WR Coach Kevin Beard

Probably the drive and then waited too late to start the drive. usually guys like that dont do well in the league. i am surprised he at least didnt perform here cause he showed signs he could dominate, even vs LSU he did well.
Even ultra talented kids need to work on their craft. At some point you can’t just expect talent to take you to that next level. This kid was a mess and no amount of talent was going to fix that.

Advertisement
It does matter what they say because having the correct, respected, coaches makes recruits pay attention. That is not the equivalent of getting recruits to sign, but it is a serious step. We need to be considered seriously by recruits before we can sign them.

We are being considered seriously. Step One.
Win. Step Two
Pay competitive NIL. Step Three

But you don’t reach 2 and 3 without 1.

Okay, I can respect all of that, but let's be real.

Beard was at Toledo. We recruit a different set of guys than Toledo. So no matter what a recruit says, they would've had very limited contact with Beard. That's no disrespect to him, it's just the way it is.

So recruits saying something is likely the product of so and so asking them about a coach hired and they say whatever complimentary thing comes to mind. Tweets work the same way, they pay respect to all kinds of coaches.

If they're considering us at all, they might pop off about whatever. I wouldn't pay it any mind, but they'll get to know him more and more as he settles into things. Same with the OC I doubt many even knew existed prior to here. With Beard, he's known (even if it's, oh yeah, I remember that guy) but I can guarantee that when someone would say there's the Toledo WR coach they react differently than it's the OSU, Bama, and **** even out coach. When they would've possibly seen or met him when he stopped by campus.

Gotta handle 2 for 3 or even 1 to matter.

Even ultra talented kids need to work on their craft. At some point you can’t just expect talent to take you to that next level. This kid was a mess and no amount of talent was going to fix that.
This seems to be the case with JT4, alot of fans say this for any player which most of the time is untrue they just weren't good enough. But this kid looked like he had the talent on the field

So the recruiting board is going crazy at the idea of Beard being the new WR coach since, judging by the player tweets, every big time WR in S Fla loves Beard.
Positon coaches have literally 2 jobs; teach a position and recruit the position. So the recruits love Beard, and we know he can teach the position form anyone who paid attention the last time he was here.
And yet this board has people going apoplectic about Beard. Either the multitude of people on this board are wrong, or the kids we are recruiting are wrong.

I am taking the position that the Know Nothings on this board and wrong and once we land big time WR recruits, the Know Nothings will become the Never-Heard-From-Agains. Let’s keep receipts.
Just bc a player tweets that they love him doesn’t mean they’re gonna sign to play for him. Twitter does not matter in real life.

if the O is good, the WRC wont matter much. however, this was a plan C hire at best. its okay to say that too and it doesn't mean it wont work out. it is what it is. if the O is good, beard will be fine here and he won't have to do much. what we have is too many Mario lovers and too many Mario haters. you can have an inbetween. ****, for now, Mario failed in year 1 and he admitted that by firing everyone he hired. year 2 is unwritten. lets see how we look w this staff. if the results are similar, we got more problems than just Mario haters vs Mario slurpers.
All of this is pretty much right. If the offense is food he doesn’t have to be that great of a teacher, but he needs to be a great recruiter and vice versa. IMO he’s not great at either. So yes he’s a Plan C hire. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Advertisement
FqKOIADacAEI5oC
2001 against Syracuse ;)

Advertisement
Take a look at what he said above… he acknowledged this
He said he took the position that tweets matter and the realistic crowd is wrong.

Once again half the board is going around negging, etc. the real people who aren’t impressed with the hire. And if those realistic people are right again (they have been for 20 straight years) that same other half will be mad and claim, “you wanted Miami to lose,” and whatever else. Idk how some of you keep it up after all these years. It’s ok for people to not worship everything that goes on in this program. In fact it’s a good thing, bc it’s been pathetic for a long time now.

Advertisement
Bottomline is WR recruits want to see a productive offense. If Dawson ***** the bed, it won't matter if we had Randy Moss coaching the WRs, they aren't coming. Beard wasn't my first choice but he's not making or breaking WR recruiting. The offense this season will.

So the recruiting board is going crazy at the idea of Beard being the new WR coach since, judging by the player tweets, every big time WR in S Fla loves Beard.
Positon coaches have literally 2 jobs; teach a position and recruit the position. So the recruits love Beard, and we know he can teach the position form anyone who paid attention the last time he was here.
And yet this board has people going apoplectic about Beard. Either the multitude of people on this board are wrong, or the kids we are recruiting are wrong.

I am taking the position that the Know Nothings on this board and wrong and once we land big time WR recruits, the Know Nothings will become the Never-Heard-From-Agains. Let’s keep receipts.
You are 100% correct. The job is recruiting and teaching. These opinions on CIS amount to 0.

What matters is what the kids and their parents think of the coach.

They already have high opinions of KB, so the battle is half won. He and Dawson just need 1 good season and the flood gates will open.

It's just silly to me. People would jump at Hartline at OSU in a minute. What makes him great? He walked into a great situation where OSU already has clout with their offense, their coach, and their QBs. He's getting and teaching elite kids to play in a pass friendly offense with an elite QB.

So, is Hartline a better coach than KB? I ask this question to CIS just to make a point that KB can be as good as any WR coach in the country given elite talent, offensive scheme, and QB. We're putting all that together. OSU has had that in place for several years making it much easier to recruit which keeps the wheels turning. Success breeds success.

They weren’t A+ hires. They were mostly big names past their prime and in Gattis’ case just nowhere as good as his accolades.
They were big names on paper just like this one may seem like a meh hire on paper

Advertisement
He said he took the position that tweets matter and the realistic crowd is wrong.

Once again half the board is going around negging, etc. the real people who aren’t impressed with the hire. And if those realistic people are right again (they have been for 20 straight years) that same other half will be mad and claim, “you wanted Miami to lose,” and whatever else. Idk how some of you keep it up after all these years. It’s ok for people to not worship everything that goes on in this program. In fact it’s a good thing, bc it’s been pathetic for a long time now.

That’s not what he said but we’ll agree to disagree

Maybe I’m reading it wrong but I don’t see the board going apoplectic. Sure there’s a small percentage that are, there’s another small percentage that say this is a great hire and then the majority of us say this is a mid/meh/underwhelming hire and have listed are reasons for that opinion as it stands today.

Majority of us in that group are rooting for us to be dead wrong. I for one pray that I’m on the wrong end of a bump and if I am feel free to bump me first. At the end I care more about us returning to our rightful place on the throne than I do about being right. Regardless of the outcome, I can 100% assure you I’m a know nothing.
The vast majority of us are know nothings - outsiders looking in. All we can do is read what the real insiders share and couple that with the other stuff we see, hear and read and make sense of it the best we can.

Advertisement
Back