Yall need to wake up

Advertisement
Comparing us to anyone else is really where the issue is with the fanbase at times. We looked mediocre yesterday. That’s all that matters.

I Don’t care about A&M. I don’t care about the Irish. I care about The Canes putting a good product on the field top to bottom. We didn’t do that against a bad southern miss team. That’s concerning.
Not comparing us to anyone, am comparing our struggles to pretty much every team struggles, against bad teams. That's why NFL
teams play preseason games. We don't have that luxury. Man on here crying and turning of the staff is what I'm talking about That’s asinine. 2 games in

We trailed to Southern Miss.
We started with a three and out.
We failed to cover the spread.

If that's not enough to burn it all down I don't know what is.

Or maybe we just wait and see. Either/or.
Far too much talent to come out that lethargic...

Advertisement
Well said OP. That being said, there's still reason to be concerned about a few areas, the secondary being one of them. If those guys don't start getting it together it's going to be a long ACC season.....

I personally don't care how the team scores; it's certainly more fun to watch TVD slinging it around but if it takes a ground and pound run game to win, great.

From everything the guys said yesterday post game , I'm encouraged by their attitude and determination to do better. Let's see what happens next week. We're going to get a much different TAMU team than App state got, that's for sure...
Yeah, how horrible, they gave up 7 points. Revamp everything, fire the coaches....and gimme a break!

I’m sure the fans of those other teams that struggled aren’t super happy either. It’s one thing if you’re Clemson who has had 11 straight 10 win seasons, multiple CFP appearances and two national titles. It’s easy not to panic about early season games when your team is consistently great. When your team is consistently mediocre and has no recent track record of success, it’s more concerning.

Every year Miami has had some struggles against a bad team and everyone always says “relax, it’s week two, we still got the win” and then they play an actual good team and get smoked.

Maybe this year is different but if recent history tells us anything, it’s that early season struggles against inferior opponents are a bad omen.

Clemson is without Brent Venables for the first time in 10 seasons. They also lost Tony Elliott to Virginia, two years after losing Jeff Scott to South Florida.

Winds of change blowing for the Tigers and their 10-3 run last year was a house of cards; hardly like Clemson teams of late (even Richt got to 10-3 with that fugazi of a 2017 team.)

Lots of close games against average teams last year (Louisville, FSU, Cuse, BC)—not the dominant powerhouse they have been. Could’ve easily gone 7-6 last year, where they missed the ACC title game for the first time in a lifetime.

Dabo on alert up there as he has Steeter running that offense and Goodwin / Conn on defense; more promoted-from-within, inexperienced coordinators with big shoes to fill and a lot to prove.

This business-as-usual notion isn’t accurate.

We trailed to Southern Miss.
We started with a three and out.
We failed to cover the spread.

If that's not enough to burn it all down I don't know what is.

Or maybe we just wait and see. Either/or.
I don't think anyone is calling to burn it down, or run people out of town. People are a little concerned with what they have seen, and that's completely reasonable. Now if it continues all year, and we lose to FSU, then alarms will sound.

Advertisement
OTOH, the score was 30-7 and we took the foot off the gas. We gave up a lot of middle field yards and didn't get off the field enough on 3rd down, but their only score was from way out to a top tier receiver no matter what team he is on.
They were 5-13 on 3rd downs. They started the game 3-3 so 1-9 the rest. Had the game went in reverse and the bench gave up a td and the offense only managed a fg in the 4th the narrative would be much different.

I’m sure the fans of those other teams that struggled aren’t super happy either. It’s one thing if you’re Clemson who has had 11 straight 10 win seasons, multiple CFP appearances and two national titles. It’s easy not to panic about early season games when your team is consistently great. When your team is consistently mediocre and has no recent track record of success, it’s more concerning.

Every year Miami has had some struggles against a bad team and everyone always says “relax, it’s week two, we still got the win” and then they play an actual good team and get smoked.

