WR Most Poised For a Breakout Season

I remember an interview couple months back with AR82 and he was asked whose a player to watch for this year, any position, without hesitation he mentioned Smith. He said, " watch out for him cuz that boy us hungry & he wants it bad ".
Get X on the field. Kid is all gas no brakes.

The kid plays with emotion and that’s something we lacked horribly at the WR position last year.

Being hungry and wanting it bad, is GOOD. Playing without emotion being something we "lacked horribly," was BAD, last year.

These two guys having these skill sets are great, but that little issue of the rest of our WRs going through the motions last season was mind boggling .

Advertisement
Mike Harley's still got to come up big in a big game before I say he's arrived. I expect he will this year.
I really hope you were joking. I would say the stats below show he has Big Game in him.

Watch wide receiver Mike Harley discuss his career game for No. 11 Miami in a 19-14 win over Virginia on Saturday night.
Harley caught 10 passes for 170 yards to establish career-highs in both categories and hauled in a touchdown.

Then there's the UL game where he went for 6 for 116 yards and 2 TD's.

Last edited:

I hear ya. He did have some good game but I meant a game with something truly on the line. Virginia was bad and so was Louisville even though at the time they were ranked #17, they would go on to lose 3 or 4 more consecutive. In the games that the lights were the brightest, Clemson and Okst, he was flat out bad. I think he combined for 5 catches and had 30 yards in those 2 games.

If he doesn't show up versus Alabama then maybe he isn't very good. He's a 5th year senior who turned the corner late last year. If he wants to play at the next level, he has to prove he can play at this level. The CB's only get tougher in the pros.

The game is probably going to be riding on his ability to play effectively(him and Rambo). He doesn't have to have 120yards but he must be able to get open and make enough catches to keep us in it.

I hear ya. He did have some good game but I meant a game with something truly on the line. Virginia was bad and so was Louisville even though at the time they were ranked #17, they would go on to lose 3 or 4 more consecutive. In the games that the lights were the brightest, Clemson and Okst, he was flat out bad. I think he combined for 5 catches and had 30 yards in those 2 games.

If he doesn't show up versus Alabama then maybe he isn't very good. He's a 5th year senior who turned the corner late last year. If he wants to play at the next level, he has to prove he can play at this level. The CB's only get tougher in the pros.

The game is probably going to be riding on his ability to play effectively(him and Rambo). He doesn't have to have 120yards but he must be able to get open and make enough catches to keep us in it.
I think that had more to do with King being on his back most of the game against Clumpson and he got hurt against Okie

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back