Xavier Restrepo--This man gonna be our next Honeynut.

Advertisement
Being fair to brax, while I'll say x has been a better player for us. I will say emphatically x benefited from a real staff and real qb play while brax ehh not so much. Brax has better hands and x is more of a play maker. More heart. Very similar otherwise.
Better hands?!
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Totally different players. I am from NC and called berrios being a stud when he came in. I was laughed at by people and they continued to laugh for 3 years. Berrios played QB because their team didn't have one and he was the best player on the field. He ran the ball non stop.

Perhaps you can take some comfort in the fact that that was happening irrespective of your opinion on Berrios.
For old times' sake...

Better hands?!
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago
Maybe it's just me not putting much thought into brax,but I don't remember him dropping anything. That's why we put him at punt returner. Maybe just cause it's fresher in my mind but I remember x dropping passes last year a few times. I'm sure it's comparable but that's what I remember off top.

No.
X is much bigger, is a low 4.5 forty guy and is way harder to tackle in space.
Right. I think people think Berrios was a better athlete because he was quick, maybe even very quick (didn’t he get some crazy shuttle score in HS?), and X looks a little bigger (b/c he is) and maybe not as quick. But he’s still plenty agile and—the point here—there are a range of other important metrics, and X brings a lot to the table in terms of what comprises athleticism.

Advertisement
Maybe it's just me not putting much thought into brax,but I don't remember him dropping anything. That's why we put him at punt returner. Maybe just cause it's fresher in my mind but I remember x dropping passes last year a few times. I'm sure it's comparable but that's what I remember off top.
He didn't drop much if anything here. But he also had like half the targets, so tie should probably go to X.

Right. I think people think Berrios was a better athlete because he was quick, maybe even very quick (didn’t he get some crazy shuttle score in HS?), and X looks a little bigger (b/c he is) and maybe not as quick. But he’s still plenty agile and—the point here—there are a range of other important metrics, and X brings a lot to the table in terms of what comprises athleticism.
Berrios' Broad jump was the only thing stopping him from posting a good to very good athleticism score. Relatively given his size I'd say he is just an okay athlete though. At 5'8" he definitely has great agility, but that should be the case. And his speed is mostly just average to maybe slightly above average for his weight. And short arms and small hands.

But I doubt X will perform as good for agility and speed drills. He may perform better in the Jumps though. And He's going to be bigger.

Advertisement
He reminds me of Daryl Jones. Good locker room guy, effort, not as fast but still sneaky fast, easy to like unless your just a weirdo. I hope he takes another step forward. That would be awesome to watch.

He didn't drop much if anything here. But he also had like half the targets, so tie should probably go to X.
That was exactly why I explained in another post that we'd look at x as the better player but it wasn't exactly aplles to apples. From a coaching,talent and schematic equation x benefitted far more than brax did. I'll stick to just simply talking about better hands I think brax got that. Not necessarily anything else but hands he got.

. X has benefited from a better offensive scheme and a better qb
Berrios played three seasons with our all time leading passer. Who was also his roommate. It’s weird that he didn’t break out until Rosier took over.

He reminds me of Daryl Jones. Good locker room guy, effort, not as fast but still sneaky fast, easy to like unless you’re just a weirdo. I hope he takes another step forward. That would be awesome to watch.
Daryl Jones won multiple track championships. He might have been the fastest guy on that team full of fast guys.

Advertisement
Berrios played three seasons with our all time leading passer. Who was also his roommate. It’s weird that he didn’t break out until Rosier took over.
Berrios wasn't entrenched as a full time starter until his last year when Rosier started in '17. Remember, Berrios couldn't stay healthy his first couple of years here and wasn't really producing until that '17 season.

Berrios wasn't entrenched as a full time starter until his last year when Rosier started in '17. Remember, Berrios couldn't stay healthy his first couple of years here and wasn't really producing until that '17 season.
I don’t remember him having injury issues. He never played fewer than 11 games in a season. Now, granted until 2017 he was behind some talented receivers. Once Stacy Coley graduated and Ahmmon Richards got hurt, he was our only real option. Lawrence Cager couldn’t catch and Darryl Langham couldn’t run.

Advertisement
I don’t remember him having injury issues. He never played fewer than 11 games in a season. Now, granted until 2017 he was behind some talented receivers. Once Stacy Coley graduated and Ahmmon Richards got hurt, he was our only real option. Lawrence Cager couldn’t catch and Darryl Langham couldn’t run.
Berrios tore his ACL in the Under Armour game, didn't realize it, and still played on it and scored a TD. He didn't find out about the ACL tear until he got to campus and did his physical, IIRC

Berrios has had good moments but has never taken over games the way X has.
He's never made some of the spectacular catches X has. X is winning 50/50 balls at 5'10". He's definitely never embarrassed DB's the way X has. Berrios would often trip over his own feet while trying to get YAC. Even now when you watch him in the NFL, he can't make anybody miss. Berrios has had a nice career fueled by hard work, reliability and coachability... and that's respectable. That's his niche.

Let's not forget X is the only one who showed up versus Alabama (scored a TD) and the only one who was even trying (maybe too hard) versus Clemson when they blew us out.

He's much bigger... much stronger... and his route running is some of the best in the country.

We're talking about a kid who is breaking reception records and strength records at THE University of Miami.

How is this even a real discussion?
Cause they're both short and white? Lol

Berrios tore his ACL in the Under Armour game, didn't realize it, and still played on it and scored a TD. He didn't find out about the ACL tear until he got to campus and did his physical, IIRC
He played 11 games as a freshman and had his second most productive season.

Advertisement
Back