does really well and let him do it.

Advertisement
That's him thinking too much, and that's on the coaching staff asking him to do something he's not familiar with. Don't get me wrong, sometimes a player must get out of their comfort zone to grow. However, sometimes the coaches need to see what a player does really well and let him do it.

agreed, my view is that Gattis this season, had to make this a TVD-friendly offense. If it's not, well...that's on him.

You have to think players, before plays or system IMO

agreed, my view is that Gattis this season, had to make this a TVD-friendly offense. If it's not, well...that's on him.

You have to think players, before plays or system IMO
I will always and forever believe this. Pounding a square peg into a round hole ****es me off when it comes to coaching. These men make way too much money to make stupid, prideful decisions. I'd open up the O, get the D on their heels, then pound it down their throats. I get it, they want to be able to run the ball. We ALL want that. However, when you don't get your star QB into a groove, and that running game sputters, you are screwed. My biggest concern this year is exactly that happening.

Again, we all want us to be tougher up front. We also don't want to see us lose games because our O doesn't click. This slow, plodding O, by nature, will lead to fewer points and fewer possessions. That, by nature, leads to closer games, which leads to potentially more toss ups and losses. Get out there, attack the D, score some points, and let your D tee off.

Comparing us to anyone else is really where the issue is with the fanbase at times. We looked mediocre yesterday. That’s all that matters.

I Don’t care about A&M. I don’t care about the Irish. I care about The Canes putting a good product on the field top to bottom. We didn’t do that against a bad southern miss team. That’s concerning.

Advertisement
Back