WR Dont'e Thornton (Oregon transfer) is visiting this weekend LOL commits to Vols

Mario point blank told Seven (he stated it in an interview) that "I have a few guys coming in" and most likely wouldn't have a spot for him. Seven wanted to commit but there wasn't a spot. He said he loved Mario as a coach and really appreciated him being up front with him. So we should get at least 2 "outside" portal guys.
Hopefully they’re all bigger guys like Thornton …TVD excels with someone that can go up and win 50-50 balls …seems like that’s the type of WRs we need for Gattis’ (if we’re stuck with him again) offense to even begin to succeed

Advertisement
He averaged 21.5 YPC…I don’t need to watch him play.

PS I did. There isn’t a WR in the conference with more upside than him and that’s not a joke.

watched his tape. he needs work, but the measurables are definitely there. if you can coach him up similar to how rambo shot up his last year, you could have something.

Advertisement
Mario point blank told Seven (he stated it in an interview) that "I have a few guys coming in" and most likely wouldn't have a spot for him. Seven wanted to commit but there wasn't a spot. He said he loved Mario as a coach and really appreciated him being up front with him. So we should get at least 2 "outside" portal guys.
Think he meant slot guys, as in "I don't have room for you because we have Joesph and Washington coming in in this class". Remains to be seen how many guys we can land on the outside.

Add him and we have Ray Ray coming in already and i see a different passing potential already. Then its up to the OL to protect. I was watching Brad Kaaya clips this week and man had 6 weeks to throw. Golden boy if only he could got rid of No D.
No Robby Washington? Plz don't tell me he's flipped. @SouthParkCane @Cribby Anything to worry about with Washington?

if you can coach him up similar to how rambo shot up his last year, you could have something

Will definitely need a good WR coach

[now looking at Miami staff listing for current WR coach]

Shocked Oh No GIF

Advertisement
**** good show.
Praise isn't high enough for that show.

But on Mizzou... @Rellyrell ever seen the list of people who went to Mizzou? I mean, it's common knowledge where I love in KCMO that Brad Pitt and Cheryl Crow went to Mizzou and are big donors, but the co-writer of Ozark is from the Lou.

But they have some big time names who went there. I was wondering when someone said NIL and Mizzou and I laughed and sumthin told me to look up notable alum. And my eyes got 👀👀👀
IF MIZZOU WERE EVER SERIOUS A LUT WINNING.... JEEZUS!

You get two big outside wide receivers, and it mixes well with the smaller freshmen wide outs.

I hope in the offseason, TVD is working his *** off with Colbie Young, Xavier Restrepo, Ladson, and George...so the guys we bring in are extras and add, not replace. This team is going to need someone to eat into the Mallory marketshare from TVD and one of these big wide receivers that can stretch a seam have a place on this roster and an avenue to contribute early.

The cat is out of the bag that Dont'e Thornton is visiting this weekend. You may remember that name from last Tuesday's edition of the Bank. Watch him very closely.

Former Top 50 recruit out of Baltimore. 6'5 with 11.02 speed and a 6' high jump. No secret why he is a target- Miami was one of the least explosive downfield offenses in the country. Last year, there were only three catches by WRs over 40 yards (the bomb to Colby Young against Duke, a catch by Restrepo against Bethune and a garbage-time catch by Brinson against Pittsburgh). Thornton already has six 40+ yard catches in his first two years.

Pure deep threat.

All I noticed was that ungodly amount of time Nix had to throw him the ball. Would even make Buck Ortega looks like a Manning.

Advertisement
Hopefully they’re all bigger guys like Thornton …TVD excels with someone that can go up and win 50-50 balls …seems like that’s the type of WRs we need for Gattis’ (if we’re stuck with him again) offense to even begin to succeed
Yea that’s cuz tvd doesn’t throw ppl open
So if they can’t win those battles we look like garbage

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back