WR Most Poised For a Breakout Season

Advertisement
Breakout? Like over 20% market share of REC/YARDS/TDs breakout?

Charleston Rambo.

I think Harley, Rambo, Mallory are going to be our Pass Catchers 1, 2, 3 by the end of the season. After that, you've just got a lot of players that are going to be getting passes and idk who is going to really crack that 15-17% marketshare spot to be Pass Catcher 4. I, personally, like Smith a lot, but I'm hesitant to pound the table considering we've seen WRs here struggle to get going, earn that trust in Year 1/2. Same for Restrepo, who I like, but Smith, Pope, Wiggins, Restrepo, and Payton will only have so many opportunities as like 4th options on this team.

Last edited:
Breakout? Like over 20% market share of REC/YARDS/TDs breakout?

Charleston Rambo.

I think Harley, Rambo, Mallory are going to be our Pass Catchers 1, 2, 3 by the end of the season. After that, you've just got a lot of players that are going to be getting passes and idk who is going to really crack that 15-17% marketshare spot to be Pass Catcher 4. I, personally, like Smith a lot, but I'm hesitant to pound the table considering we've seen WRs here struggle to get going, earn that trust in Year 1/2. Same for Restrepo, who I like, but Smith, Pope, Wiggins, Restrepo, and Payton will only have so many opportunities as like 4th options on this team.
Mallory (if healthy) will have an enormous year. I agree they're the odds on favorites to lead in wr categories , but Rambo has had a really good year before. He put up good stats as a soph. That's why I didn't consider him for a " breakout" season.

Mallory (if healthy) will have an enormous year. I agree they're the odds on favorites to lead in wr categories , but Rambo has had a really good year before. He put up good stats as a soph. That's why I didn't consider him for a " breakout" season.
Never cracked 20% marketshare at Oklahoma. He was a 15-17% type in 2019. So, he's never actually "broken out", but I get what you are saying. That is why I qualified it in my post.

idk if anyone else will get close, tbh. Like I said, a lot of these guys are vying for 4th option in the passing game. Last year, our Pass Catcher 4 was a 350 yard, 3 TD player and that was a little over a 10% marketshare player. Thats not someone that I'd consider a breakout...anybody can do that. Literally anybody. Dee Wiggins did it...so, literally anybody can do that...and you've got 5 guys vying for those balls. I tend to think Rambo will cut into that Pope/Wiggins production from last year and the rest of the WR group will have to eat on the remaining like 50 balls that get thrown their way. Last year's WR group WRs 3 through 7 caught 42 balls. That doesn't leave a lot of room for a REAL breakout unless you get injuries at the top of the depth chart and if injuries happen...yeah, I like Smith a lot, but I'm very gunshy on these WRs as we've had WR after WR basically be useless in their first two years here.

Advertisement
Mike Redding is most definitely a break out candidate in time

1625966489524.png

Mike Harley's still got to come up big in a big game before I say he's arrived. I expect he will this year.

Advertisement
Ask any CB on our roster who puts them on their toes when he steps in front of them and the answer is always Keyshawn. Rambo and Harley will have good years but they've already been introduced to college football.
Someone still needs to explain why Key wasn’t getting more snaps as the year went on. How can your upperclassman ( 8 and 6) continue to show you they can’t produce but their snaps don’t drop. The not knowing “ assignments” seems like a BS excuse. Our offensive scheme isn’t difficult.

Someone still needs to explain why Key wasn’t getting more snaps as the year went on. How can your upperclassman ( 8 and 6) continue to show you they can’t produce but their snaps don’t drop. The not knowing “ assignments” seems like a BS excuse. Our offensive scheme isn’t difficult.
Coaches failed miserably, I mean unfortunately that's the reason. They can't do that going forward with all the young talent or it they will leave.

It’s this guy right here. Everyone talks about Rambo and while I agree he will be huge for us this season, along with Harley, I think Key Smith could absolutely tear shįt up this year. We’ve talked at length about how he’s shown flashes and that the staff needs to give this young man a real chance to prove himself. We saw him do that and more in the spring game.

With King on schedule to start for Bama and the potential he has to build upon last season as a passer, this is the receiver I think is in the best position to thrive and assert themselves as a go-to in this offense. Him and Rambo are 1a and 1b for the receivers I’m most excited to see.

Lmk what y’all think. Hyped af for the fall Canes fam 🙌🏼

This was the guy who should have been in the game and targeted on the throw at the end of the Okie St game. Oh what could have been!

Advertisement
Our wideouts are balking this year, Pope and Wiggins will be good back-ups!!!!

He moved to the slot ( where he should’ve always been) and balled out in spring lol. I won’t buy it until I see it on Saturday's.

Pope is going to be very productive.

My fear is a bad drop in a big moment.

If he prevents that, he will change his legacy.

Regardless, him and Wiggins both need their snaps tapered down.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back