Xzavier Henderson Hits the Portal

Advertisement
Oh right. But basically same though. College -> college. Not even really sure why JUCO is treated differently than the portal now? It’s like the exact same thing.

I hear ya. I would just say that a JuCo guy can sign an LOI, which immediately limits other teams from recruiting him any longer.

"Regular" Portal guys are just verbal commits who ANYONE can continue to recruit even after they give a verbal. At least until they enroll.

Of course, neither of those rules (LOI or enrollment) will stop Coach Neon Slimetime from tampering...

The negotiations are with agents and reps. But initially coaches are the voice of the reps. But that's literally just beginning steps.
Oh ok I wondered how everything works I know this portal takes a while to get used to so much different than high school recruiting

I think you make a valid point about why they - and I’ll just stick with Billy most recently - didn’t use Henderson downfield if he’s better suited for that.

We can’t answer that but I know 3 things about this:

1. He was timed under 4.5 in the 40 - maybe 4.45 - in high school so he can run straight.

2. Their board posted, and it’s screenshotted in Gator Tears, that he was used incorrectly in the short game running some kind of orbit ****; and

3. If he can’t get downfield then he shouldn’t even be playing based on the clips we saw of him in practice running drills yet there he was out there in games expected to make dudes miss in a short area.

So, he might suck going downfield, but if that’s the case then his coach is a coRch for playing him in the short game like that’s going to be better.
He ran a 4.55 high school 40 time.

I'm not going to say that the gator coaches, or at least Billy Napier are particularly great offensive masterminds. (Although Mullen is pretty well respected) I'm just of the opinion that Henderson is a very average college receiver and frankly, he's done nothing on the field that says otherwise. Would he be welcome depth that could push for starting minutes? Probably. Is he any type of game changer? Not at all.

I'm not going to say that the gator coaches, or at least Billy Napier are particularly great offensive masterminds. (Although Mullen is pretty well respected) I'm just of the opinion that Henderson is a very average college receiver and frankly, he's done nothing on the field that says otherwise. Would he be welcome depth that could push for starting minutes? Probably. Is he any type of game changer? Not at all.
We need someone who can do for TVD what Philip Dorsett did for Steven Morris.

Advertisement

That 40 time was from The Opening. He also ran an 11.06 in the 100 in track competition.

I don't think anyone has said Xzavier would be a "game-changer".

Henderson ain’t that guy
I mean I know he’s not Dorsett. There isn’t a Dorsett out there for us as far as I know. So the question is whether he can play that role to enough of an extent to stretch the field and help open up things underneath???

Advertisement
He had drops. We were also a lot closer to 2001 then so our expectations weren’t as beaten down then as they have been now. Fast forward past all the coRching and recruiting fails and we’d kill to have Dorsett on this team.
Hopefully the room elevates to an even higher level.

Advertisement
I hear ya. I would just say that a JuCo guy can sign an LOI, which immediately limits other teams from recruiting him any longer.

"Regular" Portal guys are just verbal commits who ANYONE can continue to recruit even after they give a verbal. At least until they enroll.

Of course, neither of those rules (LOI or enrollment) will stop Coach Neon Slimetime from tampering...
Ph D, Juco

Hire me bro!

Assuming that Henderson goes to Cincinnati as I’m seeing Gaby referencing that as what he thinks, I’d be curious to know the difference in NIL offers is notwithstanding starter minute guarantees. Interesting that he would think it’s not much of a consideration to be catching balls from Emory Jones as opposed to TVD. Makes you wonder if he really is trying to get to the league.

Advertisement
I haven’t paid attention for many pages now. If it made sense, I was all for giving the kid a shot as we need a WR that will stretch defenses vertically. If it isn’t this guy, I’m not losing any sleep. You don’t over pay for a guy that most likely is mediocre even if he helps us.

Assuming that Henderson goes to Cincinnati as I’m seeing Gaby referencing that as what he thinks, I’d be curious to know the difference in NIL offers is notwithstanding starter minute guarantees. Interesting that he would think it’s not much of a consideration to be catching balls from Emory Jones as opposed to TVD. Makes you wonder if he really is trying to get to the league.
Kids are what they are kids, they are young, dumb, and short sighted. He may very well think Emory is a top tier QB and if Cincy offered the same or more, he may just like that set up more.

Have to add in the personal feelings issue that goes back some no? ****ed off people don't always make wise decisions.

Have to add in the personal feelings issue that goes back some no? ****ed off people don't always make wise decisions.
I think this personal feeling stuff is part of it going back to the brother. It sounds like he was asking Miami for a lot more money than Cinci as well per Brooklyn. If this is all the case then I’m happy we’re going in another direction. He was never worth all of this. He was worth having under the initial conversation regarding not being a bag situation and coming home to work.

Advertisement
Back