WR Coach Kevin Beard

That's my guess. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Still no doubt he's a good player. Riley just keeps that room stocked wherever he goes.
He played quite a bit and was a good special teams player as a Soph. Last year he sat out the entire year and knew he was leaving. Maybe he wanted more targets and the room was full. But he was a pretty **** good player before.

Advertisement
We just need WR’s that can catch, run correct routes and contest and fight for balls…..there’s a ton of WR’s playing for the Toledo’s and Houston’s of the world that are waaaaaay better than anyone dressing in our locker room.

This is where evaluating talent comes in…we have sucked at this for quite some time.Hopefully KB with help from AH can do a better job than the prior coaches that sucked at it.

There will be plenty of WR in the portal that will fit this bill and we only need a couple now until hopefully we start doing a much better job of evaluating and keeping the top WR’s home instead of watching them constantly heading to Bama,OSU and all points north.

He played quite a bit and was a good special teams player as a Soph. Last year he sat out the entire year and knew he was leaving. Maybe he wanted more targets and the room was full. But he was a pretty **** good player before.
And it will be an easy transition for him. Similar concepts.

Advertisement
I’m not going to list every positive comment I’ve seen, including CIS’s own twitter post, but I am just trying to play a word association game and I’d appreciate you not taking me seriously next time. It’s embarrassing for both of us.

I see a lot of posters saying Beard is a different coach than he was a few years ago because he's gained more experience under different coaches. I wonder if Randy Shannon and Manny Diaz will be welcomed back with open arms in the future...

Art Power GIF by Google Arts & Culture

Beard hate isn’t really about Beard.

Beard hate is about Mario’s process and people on this board telling us we could get any coach we want and setting those high expectations and then we end up with Beard and people feel let down.

Welcome to the U Coach Beard! Let’s get after it.

Who said "we could get any coach we want"?

And why don't you know enough to realize that phrase is bullcrap, regardless of whether anyone actually said it?

Waaaah, waaah, you are feeling "let down". WAAAAAH.

When are some of these self-professed board tough guys/wrestling heels finally going to sack up and stop crying about the coaches we did NOT hire?

Advertisement
We just need WR’s that can catch, run correct routes and contest and fight for balls…..there’s a ton of WR’s playing for the Toledo’s and Houston’s of the world that are waaaaaay better than anyone dressing in our locker room.

This is where evaluating talent comes in…we have sucked at this for quite some time.Hopefully KB with help from AH can do a better job than the prior coaches that sucked at it.

There will be plenty of WR in the portal that will fit this bill and we only need a couple now until hopefully we start doing a much better job of evaluating and keeping the top WR’s home instead of watching them constantly heading to Bama,OSU and all points north.

Go Canes

Eh, your opinion is ... whatever. The opinion of WR recruits is VERY positive and that is what counts.

That's awesome. I'm happy they are happy.

He wasn't the WR coach I was hoping we landed.

And the only thing that counts are points. Hopefully his unit puts up lots of them.

Advertisement
The Beard hire doesn’t blow me away. It’s meh. But I fall into the camp of believing Mario had time to rethink this and is trusting his gut. Hope he’s right on take 2.

It is amazing Mario took all P5 guys though. It’s not like he didn’t have the budget. So either top G5 guys wouldn’t coach under him (presumably because he would be too demanding in recruiting and effort) or he consciously determined he wanted to pull in the scrappy and brilliant types. Probably a bit of both.
Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Advertisement

Richt didn’t want him. I’m curious who was right. Richt or Golden/Cristobal.
Richt hired Dugans. His opinion on WR coaches is worthless.

Realized now that AH is Alonzo Highsmith, but for a second I thought of Allen Hurns.

Thought he was being brought on as an assistant or something. Which I wouldn't be mad at!

Are we leading for him? Little behind on his recruitment.

Advertisement
Back