Xzavier Henderson Hits the Portal

Advertisement
I think this personal feeling stuff is part of it going back to the brother. It sounds like he was asking Miami for a lot more money than Cinci as well per Brooklyn. If this is all the case then I’m happy we’re going in another direction. He was never worth all of this. He was worth having under the initial conversation regarding not being a bag situation and coming home to work.

Sometimes I swear these SFL guys not only do they not give a hometown discount, they want a hometown premium.

I realize we haven’t given our local fans too much to cheer for in recent history, but there is sometimes an element of disrespect that runs through some of the coaches, street agents, and athletes down here. Not everyone, but I think you know what I mean.

Only one solution, get to where we’re winning big, have a program that exudes professionalism with athletic preparation and top notch support, and we’ll get the respect. Maybe then it will improve.

Sometimes I swear these SFL guys not only do they not give a hometown discount, they want a hometown premium.

I realize we haven’t given our local fans too much to cheer for in recent history, but there is sometimes an element of disrespect that runs through some of the coaches, street agents, and athletes down here. Not everyone, but I think you know what I mean.

Only one solution, get to where we’re winning big, have a program that exudes professionalism with athletic preparation and top notch support, and we’ll get the respect. Maybe then it will improve.

Nailed it. I'm gonna have to steal that phrase...

Very nice...

Our guys are more concerned with the other type of jugs

wet GIF

Assuming that Henderson goes to Cincinnati as I’m seeing Gaby referencing that as what he thinks, I’d be curious to know the difference in NIL offers is notwithstanding starter minute guarantees. Interesting that he would think it’s not much of a consideration to be catching balls from Emory Jones as opposed to TVD. Makes you wonder if he really is trying to get to the league.
Also it should be noted that we’re bidding against Cincinnati & LVille...

2 teams that have brand new coaching staffs; the big dogs aren’t really knocking down his door with offers, that tells you the film review is one that teams who need a WR are not willing to be overpriced for medium production & inconsistent ability.

The only real reason he’s even a potential add for Miami is because he’s from Miami, if he were a kid from anywhere else with the same stats, film & ability he wouldn’t even be in discussion.

Advertisement

It’s just a different culture and environment down there from any place else - look at the betting on these optimist games - and then there’s this weird dynamic where UM is expected to always be at the beckon calling of whoever is down there but they can treat UM with absolute disdain and disrespect and UM is supposed to say thank you, you’re always welcome here. It’s really a ****ed up situation. I’m glad we recruit so nationally now.

Advertisement

This is exactly what's going on, and many of our own "fans" defend it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back