WR Coach Candidates

Hankerson would be grade A IMO.

I don’t know how he fits in with the offense we appear to be running though, that’d be the only ?

- Played in NFL
- Coached in NFL and has the “I coached Deebo and Ayuk” to sell
- From SoFla and won as a prepster in HS

He checks a lot of boxes. Ultimately the best WR recruiting tool will be our points scored but if we do that, Hankerson would have it made recruiting for UM and we’d have no issues signing guys.
Hank also worked his butt off in the offseason Jr-Sr year. Turned himself from a bust into a stud, sought outside help to do it, and would have a lot in common with guys who’ve come here and struggled.

He’s not the only good hire, but I’d take him happily.

Advertisement
At the end of the day when you develop talent as a program not just a coach it recruits itself and you just don't need to **** it up. See our OL recruiting or UGA's DB's or Bama's RB's. We need to establish that at other positions and we will lock down premium recruits. The aforementioned programs don't even have stability within position coaches or coordinators. Its all about the program and its street cred in today's recruiting.
That’s why I like the Dawson hire. We need receivers putting up numbers, we need proof of product.

Putting a good recruiter in that situation is much different putting the same exact guy in last year’s situation.

Thank you for adding context and nuance to a conversation that is often wrongly looked at as black and white.

Hank also worked his butt off in the offseason Jr-Sr year. Turned himself from a bust into a stud, sought outside help to do it, and would have a lot in common with guys who’ve come here and struggled.

He’s not the only good hire, but I’d take him happily.
He’s the perfect example of what a coach should be. He had god awful hands and was viewed as a bum. Worked his *** off and left as an all time great. He deserves everything he gets. I was thrilled he interviewed last week.

Are you gonna cry?

I don't think you know the difference between @ing someone and simply responding to a horrible porst.

And you have made some HORRIBLE porsts on this thread.

Don't be mad at me for your ****** porsts.
We all know why you’re always posting online here and trying to bait people into arguments multiple times a day…it’s because you lead a pathetic existence and you’re mad at yourself. This ish ain’t that serious. There is still time to change.

Attachments

• B2DE98C9-3BB3-4421-9A22-45FE43A84B20.jpeg
    B2DE98C9-3BB3-4421-9A22-45FE43A84B20.jpeg
    420.7 KB · Views: 14
Advertisement
We all know why you’re always posting online here and trying to bait people into arguments multiple times a day…it’s because you lead a pathetic existence and you’re mad at yourself. This ish ain’t that serious. There is still time to change.

Sure. "We all know that". Sure, whatever.

You're the one acting like a triggered baby because I responded to a couple of your porsts.

Stop crying. If this **** ain't that serious, then you shouldn't care that I respond to you, right?

I don't think I've ever seen a head coach advocate for someone/anyone to offer one of his coordinators a head coaching job stronger than Andy Reid did like seconds after the Super Bowl ended. Repeatedly gave all the credit for the offensive scheming that won the game to Bieniemy.

But heyyyyyy....let's hire Jonathan Gannon! A 40 year old with 1 year as a DC under his belt.
Be honest. We all know someone who is very good at their current job. BUT, they are soooo odd that if they ever interviewed for a higher job they wouldn't stand a chance. Most people refer to them as "Back Room" employees. That does not diminish the job they are currently doing. It is just true that they do not excite people looking to hire someone. EB has had over 10 interviews by employers who want nothing more than to improve their teams and win more. There must be something he is doing or not doing that causes them to conclude he is not the guy.

I will also note that when coaches work for known "stars" there is the fear that the boss is actually the key to success. Let's take the Tampa Bay Bucs. Bruce Arians-multiple times COTY- leaves. Todd Bowles-very good DC- gets promoted and OC Leftwitch is on his own. Without BA both immediately failed. The OC, who interviewed for a HC job one year previously, gets fired and is still [?] looking for a job.

i ran into mario at Casa Cuba this morning at 6am after my half marathon run and he confirmed that Coley wanted the OC job. Mario said that he reached into his pocket and showed Coley the picture below and proceeded to call him Jabroni in Spanish/Cuban. View attachment 230167Case closed!
I always wonder if other programs have one playcall that was so relatively meaningless that lives in as much infamy as this one?

not a scheme guy so don't hate... Does Hank have any Air Raid or similar experience/mentors that he's been under? If not, how hard is the adapting for a WR coach to coach up on a new style?

Advertisement
Sure. "We all know that". Sure, whatever.

You're the one acting like a triggered baby because I responded to a couple of your porsts.

Stop crying. If this **** ain't that serious, then you shouldn't care that I respond to you, right?
It’s not about me, you continuously do this in every single thread with multiple people on this site which ruins this place. I love going back and forth with people on site and I have learned a lot about life, football, and the canes on here. Some really smart people on this site, but whenever you think you’re right you don’t engage in healthy conversations, it’s a flexing of your ego exercise for you.

You can keep deflecting. The issues reside with you and maybe one day you’ll be man even to face it. Maybe this is the only place you feel respected and heard. Maybe you’re overcompensating for the loneliness, disrespect, and disregard you feel in the real world.

Advertisement
talked to my Niners buddy last night and he raved about Hankerson. Credited him with Aiyuk’s development and said he’s a really personable guy. Nice to hear from a non-Miami source, and obviously working with Shanahan is a monumental plus.

Wouldn’t even mind throwing in passing game coordinator for title purposes with him.

This board is literally debating whether the young, smart, successful, hungry (and black - yeah, it matters) WR coach for the NFL's San Francisco 49ers, a guy with CFB coaching and recruiting experience, who oh, also played at UM and knows the territory, who, oh, also went to STA, one of the arguably three most important HS' we recruit... is qualified to be WR coach here. Before he even opens his mouth he's a half mile ahead of everyone in recruiting because of his CV.

Nothing is guaranteed, but the upside is 10x the downside IMO.

Never change, CIS. Never change.

Nobody is debating that. Nobody is arguing he doesn’t know the territory. I’m sure he can find the South Florida schools without a map.

Advertisement
You mean @mossmadness doesn't know what he is talking about with his "silver tongue" storyline? Shocking...

This is just silly.

Literally everybody college football reporter and recruiting insider that writes articles about Hartline all say the same thing:

He’s fun, energetic, engaging. They all say it’s easy to see why, *personality* wise, he’s a beast on the trail, even if you aren’t in the room with the recruits to see it for yourself.

People pretending like he’s Howard Hughes or something are just spinning a false narrative.

This is just silly.

Literally everybody college football reporter and recruiting insider that writes articles about Hartline all say the same thing:

He’s fun, energetic, engaging. They all say it’s easy to see why, *personality* wise, he’s a beast on the trail, even if you aren’t in the room with the recruits to see it for yourself.

People pretending like he’s Howard Hughes or something are just spinning a false narrative.
He’s not really though. He’s very nervous in a public speaking role. He doesn’t interview well, despite being a smart guy. Now with kids, yeah he’s young and easily personable, plus he has an amazing track record. I think that’s his ceiling, however.

Advertisement
Back