WR Coach Candidates

Question from people who may be more objective that I am.. what is the highest position, promise, pay, etc. you would give Todd Hartley to come back?

Pay at UGA is listed at $655,000.

Advertisement
WR either can catch or they cant. You can teach them things to get open. But the #1 thing to showcase a WR is a OC thats gonna scheme up plays to get them the ball. We had 2 undrafted WR leading us under Lashlee and TVD went crazy. Thats gonna be the biggest recruiting tool bar none. TVD dropping bombs. Chris Johnson is gonna go crazy in this offense two btw. Im waiting on Dawson to see what he does. His resume is a mix bag. But i seen what TVD does in this type of offense. Even in the UNC game and start of UVA he was going off running those RPO. We are gonna pick up another outside target, im fairly optimistic about what the offense will look like.

Give me a WR coach who is a dog on the trail.

Hartline gets credit for recruiting WRs, Day is the one who should get most of it, stuff he done with Fields and Stroud. WR know whoever is at QB, yards and TDs gonna be put up. We get back to that and we aint losing too many battles.

The way I view Hartline recruiting’s style is by talking ball.

He doesn’t quite have the gift of gab, but you can see the passion and knowledge he possesses when talking about his craft, and recruits see it.

Then the proof is in the pudding as he maximized his own capabilities when he played.

Hank can take a similar approach with his own growth, and an already impressive coaching resume.

At the end of the day when you develop talent as a program not just a coach it recruits itself and you just don't need to **** it up. See our OL recruiting or UGA's DB's or Bama's RB's. We need to establish that at other positions and we will lock down premium recruits. The aforementioned programs don't even have stability within position coaches or coordinators. Its all about the program and its street cred in today's recruiting.

Advertisement
No offense, but there is zero chance Leonard Hankerson is going to willingly leave an NFL coaching position with Kyle Shanahan to take any college job.
You are implying he'd be getting pushed out. Fair enough.. but that's your OPINION. The facts are he interviewed, his wife & kids live in Miami & this is his alma mater. (matters to some) You might be right but you can't call it 0% chance. Giant assumption presented as fact.

I’d like to add a coach to the staff that can take over when Dawson leaves , somebody with some familiarity in the scheme. Clemson always had this , when one guy leaves they‘d just promote the next guy. That way you have continuity with philosophy and verbiage. Maybe add said person to a analysis role.

If his family never followed him to San Fran and they live in Lauderdale somewhere still and he interviewed I’d assume this could be the coach we hire. Similar to the rumors Smith’s family never followed him here from Ole Miss and I believe Steele’s wife also didn’t? (May be wrong there). It makes sense after a year of losing 7 games to want to go back to a certain level of comfort.

Advertisement
I'm not sure you've met Hartline before. He doesn't talk an insane game. He actually is not great socially... what he does do a great job of is talking about player development and bringing up over and over and over the WRs who have come through OSU and the fact "you'll be the next one" Zack Smith was a better recruiter as far as talking than Hartline
Kinda funny if you've ever met Papa Hartline though too. Complete opposite. Dale will chew your ear off and be the life of the party.

Met the entire Hartline Clan years ago at a Dolphins charity golf event and then once again after at another function. What you're saying about Brian was absolutely true back then too. Dale would call him over to every group he was yukkin' it up with and Brian was absolutely a nice guy and willing to talk but he certainly wasn't like the dad or this overtly social dude. Definitely can see how he'd lack the car salesman shtick but in the end could probably come off as more genuine or serious to some of these recruits and their families.

Nonetheless, f*ck OSU always and forever but the Hartlines seemed like decent people.

I’d like to add a coach to the staff that can take over when Dawson leaves , somebody with some familiarity in the scheme. Clemson always had this , when one guy leaves they‘d just promote the next guy. That way you have continuity with philosophy and verbiage. Maybe add said person to a analysis role.

So you’re basically saying hire Streeter as an analyst

I’m just saying what I’d prefer not what they’ll actually do. I’ve been on the Spencer Whipple train for a year. If it’s me I bring him in as wr coach co OC. That’s just me though, I doubt Mario does that.

That’s fair

I feel like the WR position has been lacking at Miami for so long, and how the game has changed to feature WRs more, Miami needs to go get a top 10 WR coach in CFB now.

Advertisement
i had class with him. i know where he played and where hes from. hes never a guy who wnated to stay in college judging by his coaching career (he spent time at UTSA? before taking an analyst job with the niners to move up to become the WRC there). i repeat mario is not nick saban and we are not alabama in how we are viewed for coaches (pro and college). unless hank has no goals to become an OC In the NFL, this move would be career suicide for him. weve had one former assistant become an HC in the last 20 years (not including us promoting from within (randy, manny). thomas brown is the next closest well have
Yea I see no reason for him to come here unless it had a Co Oc name tag to it. Would be a bad move by him to come here to coach the same position.

I get it’s Miami and it’s his home, but my man would be a complete idiot to leave San Fran and unhitch his wagon to Kyle Shanahan and Deebo. All hank has to do is have a pulse for the next 2-3 years and he probably get a NFL head coaching gig if San Fran keeps winning
1676473050747.gif

i had class with him. i know where he played and where hes from. hes never a guy who wnated to stay in college judging by his coaching career (he spent time at UTSA? before taking an analyst job with the niners to move up to become the WRC there). i repeat mario is not nick saban and we are not alabama in how we are viewed for coaches (pro and college). unless hank has no goals to become an OC In the NFL, this move would be career suicide for him. weve had one former assistant become an HC in the last 20 years (not including us promoting from within (randy, manny). thomas brown is the next closest well have
Mario has had multiple coordinators become head coaches and I think that carries more weight. But I get your point. Not saying it’s the right move just saying if he was to make it the draw would be coming home to Miami.

Advertisement
Mario has had multiple coordinators become head coaches and I think that carries more weight. But I get your point. Not saying it’s the right move just saying if he was to make it the draw would be coming home to Miami.
he wouldn't be a coordinator here though. also SFs former assistants have received promotions in the league really quickly too. you latch onto the SF or LAR and now PHI staff, you'll shoot up the charts.

Advertisement
Back