WR Dont'e Thornton (Oregon transfer) is visiting this weekend LOL commits to Vols

Advertisement
cool-dancing.gif

This.
Obviously this kid is extremely talented and would be in the mix immediately but we need an established productive veteran in that room too.
This is an underrated post, particularly the last part. From public perception, our WR room was the most dysfunctional (sans secondary) this season. Having a veteran presence is absolutely critical for the youth we'll bring in.

Advertisement
The nice thing about Oregon players is that Mario recruited them and saw them on the practice field, so there is less guessing there.
and they are used to his demanding style and accountability

Advertisement
We saw immediately what a kid like Colbie can do in that regard

Totally agree

Ask Max and Roman and the guys on the Zoom calls if I was asking where Colbie was a few weeks before he broke out.

I realize I have a "type"...and it's a tall, fast WR who can leap and catches everything in his radius...

Oregon was pretty explosive this year and scored a lot of points. I honestly didn't watch them very much so not sure if he got many targets or what was up but his production is pretty low for how productive they were on O. Curious if anyone watched him play .

4th in yards and tied for 6th in receptions

Advertisement
Wait a minute , I remember you posting on Canesport in the early 2000’s we needed more short wr’s

LIES! Lies, I tell you! Must have been another cane4ever, which is why I had to start calling myself "TheOriginal"!!!

Hey, if you saw me saying ANYTHING on CaneSport in the early 2000s, it would have been non-stop complaints about George "Stone Hands" Robinson...

Love ya, @Cribby ! Hope we can celebrate some big flip names shortly...

Advertisement
Love it. A perfect WR class/corps blends it all together in the room through different players. Speed, agility, YAC ability, height, vertical/catch radius.

Potentially This dude, with the game changing speed of robby and Ray Ray, and whenever CJ JR is split out wide or in the slot, is SOLID

LIES! Lies, I tell you! Must have been another cane4ever, which is why I had to start calling myself "TheOriginal"!!!

Hey, if you saw me saying ANYTHING on CaneSport in the early 2000s, it would have been non-stop complaints about George "Stone Hands" Robinson...

Love ya, @Cribby ! Hope we can celebrate some big flip names shortly...
Wow George Robinson. Blast from the past.

He's no Lavar Lobdell.

Advertisement
Back