Maybe this year is different but if recent history tells us anything, it’s that early season struggles against inferior opponents are a bad omen.
It wasn't a bad game it was a bad half. The team righted itself and that's what you want them to do so it doesn't happen again.

Look around college football it's week 2. Man told me Clemson defense is awesome and best in the nation. Furman didn't care, they went 30-39 and gained more overall offense than Clemson. OU was up less than a TD going into the half v Kent St, similar to what we did v Southern Miss before pulling away. App St kept the ball for 41:30 against Texas A&M on the road and beat them. A&M had 97 yards passing and 89 rushing v a team UNC shredded in week 1. Yall seen the game with Bama and Texas, I thought it was gonna be a blow out. ND lost to Marshall at home after celebrating their moral victory v Ohio last week.

There is more examples but I say all that to say this, it's early season, teams are struggling, teams are trying to find their identity. The best teams not only find a way to win, they find away to be better so by week 6, these struggles feel like it happened years ago and they are better for it. Expecting us to be perfect with a new staff when teams with multi year staff and so called more talent are struggling and even losing doesn't make any sense. Some teams are gonna improve , some will get worse. We have to work to get where we wanna be by seasons end. Support the team and enjoy the journey. Making definitive statement about a team and a staff 2 game in is nonsensical to be kind.
not to mention we are in year 1 of the rebuild - both roster and cultural.

Clemson is without Brent Venables for the first time in 10 seasons. They also lost Tony Elliott to Virginia, two years after losing Jeff Scott to South Florida.

Winds of change blowing for the Tigers and their 10-3 run last year was a house of cards; hardly like Clemson teams of late (even Richt got to 10-3 with that fugazi of a 2017 team.)

Lots of close games against average teams last year (Louisville, FSU, Cuse, BC)—not the dominant powerhouse they have been. Could’ve easily gone 7-6 last year, where they missed the ACC title game for the first time in a lifetime.

Dabo on alert up there as he has Steeter running that offense and Goodwin / Conn on defense; more promoted-from-within, inexperienced coordinators with big shoes to fill and a lot to prove.

This business-as-usual notion isn’t accurate.
They’re still head and shoulders better than the rest of the conference. They have one 10-3 season (which is our best record in over 15 years) and everyone says they’re washed. Yet here they are, ranked 4th. Are they as good as their championship teams? No but they’re still one of the top programs in the country. Their standard is so high that any team that doesn’t make the playoff for them is considered a failure. Meanwhile we’re playing in bowl games in El Paso every year

Advertisement
I will always and forever believe this. Pounding a square peg into a round hole ****es me off when it comes to coaching. These men make way too much money to make stupid, prideful decisions. I'd open up the O, get the D on their heels, then pound it down their throats. I get it, they want to be able to run the ball. We ALL want that. However, when you don't get your star QB into a groove, and that running game sputters, you are screwed. My biggest concern this year is exactly that happening.

Again, we all want us to be tougher up front. We also don't want to see us lose games because our O doesn't click. This slow, plodding O, by nature, will lead to fewer points and fewer possessions. That, by nature, leads to closer games, which leads to potentially more toss ups and losses. Get out there, attack the D, score some points, and let your D tee off.
We saw this with Richt in Kaaya. We beat up 4 ****** teams. Struggled with the next 4. Started letting Kaaya throw to Richards and Berrios and boom 5 straight wins to close the season.

That was the issue thst recruits also have w gattis. Let’s see what we look like next week
they will find any excuse to justify their decision not to play here. they have been going to Bama and Georgia for years and those teams aren't known for throwing it all over the yard.

Advertisement
they will find any excuse to justify their decision not to play here. they have been going to Bama and Georgia for years and those teams aren't known for throwing it all over the yard.
uga yes. Bama does have prolific offenses. they haven't been ground and pound in forever man. once Nick brought Lane in their offenses completely shifted to a modern day offense.

We didn't do what we were supposed to in the first half. We did for the most part in the second half. How much weight you put into either half is up to you. Our QB also had a clear off day which played a part.

Advertisement
Back