WR Coach Kevin Beard

Two elite WR from Trader, Robinson, Smith, Wingo, Miller. So basically 2 top 50 WRs?

Miami has not signed 2 top 50 WRs (or even top 60 or top 70 IIrc) in the same class, in the recruiting site era (20 years).

So in year 1, he's gonna have to do something that's never been done. lol dude's either gonna be a board legend or the headliner in multiple "fire him" threads.

Nice analysis looking up those numbers. Good post - puts things in perspective.

Advertisement
The recruits certainly weren't the issue. Having no one to coach them up and a miserable system in place we're far bigger issues. Obviously you'll say that's my take cause my nephew is one of the people mentioned & I won't argue that. But dugans is by far the best wr coach we've had here in a long time. Biggest problem we had was letting a certain **** boy who's still on staff infest the room with his treacherous ways. Maweak rosier and that online certainly didn't help either. Jarren always was high and nkosi just wanted to build his only fans content... But it's the wrs you focus on. No one in that situation will succeed. Is what it is.
all those kids were highly recruited. people forget that.

Lo, we have become The Ferman.
Animated GIF

Advertisement
The recruits certainly weren't the issue. Having no one to coach them up and a miserable system in place we're far bigger issues. Obviously you'll say that's my take cause my nephew is one of the people mentioned & I won't argue that. But dugans is by far the best wr coach we've had here in a long time. Biggest problem we had was letting a certain **** boy who's still on staff infest the room with his treacherous ways. Maweak rosier and that online certainly didn't help either. Jarren always was high and nkosi just wanted to build his only fans content... But it's the wrs you focus on. No one in that situation will succeed. Is what it is.
Who's the treacherous staff member?

**** never knew there was a Cooney problem…. I’d be interested in hearing that out 👀 wasn’t he the reason we got Pope and he was a big influence on him it would make sense…

Two elite WR from Trader, Robinson, Smith, Wingo, Miller. So basically 2 top 50 WRs?

Miami has not signed 2 top 50 WRs (or even top 60 or top 70 IIrc) in the same class, in the recruiting site era (20 years).

So in year 1, he's gonna have to do something that's never been done. lol dude's either gonna be a board legend or the headliner in multiple "fire him" threads.
Facts but be careful with Deon late dude annoying asf

WR room still has recovered from the mess he left. Only kid he recruited who actually finished his career at Miami was Mike Harley.

Sam Bruce
Dionte Mullins
Mark Pope
Dee Wiggins
Evidence Njoku
Jeff Thomas
Brian Hightower
Marquez Ezzard
Jeremiah Payton
None of them were UM caliber. Bad evals with bad coaching recipe for disaster. JT was the only one I don't understand had some explosiveness crisp in and out of cuts and fast.

Advertisement
I like Mario's approach to these hires. We can't afford to be Bama/Saban bringing in new coaches every Winter. We gotta be more Clemson/Dabo until we get the train rolling.

Some up and coming hungry coaches with enough to properly teach and get on the trail.

We just had a WHOS WHO STAFF go 5-7 and yall are saying the hired are underwhelming? Meanwhile yall can't name a soul from TCU or Utah. Both of which would dominate us AND this conference.
If we accumulate talent won't matter who's here like at bama. Mario has to land kids and not lose program changing talent on NSD.

Advertisement
Please for gods sake y'all cut this **** out. All we heard last year was people ***** incessantly about us going after the big names and bringing in this award winner and that and what we were spending on assistants and why things went wrong. Now we focus on the right candidates for the system and passed up on 2 big names that I know of so that it was a good fit for Dawson and his scheme. Dawson was directly involved in this process and had input. You can say the hire seems underwhelming if you like. But don't throw in the budget. The hire was what it was because of the coordinator and his scheme. The bigger names we were after weren't good matches for Dawson as they were well established coming in. Personally the only reason I'm not crazy about it is because I would've loved to see Curtis back. But we had our concerns with Curtis being willing to work hand in hand under Dawson. Same with Hank as he wanted titles put behind his name. Even something as simple as passing game coordinator. Period for whatever reasons we couldn't check the boxes off. Kb is a good enough hire CONSIDERING he checks off all of the boxes and kids like him. Not a bad coach at all either. Just please stop with the ever swinging needle. It'll never work
If this is true, then Mario is doing it right this time.

Wait, are you saying that we passed on Hank because he wanted a passing game coordinator title?!?

It's like you ignored the whole post and only focused on that one aspect. Brooklyn seems to be referencing fit with Dawson and Dawson's personal opinion a being the main factors. This other stuff didn't seem to help.

If we land the USC WR Bryant, is that similar to Rambo, traits wise? Would that work well within the Dawson Scheme?

I don’t expect big WR fish to enter the portal after spring (but y’all know more than me on that)
Similar traits to Rambo?... no.

Work well with the Dawson scheme? Yes

Legit 4.4 40 guy that can make plays with the ball in his hand if you get him open. In my opinion, from what I've seen (which is only a 5 minute highlight video) Bryant is similar to Jeff Thomas.

I also don't see big time WRs jump in the portal after spring. At least not many, if any, big time P5 WRs unless they missed the window before they had a change at OC or something. I could see "big time" G5 WRs entering. Maybe the guy from Toledo, maybe someone from Houston, or maybe they have someone specific in mind that they have "back channeled"

Advertisement
**** never knew there was a Cooney problem…. I’d be interested in hearing that out 👀 wasn’t he the reason we got Pope and he was a big influence on him it would make sense…
I’ve always wanted to know why everyone is so high on Cooney. And I would like to know. I remember the recruit (lb I believe) who cancelled the visit a few years ago because Cooney allegedly was rude to him and his mother…or something like that.

Similar traits to Rambo?... no.

Work well with the Dawson scheme? Yes

Legit 4.4 40 guy that can make plays with the ball in his hand if you get him open. In my opinion, from what I've seen (which is only a 5 minute highlight video) Bryant is similar to Jeff Thomas.

I also don't see big time WRs jump in the portal after spring. At least not many, if any, big time P5 WRs unless they missed the window before they had a change at OC or something. I could see "big time" G5 WRs entering. Maybe the guy from Toledo, maybe someone from Houston, or maybe they have someone specific in mind that they have "back channeled"
JW, why would a WR want to leave Riley, buried in depth chart?

I’ve always wanted to know why everyone is so high on Cooney. And I would like to know. I remember the recruit (lb I believe) who cancelled the visit a few years ago because Cooney allegedly was rude to him and his mother…or something like that.
Cooney got into a Twitter beef with me (of all people on earth). Claimed personal credit for landing half our roster that cycle. I laughed at him and dude lost his mind. I hoped he was just drunk-porsting……..

Advertisement
Back