WTF, don’t play with us

Did anybody else laught when he crashed or is that me just being a cold blooded first responder?

I've got a good amount of friends and close family that are firefighters and EMTs, so I'm used to this response... the stuff you guys can watch and chuckle at without being remotely phased is impressive. Part of the job and probably a coping mechanism for all the horrible **** you guys endure I guess. Traffic homicide detectives are another group with a real dark sense of humor for this stuff.

Advertisement
I've got a good amount of friends and close family that are firefighters and EMTs, so I'm used to this response... the stuff you guys can watch and chuckle at without being remotely phased is impressive. Part of the job and probably a coping mechanism for all the horrible **** you guys endure I guess. Traffic homicide detectives are another group with a real dark sense of humor for this stuff.
Talk to an ER nurse with their filter off. The things they see that they will openly discuss among friends is disturbing.

I don’t define it a coping per say but you do get kind of insensitive. We go to people’s deaths unfortunately. It’s just life. This would count as one of those moments where we probably would’ve laughed because he out there being a douche. If he was just trying to enjoy his bike then it would’ve been totally different.

I read it was non life-threatening injuries for the people in the car.

I'm guessing the motorcycle dude was high as f*ck because it doesn't make a lot of sense to drive 120 mph down a busy road- especially when the police aren't in pursuit.

The shameful thing is the news channel trying to get ratings by showing it live. They are disgusting vultures feeding on the carcass of a morally bankrupt society. Fortunately the motorcyclist "only" hit a sedan, if he'd hit an innocent child trying to cross the street, the news channel would have broadcast someone's kid literally being dismembered on live TV.

Nothing shameful about it.... the dude wanted to put on a good show and they gave him what he wanted.

Advertisement
No, they’re just miserable. It’s not a filter lol.
A couple jobs back we had a nurse who'd worked ER for years then moved into an analyst position. Very polite and professional. Then at happy hour with a little alcohol and two other nurses, we were treated to a list of things he'd seen up people's asses that required medical attention.

I'd be miserable too if I had to fix that. I'd rather deal with the biker who ragdolled himself.

Nothing shameful about it.... the dude wanted to put on a good show and they gave him what he wanted.
Epic landing to. One of those landings where you’re looking to see what’s not broken instead of what is broken because it’ll be quicker.

Funny what gets "Moderated" on CIS.

I posted a picture of a prized possession in the ‘Happy MLK Day” thread. I get a notice it was “Political”, removed and I couldn’t repost on that thread and got a -1 point what ever that is. I asked Andrew why, no response.

This was an Original pin with MLK’s image and his “I have Dream” quote. It was used during the Poor People’s March in 1968 for better housing and employment opportunities. Seemed appropriate using an image from the times and the history he was famous for.

I mean MLK Day, “C’Mon Man.” I’d expect that on a Bama or Georgia Forum, but our Canes site?

They erased a pic of your MLK pin on MLK Day, which is literally a federal holiday for EVERYONE? On a website where we celebrate a minority-filled team that is mostly African-American that plays for a school in the most diverse city in America? Sounds like someone was projecting their own issues. I don't remember anything like that happening on Veterans Day or Memorial Day. I am sorry that happened to you. DM me that pic, I'd love to see it. Very cool.

Advertisement
A couple jobs back we had a nurse who'd worked ER for years then moved into an analyst position. Very polite and professional. Then at happy hour with a little alcohol and two other nurses, we were treated to a list of things he'd seen up people's asses that required medical attention.

I'd be miserable too if I had to fix that. I'd rather deal with the biker who ragdolled himself.
Ha! Luckily I’ve never been called to a rectal “incident” so I don’t have those stories. Hopefully it stays that way or I’m on engine that day so I don’t have to transport.

First responder also! I chuckled a lil bit.
I did a couple of 12 hour shifts on an ambulance and a couple shifts in the ER as an intern. I never went back. You guys dont get paid enough. It takes a certain type of person to stay focused and in control responding to emergency situations. My hats off to all you guys. I couldn't do it.

Advertisement
Fortunately, we've come a long way in designing and building cars to withstand these types of impacts. When I saw it, I was like, "thank God they hit the front of the passenger side, hope there was only a driver in the car". It's possible that there was enough energy to push the dash/engine into the passenger compartment and cause more major injuries though. You're got more experience, and I hope you're right.

IJS, it would have been way better if the guy had been decapitated by a running into the side of a semi trailer. Then, I would have laughed.
I heard of video of something similar, dude hits the guard rail and the head comes clean off.

I did a couple of 12 hour shifts on an ambulance and a couple shifts in the ER as an intern. I never went back. You guys dont get paid enough. It takes a certain type of person to stay focused and in control responding to emergency situations. My hats off to all you guys. I couldn't do it.
Working for an ambulance company sucks. If you aren’t with a fire department then you’re wasting time because the money is no where near the same…or as fun.

Advertisement
Someone is *****ing about a thread that got closed, and the rest of us have taken to using this pointless thread to have a conversation about an ******* on a motorcycle who put the general public in danger in the process of landing himself in the next edition of the Darwin Awards series.

Not much going on these days.

Since I helped you out, any word on who the next OC or DC is going to be? I heard there is a thread where people are talking about that around here, but it seems to be reserved for unemployed sadistic perverts willing to leaf through thousands of pointless posts for every single tiny morsel of information, which is usually wrong.
Thank you sir. I was wondering what all that complaining was about. Now it all makes sense:hh9beelfgeoezuwg.jpg:

Regarding your question, I wish I know the answer but I have a feeling that even Mario himself doesn't know for sure what the answer is yet. But I can tell this much: The OC will have an offensive coaching background and the DC will have a defensive coaching background. I hope this helped.

Advertisement
Back