WR Dont'e Thornton (Oregon transfer) is visiting this weekend LOL commits to Vols

Advertisement
Talented rbs, tes and inside wrs apparently do if you look at the kids we signed…oh and elite ol prospects from high school and one solid from the portal but carry on
That’s credit to Mario. Still the reason people are concerned and voicing it is that 2022 let us know just how far we have to go. 23 class was a monster class but we learned from 08 and 18 that a single big class won’t cut it, you need to keep stacking talent. If we don’t address our portal issues with impact talent, we will have another year like 2022. It’s not about getting bodies, it’s about getting impact players. I like what we have now but we need way more and we have missed on some guys.

Now we do have time, no doubt but using precedence, it’s not unreasonable for a fan to be worried. We have **** the bed time and time again the last two decades. Sure Mario’s strength is recruiting but thus far he has only shown he is so so at the portal. I think it’s a different beast than HS recruiting. I hope that when the smoke clears we will be okay, but people tried to convince us last year that we crushed it in the portal when the outside world said we just did aight. The results showed we did aight at best.

That’s credit to Mario. Still the reason people are concerned and voicing it is that 2022 let us know just how far we have to go. 23 class was a monster class but we learned from 08 and 18 that a single big class won’t cut it, you need to keep stacking talent. If we don’t address our portal issues with impact talent, we will have another year like 2022. It’s not about getting bodies, it’s about getting impact players. I like what we have now but we need way more and we have missed on some guys.

Now we do have time, no doubt but using precedence, it’s not unreasonable for a fan to be worried. We have **** the bed time and time again the last two decades. Sure Mario’s strength is recruiting but thus far he has only shown he is so so at the portal. I think it’s a different beast than HS recruiting. I hope that when the smoke clears we will be okay, but people tried to convince us last year that we crushed it in the portal when the outside world said we just did aight. The results showed we did aight at best.
If this class truly is what we think it is and not the overrated 08 or 18 class half these kids will play and make an impact this season. But no doubt we gotta succeed more in the portal if we expect a bounce back year 2. I had our total number from the portal at 12. We need 6-8 of those total 12 to be impact types. So far Cohen & Maugoia fit the bill of possible impact guys but need about 5 more of those guys.

Advertisement
Usually we land transfers that visit, then commit fairly quickly. When the portal recruitments drag out, we tend to lose out. Not sure the exact reason.

After this guy didn't commit quickly, I figured he was going to Auburn. Now Tennessee is involved they could be the pick. They lost their top 2 WR's, but may have a true frosh throwing him the ball.

If this class truly is what we think it is and not the overrated 08 or 18 class half these kids will play and make an impact this season. But no doubt we gotta succeed more in the portal if we expect a bounce back year 2. I had our total number from the portal at 12. We need 6-8 of those total 12 to be impact types. So far Cohen & Maugoia fit the bill of possible impact guys but need about 5 more of those guys.
Brown better fit the bill as well, our secondary is in shambles.

Advertisement
After kicking it for 20 years that can is actually dust.
Truth. Trying not to hold the past against Mario but last year at this time we were told all kinds of things about all these coaches interested and we saw how it played out

insiders were telling me about these stud receivers we were gonna get. Won’t name names on the insiders or the players but needless to say none of it happened

I’m seeing the same trend this year and I don’t like it

Advertisement
Usually we land transfers that visit, then commit fairly quickly. When the portal recruitments drag out, we tend to lose out. Not sure the exact reason.

After this guy didn't commit quickly, I figured he was going to Auburn. Now Tennessee is involved they could be the pick. They lost their top 2 WR's, but may have a true frosh throwing him the ball.
They got #Him throwing the ball to him though lol

Advertisement
Truth. Trying not to hold the past against Mario but last year at this time we were told all kinds of things about all these coaches interested and we saw how it played out

insiders were telling me about these stud receivers we were gonna get. Won’t name names on the insiders or the players but needless to say none of it happened

The way the message board should work is. People present concerns they hope become addressed by the staff. Those concerns are then either shared or debated based off merit. Instead we have a bunch of Mario goonies saying just believe and don't question anything. It's hilarious after what we witnessed in 2022.

He saw how good the offense was cruising and with Hyatt balling out.

Unless Mario is getting Garrett Riley this whole doing his due diligence is again fugging us over on starting difference makers
I've tried to come up with a list of suitable explanations and I've failed. Even if we are going to land Riley or the next best thing. Nothing justifies Gattis being employed in the interim.

Were they wrong on the coaches? No one was complaining about the actual names that got hired out of the non-Oregon pool. I'm not even a Mario guy but when guys like Steele, Gattis, Strong, Addae were hired the board applauded. Even getting "Ponce just as the QB coach" had people feeling all warm in their special place. All that we got money stuff.

The players are a crapshoot. People were upset that that Brown brothers looked like they were going elsewhere. That turned around and then people got upset that FSU didn't just hold that L because they got a UVA transfer. Mario better not let Justin Rogers go someplace else was a thing earlier in the week. Now he's scheduled to visit. They'll get good players. Whether they're good enough to overcome Mario's shortcomings as far as coaching hires is another thing. He'll either change the way he views offense(something his Alabama mentor did) or he'll simply try to recruit so well that talent overtakes scheme. That takes longer and makes it more difficult to recruit the players that would make your talent overwhelming.

every class is hype. well see how the development goes w these kids.

Advertisement
Back